Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Gillen's Uncanny X-Men made a total joke out of Adam X, so he gets to move up the rankings a bit. Turning an Asgardian Juggernaut into a flaming Asgardian Juggernaut takes him from useless to a liability in battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Young X-Men are the best X-Men. I'm still waiting for a proper team up with the teen members of ANAD Avengers.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

It's funny you hate Quentin Quire, because your constant complaining about everything reminds me of an old man trying to act like a rebellious teenager.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Squizzle posted:

If Trump were to win, at least we'd get four(? Barring impeachment, total war, or the collapse of Western civilization, I guess) years with more unflattering appearances of the real-world POTUS in superhero comics than even Reagan had. That's at least some sort of entertainment.

They'd have to reboot the Ultimate universe so we can see Trump's Ultimates. They'd probably be a lot like Bush's, but we'd get Ultimates branded water and steaks.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Did everyone have a great Free Comic Book Day? I was wearing a Batman costume, and marinated in my own sweat for seven and a half hours, but it was worth it. People don't care if your costume is a little lovely, they're just happy to take pictures with Batman. We also had the Detroit Ghostbusters, and I got to fulfill my dream of wearing a replica proton pack.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

We got rid all of our copies of Strawberry Shortcake and most of our DC Super Hero Girls. Had a lot of parents bringing in their daughters. We had a Miles Morales Spider-Man kicking around for a while, and he got a great reaction. Thor was a good sport with his heavy rear end hammer. Everything went very well, despite my nervousness about having to compete with other local shops that had more professional cosplayers, or freaking Yanick Paquette, at their stores.

Only complaints I got were two different small kids telling me that Batman doesn't smile, and a tween saying I look like Robin in a Batman costume.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 8, 2016

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

I would have taken the latter as a compliment.

I did. I really want an accurate Dick Grayson Batman costume.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

It'd be even funnier if Timeless Appeal was the one that introduced them to it. Being assosciated with the worst character in the book must suck.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

X-O posted:

You know what I find really amusing and sad (for DC) about this Captain America thing is that somehow Marvel has taken what is an obvious shorter term story point and twist and it has completely overshadowed DC who on the same day basically just made the most controversial change to their comics imaginable by bringing Watchmen into the main DC Universe. DC's biggest gamble in years and it's getting completely overshadowed.

Kevin Smith pointed out that Marvel loves to troll DC like it's the 60's. DC can't do anything lately without Marvel throwing something out there to steal the attention of the press.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

For the people who follow Marvel much more closely, what was the last BIG gently caress up by Marvel. Like, if The Outhouse had a counter for Marvel, what are the kind of things that would reset it?

The captain America spoiler. That MIGHT be a bad idea, but it's one I want to actually see if they manage to make it work. A good story can actually come out of this.

Marvel doesn't have the editorial problems DC has, so it's more of an occasional slip up than a constant barrage of incompetence. Marvel should get a counter though just for the sake of comparison.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

X-O posted:

Iceman being gay was not a thing Bendis just up and created. It had been a theory for years that never got much traction with fans but just enough to kind of stick around for a while. Bendis is just the one that finally went and did it.

Maybe being voiced by Frank Welker makes people think that. Fred from Scooby Doo, Megatron, Doctor Claw. Think about it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Was Angel ever under suspicion? He'd have been my pick.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Squizzle posted:

How the heck did all of us forget Captain goddamn Planet?!

I'll never forget Captain "green mullet" Planet. Turner certainly didn't go cheap with the voice talent.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Little Mac posted:

There is Kirby TMNT art?!

Yeah. Apparently googling Jack Kirby TMNT also shows he's been a character on the cartoon. He also almost had a fifth turtle named after him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Rhyno posted:

He was in the comics as well. I believe that episode is loosely based on his comic appearance.

http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Jack_Kirby

Guess I'm going to have to find that comic.

• Locked thread