Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
I, Yeast Oath 2 Vendettas, and 1 Valkyrie

First time in the oath thread in something like 3 years. Excited!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Oath complete!

I'm pretty happy with the way the skin on this guy ended up coming out. Not so happy with the skirt and pteruges, at least from the front, but the model has reached the point at which I end up saying :effort: and calling it done so I can move on.

Challenge is the fact that he's obviously from a fantasy setting, wearing ye olde armor and wielding ye olde sword.

Also claiming Monster May-hem! for his status as a giant, and claiming an additional entry for the following scene I threw together with some of my Dragons Don't Share minis, showing off his physical presence relative to human-sized adventurers!

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Oath Addition!
Adding on another member of the Alchemists: Vitriol.

head58 posted:

May as well give this another try this year.

I, head58, oath these three Guild Ball Alchemist models (Steamforged Games, 28mm) for the month of May: Midas, Calculus and Mercury

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

drgnvale posted:

Oath complete

I made some poor color choices, got very lazy and sloppy on the cloth highlighting and the model has more mold lines and soft details than any other model I've tried to paint. I think it looks kinda crappy but at least I'm painting again :unsmith:

Oh hey, I should probably claim the theme challenge because this is one fantasy swamp lich. I also just saw the It's a Rescue! achievement, and that's a fantastic addition to the thread. I have so many half finished 40k tanks and this really cool zombie dragon that will look fantastic once it's done and based...

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Sorry guys! Been super busy since Saturday, went to Warhammer Fest, uploaded videos and pictures and all sorts of things, and since then have been knackered since I started playing squash (that's racquetball for my fellow Americans) and badminton one day each a week!

As I've said before, don't worry if I'm not able to get to your Oaths immediately, I try to check in a couple times a week, and more often early in the month and times like now, in the beginning of a brand new season!

It's great to see a bunch of new and familiar names joining up - even if you're not going for max points to get some of the Grand Prize loot at the end of the year, you do get points for completing 3, 6, 9 and even 12 Oaths, so I hope you all stick around right to the end!

I'll be Oathing soon, too...I've pre-primed a ton of Zombicide miniatures just for the Oath Thread, so at the risk of having to eat my breakfast out of a toilet or something:
:siren: :siren: What sort of Toxx/Oath should I do in case I miss a month this time around? :siren: :siren:
:siren: AND WHO WANTS TO JOIN ME?! :siren:

(obviously it must be something I would be willing to do, but would be shameful/embarrassing to Oath Threaders...like painting a My Little Pony on one of my Forge World models or something!)

(and I do have many other models of my own I need to do, so when the time comes that I run out of zombies I have lots of much more detailed models to work on!)

And now to the Oaths:

Pierzak posted:

Oath Addition: Spring Cleaning!

I, Pierzak, swear to clean/organize both the desk with my painting station and the gaming table auxiliary painting station permanent temporary storage space for various poo poo I wanted off my desk in the last 8 months or so let's not kid ourselves this is borderline hoarding I mean what the gently caress man why would you even keep half that poo poo

(timged for sick filth)

Desk:

Desk & table:

Same table, another angle:

Nichol posted:

After painting over 40 models in the last two months and having nothing (but sweet models?) to show for it, I finally jump into the Oath thread, or at least dip my toes in with these rinky dink oaths:

I Nichol, hereby oath this Lothern Sea Guard with an extra long spear (it may be a dragon prince lance) and this... Metal Harlequin?

I think the Sea Guard has a dragon on his shield and the Harlie is a definite Rescue. He's been sitting in the bottom of my tool tin for like three years. I think I based him at my friend's house when it was bequeathed to me, and haven't touched it since. I imagine he's been stewing away, battling tweezers and sprue bits with his mighty power weapon. It has been a lonely, futile existence.

Luebbi posted:

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!

I, Luebbi, pledge these 7 Privateer Press Cygnar Trenchers!

I do realize these fit neither theme, but it's the unit I want to get done the most before Warmachine MK3 hits the scene. The unit is 14 man strong (15 actually, but I used one dude for base decoration), and I already got started on the first half. Depending on how long I take, I might still be able to add something dragon-ey to my oath later this month,.

Galaspar posted:

For May, Galaspar oaths 5 space marines!

