Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!

grassy gnoll posted:

drat, son, those TAGs.

Is your bike bounty hunter on a commercial base or a custom thing, and if it's the former, where can I find one?

I made it! It's super easy, I am glad it evidently shows off well.

The base is just cork board torn selectively so that it has rough and craggy edges, then glued onto a standard circular base. I glued standard basing sand into the bottom of the crack.

To paint it: Vallejo Cold Grey on the entire base then wash the whole thing black. Drybrush grey, grey+white, then pure white.

Secret Weapon pigment: Dark Earth was stippled heavily into the cracks and along the edges to make them look dirty. It was spread selectively on top of the "road" to add some ambient grime. That's it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

TheFinalTuba posted:

One more for ya... I'm not seeing my point in the spreadsheet for It's a Rescue.

Whoops! I'm really dropping the ball on the last month, must be all the excitement! Fixed.

Ilor posted:

Can you post a link to the final spreadsheet?

Sure thing! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CjBdEM06ehsHI_IGCRx-Ls-j3Mw3vCoZ02a83yBnRtA/edit?ts=57292533#gid=30

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

Zark the Damned posted:

Whoops! I'm really dropping the ball on the last month, must be all the excitement! Fixed.

ok, and one more one more xD Looks like you gave me a Spring Cleaning point, but I don't think I ever actually did that as an achievement. Despite the multiple cleanings of my desk haha. In the interest of integrity, remove my point there!

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Sorry to be that guy but it looks like I didn't get credit for completing April (and for the 12 completions).

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774261&perpage=40&pagenumber=59#post471863146

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Looks like I didn't get credit for the Squad Goals I did in June.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3774261&perpage=40&pagenumber=16#post461393057

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

head58 posted:

Sorry to be that guy but it looks like I didn't get credit for completing April (and for the 12 completions).

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774261&perpage=40&pagenumber=59#post471863146

Not sure where you're getting that from, maybe flush your cache? As far as I can see you've all 12 months and the Master achievement.

Sorted!

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

glitchkrieg posted:

Oath complete!

Will be adding my name when I've got access to a computer with Photoshop later!

If it's not too late, meant to say I was claiming Technical Challenge for the Gretchin, and Theme Challenge and Box Art for the Assassin

hexa fucked around with this message at 11:56 on May 3, 2017

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack
Does Krushgroove have a pulse yet? I never got an email back from him despite being a grabbag winner for the first month.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

glitchkrieg posted:

If it's not too late, meant to say I was claiming Technical Challenge for the Gretchin, and Theme Challenge and Box Art for the Assassin

OK, sorted

jubelio posted:

Does Krushgroove have a pulse yet? I never got an email back from him despite being a grabbag winner for the first month.

Not yet. He's not even done most of last season and is pretty much ignoring my emails now :(

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Well, we reached the end of the prize draws. Why did I keep doing this even after krushgroove went to the moon? It's only because he's repeatedly said that he'd be coming back "soon", and here at the end I just kept doing it so it was done in case he did.
I do hope that he shows up at some point, and the you all get your prizes, but I have no control over any of that. Just make sure to email him like it says in these posts and we'll see what happens.

:siren: 4. QUARTERLY PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT laptop work tray is: CHUTCHE2!

:siren: APRIL PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: ILOR!

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: FOOLSTER41!

And now the GRAB BAG prize!
First this wanted Floppychop to win again, but he can't do that, so it's a re-roll.
The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: GLITCHKRIEG!

We have albums going for both the US-based and the UK/EU-based prize pots! So here's who you will contact for your choice of prize:
If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live in the UK or Europe, you are choosing from Krushgroove's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live anywhere else, you may choose from either prize pot.

To CLAIM your prizes: The default method to claim any prize you may get is to EMAIL krushgroove at krushgroove169 at gmail.com. Please put 'Oath Thread Prize for (your username)' as the subject of your email. In the body of the email, provide your real name, postal address and prize choices. Finally, please see the Postage Costs section immediately below.

If you're happy to wait for your loot you can help save on postage costs by waiting for your prizes until the end of the Oath Season (May 2017). This is entirely optional but does help save a LOT of money. You can also donate towards krushgroove's postage costs, contact him at the email above - MDF gets pretty heavy!

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I counterspin oath a unit of six slaughterhousers from Hordes

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

counterspin posted:

I counterspin oath a unit of six slaughterhousers from Hordes

Wrong thread :) Go to the season 8 thread instead.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Doh!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Any word on final judging?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

#FreeKrushgroove

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Galleries were sent to the Judges at the start of the month. I know Cat Face Joe is busy but I haven't heard back from the others.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Signal posted:

Any word on final judging?

From this year, or last?

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Last, year 7. While I know Krushgroove (RIP) handled the prize stuff, I'm mostly just curious about the judging results and final totals. :)

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
And one more oath, which I might live to regret

5 Masamune drones from Human Interface

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

glitchkrieg posted:

And one more oath, which I might live to regret

5 Masamune drones from Human Interface

Wrong thread! Cross post it to the new season :)

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

Just realised, but ta!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Zark the Damned posted:

I know Cat Face Joe is busy.

