Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DrProsek posted:

The only Summers that aren't garbage are Rachel and Hope.

Hope isn't actually related to anybody though, right? Didn't she only take the name because Cable adopted her?

Speaking of, that solo series with Cable raising Hope was pretty good. Cable's time machine gets broken in like the first issue and so he ends up only being able to travel forward in time which helped to give a story about time travel some stakes. Also they had to contend with a time crazy Bishop who was constantly doing stuff in the past to try and stop them. Like at one point he was setting up bombs to explode in the future that would render large swaths of land uninhabitable to try and narrow down Cable's choices of where to go. Bishop's motivation was also kind of interesting because he viewed everything that was going on as part of an alternate timeline that his actions would ultimately erase, so he was willing to do anything to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's better than the peel logo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm kind of annoyed with Amazon/Comixology right now because as far as I can tell stuff you buy from Amazon is shared with your Comixology account but not vice versa.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

What's the issue, are you trying to read comics on Kindle?

Yeah, I bought two volumes of a manga through Comixology but while browsing on Amazon today I noticed that they were also selling the manga digitally and they had a thing saying you could read it on both but looking at Comixology's website it doesn't go the other way. Just seems like an odd policy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I have a Paperwhite and that is actually pretty good for reading manga, especially because they're pretty much entirely in b&w. Also I have a family share thing going on with my Amazon account so anything I buy through the Kindle store my brother gets to read on his account too.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's not so much a reboot as a re-setting of continuity. They're making some changes but things still happened mostly the same.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Only the greatest superhero of the late 90s:

Please keep your Always Sunny references to yourself.

E: What the, this was based on a Malibu comic?

Was this the guy who drove around in that 90s ridiculous faux old timey car?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Yeah, he had a Plymouth Prowler. They were ridiculous, but I always smile whenever I see one on the road (which is never anymore).

Right, this was the guy who had the secret identity of saxophone player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What about the Dope Rider?

• Locked thread