Hopefully I haven't left it too late in the month to make a decent job of them. Actually planned this oath a while ago, when the theme for the month was looking to be "paint your oldest model" - that captain in the centre is from 1986, and I figured he'd be a good counterpart to the 30th anniversary marine. Still, kitbashed the wide-grilled fellow on the other side with fur, chain, axe and sword, so I can try for the fantasy theme. He was fun to make, as well!

Foolster41 posted:

Finally, Imgur!

Oath Addition: I, Foolster41 oath to paint these adorable reaper mouselings (a ranger with bee familiar, and a druid).

(I'm almost done by the time this actually uploaded. :P )

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Archangel. This is a model from the Legion of Everblight faction, of Privateer Press' Hordes.

This will be for the jurnal (rationale: giant fuckin' dragon) and the big monster contest (rationale: giant fuckin'' dragon).

Red Shoe posted:

Additional oath:

A Blindwalker, Gobber Chef, and Lynus & Edrea
All Privateer Press
(please don't forget the Season 6 Oath Judging :))

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I, GalagaGalaxian, oath these Guild Ball Mason players and ball.

BobFish posted:

As it's been a busy month just a colour test mini this time.

I, BobFish, oath one 28mm Elf Lineman by Black Scorpion Miniatures

Seamoose posted:

I, Seamoose, am oathing that I will paint Esters
She is a member of the brewers guild from Steamforged games, Guildball.

LewdMonocle posted:

Oath addition! I, LewdMonocle add 2 troll skiiners, a kriel warrior, and a scattergunner 28mm.

Nichol posted:

oath addition!!!
Also this Tyranid Hive Tyrant with homemade TL Devourers.
Is it a village-busting dragon beast? I think so!
sorry for the black spots, this laptop has taken a beating or ten.

Floppychop posted:

Oath Complete
Claiming Where are my Dragons since Zuriel is a dragonspawn that flies around and breaths fire.

nesbit37 posted:

One more oath addition! gullahvar, 28mm from GW lotr.

Yeast posted:

I, Yeast Oath 2 Vendettas, and 1 Valkyrie

First time in the oath thread in something like 3 years. Excited!

head58 posted:

Oath Addition!
Adding on another member of the Alchemists: Vitriol.

OATHS ACCEPTED!

head58 posted:

Is there a word for getting halfway through basecoating a mini and realizing you never took a picture of it to add to your monthly oath?
Actually...you're fine if you'd completed the basecoating (assuming the whole model is one color)

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack
I, Jubelio, Oath that I will paint this Privateer Press Menoth Paladin of the Order of the Wall

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

My Falcons melted in dettol because I'm dumb. I'm probably gonna oath some Rapiers to replace them tomorrow. :)

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I, KPC_Mammon, oath for the month of May 2 Privateer Press Angelius.

First time oathing, pretty excited for the coming year of painting!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
:siren: Oath Complete

Monster May-hem! Double even. They are hard to get a closeup of both because of the tentacle arms. Who thought that was a good idea?

Here are all of my nids so far. Still have a long way to go!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

After melting my Falcons, I, Flipswitch, Oath to paint one UCM Condor for Dropzone Commander.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

After melting my Falcons, I, Flipswitch, Oath to paint one UCM Condor for Dropzone Commander.

Just to confirm, you're replacing your Oath and not adding to it?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah buddy, replacement.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

As it would be a shame to have a trained, armoured Dwarven Battlewren without its rider...

Oath Addition!
One Sveri Egilax, from Kings of War by Mantic (sans Badger)

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Oath complete! Claiming Monster MAYhem, Squad Goals, and the DRAGONS theme!

Squad goals is for all of the scourge this month, there are almost 100 of them painted. We'll start off here with this desolator that I made a clear resin base and flight stand for to represent it's main weapon and I also added a blue and white LED for extra effect.

Next up is a Death Tyrant someone put up on shapeways. I made some clear pink resin that I cast from a mold of a ball bearing to use as the floaty eyeballs. I tried to also cast clear resin for the phantasmal limb stalks that hold those spectral eyeballs in place but hot glue ended up being easier to work with and a lot faster despite it not being as clear as I would like.

For my monsters we'll start with a Reaper dragon...

Then a Lord of the Rings giant vampire thing

and finally a 10mm scale monster called the screamer, shown with some exotic (and larger than average) infantry for scale that I also painted this month. In the second picture it is riding it's dropship.

