Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
effceee
Jun 8, 2005
Yessss I am so hyped for this one.

How hyped? This hyped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5vleWLM1cY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013

gibb3h posted:

:hellyeah: just marathoned the DS LP and almost at the end of wind waker, perfect timing.

Same but now I'm almost at the end of the AC2 LP! Is there some sort of masochism boom going on with first The 3rd Birthday LP and now this of all things?
Christmas is here, who knew! :allears:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

RBA Starblade posted:

geop when's lords of the fallen

(never, hopefully)
Hey, that game is actually pretty decent.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

"I guess we're just resetting the enemies, huh."
"Yup!"

:3: I forgot how much I loved your group dynamic.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Welcome to die, Geop.

Also, when can we expect Shieldfried 2: Electric Boogaloo? :regd08:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

anilEhilated posted:

Hey, that game is actually pretty decent.

It's bad.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

IronSaber posted:

Bearer
Seek
Seek
Lest
Was someone saying keep? :argh:

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

davidspackage posted:

DS2 has pretty much all the armor sets from the first one in there somewhere, right? Just... asking. For a friend.

Not the Paladin set, much to my dismay. (The Hollow/Royal soldier set kinda looks like a not gold version of it though)

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

effceee posted:

Yessss I am so hyped for this one.

How hyped? This hyped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5vleWLM1cY
The Authentic Mumble Experience:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEDATsCuZCE

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

This should be a preset that people can toggle on and off for maximum showmanship.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm surprised how you missed the extra honeycomb in the first area, since you were giving the place a good look around. It's really weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tMJoTjcV1M

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

hoLY poo poo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Uh-oh, sounds like someone hit the first boss.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Try Man is very good at rugby at least.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

I'm surprised how you missed the extra honeycomb in the first area, since you were giving the place a good look around. It's really weird.

How did I miss that? I hope there is a video of the cheat codes you can use in the sand castle in Majula.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

RareAcumen posted:

I probably would have much higher opinion of this game if I had known about that when I was playing

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
I'm glad I'm here to witness this whole thing unfold.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh, and I also wanted to say that I'm looking forward to this because I have no idea what SoTFS changes from the base game and all I know is that 'Dark Souls fans' and 'change' aren't really things that get along with each other. So I have no idea what's a good change and what's a bad one.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
One step forward, two steps back IMO.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I never played this game and I haven't even really seen it either, so I can't think of a better way to experience it for the first time than with Geop behind the wheel.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 00:28 on May 2, 2016

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Oh boy, I JUST started playing DS 2, after spending a couple years whining about it. What good timing.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

YESSSS yes yes yes yes yes yesy esyyesYESYESYE

Hey, so can someone invade him and give him the Catarina helm?

Mazed fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 2, 2016

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Mazed posted:

YESSSS yes yes yes yes yes yesy esyyesYESYESYE

Hey, so can someone invade him and give him the Catarina helm?

no

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

True, there are even better hats (this isn't a spoiler)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
are people gonna complain when this lp isn't similar enough to the first one

Swork
Sep 5, 2011

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
to be funny
I'm mad that this lp isn't similar enough to assassin's creed

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Looper posted:

are people gonna complain when this lp isn't similar enough to the first one

Yes.

I'm already complaining about it not being finished.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Geop is gonna rek this puny game.

It's a stealth skilled LP

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

RareAcumen posted:

I'm already complaining about it not being finished.

You're gonna be disappointed for quite a while. How long did it take him to beat Wind Waker again?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Look on the bright side - by the time he's done all the DLC for DS3 will be out and he can wait a couple of years to do that.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Glad to see this happen. Played 2 more than 1 probably, and Geop's play of 1 was what got me into the series.

On the which game is best debate, I found I preferred the lore and level design of the first but the game play of the second blew it out of the water. Haven't seen much of three or played it, just want to see which skilled player makes a playthrough here and shows off everything in it, no idea if its already happening.

Godspeed Geop, and good luck with the Capra Wheel Cluster, you'll need it.

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Of the three entries in the series, I think 2 has the best NPCs in terms of dialogue and presence. I mean, clearly Sunbro and Onionbro are the best, hands down, but 2 has a lovely selection of people to check in with, and it's not half as convoluted as 3's stable.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
I think anyone familiar with 2 but not SotFS will figure out just what kind of changes they made really quickly.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

watch out for those capra demons, geop

Akogare Zephyr
Apr 29, 2013

Oh no! Why do this now when I have an injured shoulder? Oh my gawsh, as if I could let season 2 of Goonther Souls pass me by. Fine. Have this doodle.

Sorry I couldn't do more due to said shoulder issue, but I do want to say that I'm happy that this is happening and I look forward to seeing this unfold.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

CuwiKhons posted:

Look on the bright side - by the time he's done all the DLC for DS3 will be out and he can wait a couple of years to do that.

Why are all of you letting Geop off the hook for a Bloodborne LP?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Proposition Joe posted:

Why are all of you letting Geop off the hook for a Bloodborne LP?

Bloodborne is like Mario Kart or the Zelda CD-i games. It's kinda off on its own away from everything else and no one knows where to connect it.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I remember when Dark Souls 2 first came out and lots of people who took the games very seriously were mad that the old ladies kept teasing them about dying and losing their souls over and over.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Pwnstar posted:

I remember when Dark Souls 2 first came out and lots of people who took the games very seriously were mad that the old ladies kept teasing them about dying and losing their souls over and over.

lmao really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
i love that from software just flat out trolls people, like how they added the carvings to the dlc because the game got pissed on for not providing voice chat

or the shield in bloodborne whose only purpose is to break if you try to use it

• Locked thread