Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Skwirl posted:

Morrison and Aaron wrote the hell out of him. And he's an interesting character in that when he's written well you could see him being either a young Xavier or a young Magneto and you're curious which it's going to be.

The problem with Quentin is that his character kinda requires adolescence to make sense because once he's an adult the youthful rebellion turns into arrested development, and the Marvel Universe does slowly crawl forward in time. So while Aaron moved him forward it gets harder to use him while maintaining the character without him just being another psychic mutant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Madkal posted:

I doubt any parody in comic books of Trumps reign will seem satirical enough. I honestly don't know how comics will make him more abhorrent than he already is.

Draw him like Cruz.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I think Hickman's overall output has improved quite a bit, although I've heard Manhattan Projects has gone downhill.

I'll hesitantly say Moore because I think his overall output during the ABC period was stronger than anything prior, plus I really loved Promethea.

Most well known creators, though, I feel have a really strong middle period more than anything else. Everyone had to churn out some mediocre 2000AD comics first!

I'll toss in Soule, I think he's steadily improved.

Zachack fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 5, 2016

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Clayface seems like a decent bet since you could just hang out in public while Clayface commits crimes looking like you. You'd get paid for simply being an alibi.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Teenage Fansub posted:

No way. Klaus is great.
Maybe he meant Happy.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Madkal posted:

Time to send this thread off with a big hurrah, so I will pose this question to you educated goons. We all know of Ghost Rider and his awesome flaming bike, and we know about Silver Surfer silver surfing on his Silver surfboard, but what other characters are there that are characterized by their mode of transportation?

Black Racer, deadly skis.

Edit: Also Orion and his astro harness and Metron on his mobius chair.

Zachack fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Squizzle posted:

Follow-up question: Besides Silver Surfer and Ghost Rider, what characters spent a whole lot of time personally battling the devil in their solo series?

The X-Men fought Lucifer early on.

I will also, both comically and seriously, say Lucifer.

John Constantine is an obvious one.

• Locked thread