Then to finish off this month's oath we have a whole bunch of Dropzone Commander stuff

nesbit37 fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 21, 2016

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

nesbit37 posted:

Squad goals is for all of the scourge this month, there are almost 100 of them painted. We'll start off here with this desolator that I made a clear resin base and flight stand for to represent it's main weapon and I also added a blue and white LED for extra effect.

Next up is a Death Tyrant someone put up on shapeways. I made some clear pink resin that I cast from a mold of a ball bearing to use as the floaty eyeballs. I tried to also cast clear resin for the phantasmal limb stalks that hold those spectral eyeballs in place but hot glue ended up being easier to work with and a lot faster despite it not being as clear as I would like.

and finally a 10mm scale monster called the screamer, shown with some exotic (and larger than average) infantry for scale that I also painted this month. In the second picture it is riding it's dropship.

Then to finish off this month's oath we have a whole bunch of Dropzone Commander stuff

Fukkin nice!
:drat:

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
OATH COMPLETE!

For this month's Oath, I am also claiming the following achievements:
It's a Rescue! - I got these minis third- or fourth-hand from a friend. They were based on squares of thick card-stock (who the gently caress does that for 28mm minis?), primed (badly), had the faces and hands painted, and had two different colors of green on the pants, both of which were applied thinly and unevenly. Oh, and the original assembler hadn't cleaned off any of the flash, mold lines, or gates. Some gentle caresses with a file and an X-Acto knife and an overnight bath in Super Clean got them ready for some hot Oath action!

#SquadGoals - They are, in fact, a WW2 US infantry squad; An NCO (the guy in the foreground with the Tommy gun and mounted on the larger base), a 3-man BAR team, and an 8-man rifle team. My original Oath photo only showed 10, but I saw at some point that a full squad was 12 so I dug out and Super Cleaned two more (I got a whole box full of them) to round out the unit. Should that have counted as an "Oath Addition" ???

This was my first Oath, thanks for giving me motivation to actually get some stuff painted in a timely fashion!

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
I haven't painted anything in years and don't have any miniatures currently, but I want to do this.

Thinking about getting some 15mm ancients and some malifaux models since they are so cool.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

nesbit37 posted:

So much to like here!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

nesbit37 posted:

Here is a picture of nesbit37 incinerating the rest of the thread participants with plasma, in a widely applauded mercy killing

Yeah ok whatever, gently caress

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Oath Complete:

Carnor Jax, Royal Guard, in my own custom white/purple/nato black scheme where purple is the accent colour. Royal Guard ties are all accent colour. Pleased with this, albeit I should have started with a shade lighter purple as it's just a tad dark at present.

Still, this rounds out my squad for Regionals.

And yeah, theme: dragons. It's a spaceship which shoots lasers at other spaceships, it'll have to do.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

lilljonas posted:

I came home today and found a note that there was a package waiting at the post office. And indeed, I got to pick up this nifty KR multicase bag:

That's how cool and nice the KR guys are, I had completely forgotten the KR competition in last oath thread. Major kudos, this is perfect for my new Viking skirmish force!

Indolent Bastard posted:

My prize case just arrived yesterday. It's pretty drat keen.

Just to check, am I the only winner from the season 6 KR competition yet to receive their prize from KR?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NTRabbit posted:

Just to check, am I the only winner from the season 6 KR competition yet to receive their prize from KR?

You're in Australia, correct? I'd imagine either transit times or Customs - if you haven't had anything after another week or so email me.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

OATH COMPLETE :dance:

Claiming the Squad Goal (They're members of the same sports team), Theme Challenge (its a fantasy setting similar to Blood Bowl, plus look at all the armor and hammers). I'll also make a claim at Box art because they're based on (But not 100% adherent to) their concept artwork (Chisel).

With bonus Goal Token

No Golden Daemon winners, but given I haven't painted in a few years and was a beginner even then, I'm satisfied with myself. Honour and Harmony (The two on the outside) are kinda lousy (their minis are lousy too), but I am relatively happy with the other three.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog
OATH COMPLETE!!!

CLAIMING DRAGONS (Lothern Shield; Fantasy Model), MONSTER MAY-HEM WIP PHOTOS, (Flyrant), IT'S A RESCUE (Harlequin)

Nichol posted:

oath complete
I dunno, they're painted.
Also, Where are my dragons (shield) or alternatively, fantasy (wooden mail), and rescue!!!

Update: Dat Tyrant:
WIP Photos:

DONE!!

I'll try to take a better photo when I get home, but am housesitting atm.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
That Tyrant is beautiful. Very nicely done.

