Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
This seems like the place for random questions...

Years ago I read a book about movie projects that never got made. It was a long book with lots of entries. One was the adaptation of an obscure 80s indie comic about a girl who first as a child is orphaned in an accident and raised by one of those African cultures that does the extreme body modifications like neck extensions and lip-plates. Later as an adult (and maybe an heiress?) she and some friends move back to the US. Like, I guess the whole thing had a lot of criticism about how the West views "traditional" beauty and stuff. Now I've been thinking about it again and I wish I could remember the title and creator (I want to say a woman was the writer and maybe artist). I want to say I looked for it like, over a decade ago, and had a lot of trouble finding any info about it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

fez_machine posted:

You're looking for Carol Lay and Goodnight, Irene. It's a weird one because I associate Lay with completely different stuff (short stories and a kind of forgotten career arc where she tried to sell a bookshop targeted self-help Graphic Novel which was coolly received and hasn't really surfaced again) and forget she did that one, had to dive deep into Trina Robbins to remember that she did that.

Support her by reading her stuff: http://www.gocomics.com/lay-lines and her Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/laylines?ty=h

Using this post as a jumping off point, I quickly found the comic is actually called "Good Girls". In my head I was remembering the title as something like "Beautiful Girls" which got me nowhere. Thanks for the help!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I think the weirdest fallout from the Iceman outing is, much like with the whole Caitlyn Jenner debacle, Family Guy is apparently psychic.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

BigRed0427 posted:

I might regret this but. Link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nhesX-8DXo

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Could someone point out or post some of the more "obvious" past moments that hinted at Iceman being gay? I'm clueless about them, and would very much like to see what is being alluded to.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Nick Fury got that not terrible David Hasselhoff TV movie back in the 90s...though if we're going backwards there's a ton of old stuff you're not counting that for better or for worse still exist.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

Also Man-Thing which I am still yet to watch.

You'll be disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

There's Mirage from Astro City.

Similarly, Static Shock also uses his powers to make a metal disc into a mode of transportation.

Would Iron Man count?

• Locked thread