Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Why's he red?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do his pants have a built in jock or does he just have an enormous bulge?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

For just 50 cents a day, less than a cup of coffee, you too can help mutate a starving African child into a horrific abomination with an external digestive system made of gigantic loving maggots.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What is the lumpy white stuff?

Edit: I like how it looks like he's throwing a dozen knives, but all that poo poo is actually his costume.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's Adam X THE XTREME (the italics and bold are part of his name.)

He was, once upon a time, meant to be the 3rd Summers brother.

His power is setting people's blood on fire. Which obviously a hero needs to do a lot.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You really have to admire Adam-X's commitment though.

Like if I found out my power was setting blood on fire my first thought would be "Well I guess I'm a supervillain now. I better go cut boob windows into all my clothes". But Adam-X hears that and he still convinces himself no, he can be a hero. Then he's handed a shirt, armbands and gloves with just loving knives all over the place. He can't even go near other people with that stuff, if he's not careful just walking down the street he could eviscerate someone. Still though, Adam-X tells himself he can be a hero.

We should all aspire to be as dedicated to heroism as Adam X.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DrProsek posted:

Full disclosure: I like the X-Men a lot, especially the ones with the weirder mutations. Eye lazers is pretty straightforward, Wolverine isn't really complicated he just has a giant list of mutations, but guys like Maggot are cool cause they have a power that seems useless, can be really useful if used creatively, and just have a lot of weirdness to how they work.

Wolverine technically only has the 1 mutation. He has the dumb mutant wolf-like offshoot mutation.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Hope isn't actually related to anybody though, right? Didn't she only take the name because Cable adopted her?

Speaking of, that solo series with Cable raising Hope was pretty good. Cable's time machine gets broken in like the first issue and so he ends up only being able to travel forward in time which helped to give a story about time travel some stakes. Also they had to contend with a time crazy Bishop who was constantly doing stuff in the past to try and stop them. Like at one point he was setting up bombs to explode in the future that would render large swaths of land uninhabitable to try and narrow down Cable's choices of where to go. Bishop's motivation was also kind of interesting because he viewed everything that was going on as part of an alternate timeline that his actions would ultimately erase, so he was willing to do anything to win.

She was totally supposed to be Jean reborn, but yeah she's not one of them by blood.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nah, Black Bolt is Magneto.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's been dead for like 15 years. it's Scott and Emma now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dark Beast.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's nothing edgy or rebellious about super bad opinions here.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DrProsek posted:

Yeah, a new X-Factor book these days would be amazing. It sucks the Polaris/Quicksilver stuff probably will never get developed/picked up again now that that they're not not half-siblings anymore but the X-Men need a good team book and none of the characters from X-Factor (save for Quicksilver) are up to anything.

So is Polaris still Magneto's real daughter?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Squizzle's going to lose his mind.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a certificate thing. Change it to http instead of https.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Working for the Calculator probably involves just refreshing Google News a lot and listening to police radio.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Psylocke is cool now. In X-Force books anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was just before Secret Wars.

And hey that's better than Deadpool!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

redbackground posted:

Does that basically mean they're just trying to keep him from suffering at this point, and the cancer is just going to take its course? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I've not had much experience with cancer care.

Usually, yeah. The term itself means a whole lot more, but people tend to mean the "we'll try to make you as comfortable as possible" stage.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

I just learned that George Zimmerman is auctioning off the gun he used to murder Trayvon Martin. I am officially considering cryogenically freezing myself until 2016 is over.

GBS has been bidding on it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

They've already had to cancel $65 million bids from Racist McShithead and Weedlord Bonerhitler among others, so at least the internet is responding correctly.

I tried to register but I don't think the site believed me when I told it I was Donald Trump :(

Well that's probably because Donald Trump has already bid on it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He can't actually fire him, they both own the book. He stepped down.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

We need some kind of rule that stops them making dramatic changes to these Caps. A "Caps Lock" if you like.

Dramatic shifts. Come on man.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Comics Cap is a total rear end in a top hat is barely news too though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

X-O posted:

You know what I find really amusing and sad (for DC) about this Captain America thing is that somehow Marvel has taken what is an obvious shorter term story point and twist and it has completely overshadowed DC who on the same day basically just made the most controversial change to their comics imaginable by bringing Watchmen into the main DC Universe. DC's biggest gamble in years and it's getting completely overshadowed.

It's extremely bad press because everyone hates it though.

Also I can't stand scummy fake news advertising like this.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 23:27 on May 26, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Coming this fall, in a story you never thought would happen, Batman final-

THOR HAS A NEW HAT! Gimme gimme gimme, I want it, I want it, I want it!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The way they portrayed Iceman coming out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

I thought the controversy was that Jean Grey forcibly outed him instead of it being his choice.

And the phrase "full on gay" or whatever it was she said made bisexual people, and people on behalf of bisexuals, super mad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not like they even had to read it. Nothing else in the run or even the previous pages of the book lead up to it, it was out of nowhere.

Edit: Wait, I thought you were just criticizing the reaction. You're actually defending the comic? That's terrible. You're terrible.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 28, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

X-O posted:

No, I'm saying he's actually correct about everything he's saying there. So if you want to be smug, better to be correct.

None of anything he said is relevant to why people didn't like the Iceman thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blankman.

(The best one.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

I know a shitload of indy cartoonists desperate for work/recognition and I only know one who applied to that.

Yeah I also have those friends who complain about not having a job but won't apply for anything.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I supported you before you hit it big, Squizzle. I better be getting something here.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bantamweight?!

We're enemies now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hey, there's still another day in May.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not manual?

What a weird site.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Edge & Christian posted:

So based on that math, he has eleven films hypothetically being made, and Stan Lee only has ten.

The 3 Fantastic Four movies are Stan Lee too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stan Lee also created Groot and Ronan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Professor X.

• Locked thread