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
I Arson Fire, oath to paint 9 zombies in the month of May (CMON 28mm)

Much as I'd like to paint another big model for the monthly theme, I don't have any quite ready to start painting at the moment. So it's time for more zombies.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

TTerrible posted:

That Tyrant is beautiful. Very nicely done.

Wow thanks! All I can see is the sloppinesses

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Nichol posted:

Wow thanks! All I can see is the sloppinesses

It's like hearing a recording of yourself; everyone hates looking at their own pictures of models!

INinja132
Aug 7, 2015

Oath Complete!

Claiming Theme Challenge (Fantasy)

I'd also like to claim the Box Art challenge, but annoyingly the GW Lord of the Rings line doesn't exist on the internet any more. I have included a picture from the Legions of Middle Earth rulebook though if that counts?

Not super happy with the image quality but that's what I get for not splashing out on a proper camera I guess :(

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

jubelio posted:

I, Jubelio, Oath that I will paint this Privateer Press Menoth Paladin of the Order of the Wall

KPC_Mammon posted:

I, KPC_Mammon, oath for the month of May 2 Privateer Press Angelius.
First time oathing, pretty excited for the coming year of painting!

Flipswitch posted:

Arson Fire posted:

I Arson Fire, oath to paint 9 zombies in the month of May (CMON 28mm)
Much as I'd like to paint another big model for the monthly theme, I don't have any quite ready to start painting at the moment. So it's time for more zombies.

LazyAngel posted:

As it would be a shame to have a trained, armoured Dwarven Battlewren without its rider...

Oath Addition!
One Sveri Egilax, from Kings of War by Mantic (sans Badger)

OATHS ACCEPTED!

Zark the Damned posted:

Just to confirm, you're replacing your Oath and not adding to it?

Flipswitch posted:

Yeah buddy, replacement.

Not sure how you're counting this yet Zark but I'd put this down as a mulligan/do-over - not something that would normally slip but like the warnings, etc., everyone should get one per season.

goodness posted:

I haven't painted anything in years and don't have any miniatures currently, but I want to do this.

Thinking about getting some 15mm ancients and some malifaux models since they are so cool.

DOOO EEEET

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

krushgroove posted:

You're in Australia, correct? I'd imagine either transit times or Customs - if you haven't had anything after another week or so email me.

Schmetterling just got hers today over in the season 6 thread, so I guess mine shouldn't be far away

Seamoose
May 30, 2015
oath update!
I, Seamoose, will be adding this REAPER Bones dragon

I'd like to speed paint this bad boy
it will most def be the where are my dragons challenge

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I, jodai, oath these models: Lucas McCabe dismounted; McCabe Mounted; Guard Captain; Monk of Low River and Luna. All Malifaux(Wyrd Miniatures, 32 mm).

Mounted McCabe was a little too close to the paint area during my frantic rush to get some paint on some Infinity guys and caught a dab of misty grey. I won't count him if it's a problem but he is getting painted!

Seamoose
May 30, 2015
!! OATH COMPLETED !!

Completed Oath!

I am going to need to figure out how to paint her face. I just, I just dunno man.

I did three colors for the Dragon but I feel like it just looks like one color with a wash. I wanted to make his spindly arm wing bits pop more but a lighter color looked bad. Gotta keep practicing and maybe learn a color wheel or buy more paint.

This is the finished time clock for speed painting
and its a dragon for where are my dragons

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I'm going to have to oath some minis this year. Back on the horse.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
I wanted to oath my necron scythe but one of the guns that goes on the underside has been lost somewhere in my house move. Can I oath it with a gun missing? Gonna paint it so it's been shot off.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Lethemonster posted:

I wanted to oath my necron scythe but one of the guns that goes on the underside has been lost somewhere in my house move. Can I oath it with a gun missing? Gonna paint it so it's been shot off.
Sure. You can oath pretty much whatever you want so go nuts.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

I am glad this weekend is long because I have yet to even change the position of my tiny mans on my hobby desk.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Lethemonster posted:

As long as you paint what you oathed it doesn't matter what you oathed. Just don't lose any bits in between oathing and finishing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
I lethemonster, do hereby oath one necron scythe consisting of the main body and two of its tum-tum guns.

Gah I just realized one of the guns is primed black >.<

Lethemonster fucked around with this message at 07:47 on May 25, 2016

• Locked thread