Sorry, we moved and then went on vacation. Also the oath gallery won't open on the imgur app.

:orks101:March Mudgement :orks101:

Third Place (1 Point): - NTRabbit

I can tell a lot of work went into putting this together. It's a great use of the bits box. The wood grain and monster both have nice depth. The flag is definitely a special standout.

Second Place (2 Points): - Galaspar

I really feel like you've improved over the season. Once again, I'm a big fan of these colors. I think the grime is well done. The holes on the face mask really show it off.The four orange gems look great, I initially thought you'd glued something on. Great job.

First Place (3 Points): - Floppychop

You've done an excellent job making a very busy model look clear and cohesive. There's a lot of little fiddly bits that you've done a great job picking out. The wood depth is well done. The metals look good and aren't overpowering. The lining on the crystals give them a nice glow. All told, very well put together.

Bonus Point (1 Point): - Schmetterling

All these bits and pieces paint such a great picture. He just looks so pleased at his collection. You did well making each book look different yet equally appetizing for check-out. Also my wife would like to award you "one half extra point because it's nice that the dragon runs a library".

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

:orks101:April Judgement :orks101:

Third Place (1 Point): - KingMob

I like the colors you've chosen for these. The brown and green are especially well done. You've done well picking out the various parts of the faces and completing the eyes. The metals stand out but aren't overwhelming. I think the colors on the commissar's cape do a good job identifying her as above the rest but don't make her seem out of place.

Second Place (2 Points): - Signal

These are clean, cohesive, and sharp, especially for such small models. They're all very crisp and standup well to being photographed up close. The freehand is consistent across all the models.

First Place (3 Points): - Red Shoe

This is better than the studio paint job. This is nuts. The blue/white blending is top notch. You've managed some good depth on calves despite the hexes. All the gray and black are highlighted well. The base is great. This is a job very well done.

Bonus Point (1 Point): - Ashcans

This is the first photo in the album and I thought something had happened to my monitor's colors. These remind me so much of looking through my friend's old Warham books and magazines. It was a color palette that only the models of yesteryear could pull off.

And with that, I believe all my judgements are complete. Thanks for having me as a replacement judge and good luck to everyone in Season 8 :scrunt:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Cat Face Joe posted:

Third Place (1 Point): - NTRabbit

I can tell a lot of work went into putting this together. It's a great use of the bits box. The wood grain and monster both have nice depth. The flag is definitely a special standout.

My first ever judge's point :aaaaa:

Thanks so much!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

My first ever judge's point :aaaaa:

Thanks so much!

You're very welcome, it's a great piece.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Cat Face Joe posted:

Bonus Point (1 Point): - Ashcans

This is the first photo in the album and I thought something had happened to my monitor's colors. These remind me so much of looking through my friend's old Warham books and magazines. It was a color palette that only the models of yesteryear could pull off.

Thanks a lot, glad they achieved the nostalgia effect! They're sitting in my cabinet looking decidedly out of place from all my more modern pieces, but at least they're not relegated to storage now.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!

Cat Face Joe posted:

:orks101:April Judgement :orks101:

First Place (3 Points): - Red Shoe

This is better than the studio paint job. This is nuts. The blue/white blending is top notch. You've managed some good depth on calves despite the hexes. All the gray and black are highlighted well. The base is great. This is a job very well done.

Thanks! I don't think I'm rivaling Giraldez yet but some day, maybe.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Cat Face Joe posted:

First Place (3 Points): - Floppychop

You've done an excellent job making a very busy model look clear and cohesive. There's a lot of little fiddly bits that you've done a great job picking out. The wood depth is well done. The metals look good and aren't overpowering. The lining on the crystals give them a nice glow. All told, very well put together.

First time placing and it was first! This made my day. Thanks!

That thing was a PITA to assemble and paint. 9 different sub-assemblies IIRC. It lets me realize that the effort paid off.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Congratulations to everyone and thanks to the judges for their hard work.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
As is tradition I failed the first oath of a new season.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

As is tradition I failed the first oath of a new season.

And posted about it in the previous seasons thread? ;)

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
In my defence, I am stupid.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

In my defence, I am stupid.

A defence that works in all situations!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Edit: Whoops wrong oath thread!

But again, great goblins NTRabbit

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
In the JANUARY PRIZE DRAW I was "The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: INDOLENT BASTARD!"

How do I go about claiming this?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Indolent Bastard posted:

In the JANUARY PRIZE DRAW I was "The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: INDOLENT BASTARD!"

How do I go about claiming this?

You draw your pentagram on the floor, and summon whatever dark god has claimed Krushgroove and stopped him from interacting with us.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Pash posted:

You draw your pentagram on the floor, and summon whatever dark god has claimed Krushgroove and stopped him from interacting with us.

We've ruled out Cthulhu, Bast, N'Zoth, Khonshu, C'thun, and Yogg-Saron. Thats a whole lot of virgin sacrifices but luckily this thread is full of em. :dukedoge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
My money's always on Nyarlathotep.

• Locked thread