Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

krushgroove posted:

My proposal for new Oath avatars is for every month to offer one or two avatars to Oathers who complete their Oaths (and have opted in to get an avatar, because many people like their avatars), and for an avatartist (see what I did there?) to give them an Oathkeeper avatar. This could be Pierre (whose avatars you can see in this very thread), SRM (he of Dawn of Awesome fame), grassy gnoll or anyone else handy with Photoshop and armed with a... <snip>

I can get behind this, my current avatar was from the original oath thread, though I can't remember who the artist was (give me a break, it was like 6 years ago!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete

I think I figured out a better lighting etc. set up so my pics don't suck like usual, next step is to get a better backdrop instead of the cheap rear end lightbox I've been using.

My angry, scowly white Dragon - my spray undercoat went on weird and ended up quite fuzzy but I think it's worked out OK as ice crystals embedded in the scales etc.

A Squad of hardy Dwarf Adventurers, partners to my existing Frostgrave warband from last season. Scroll dude would make a good Sigilist if I ever tire of Enchanting.

A quick scene I threw together to show off the rough scale of the Dragon. Unpainted ruins from Renedra.

Spring Cleaning complete!

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne

Scowny posted:

I, Scowny, oath that I will paint these 5 28mm GW Alpha Legion Headhunters
Finished these guys so I'm gonna add to the Oath!

I, Scowny, oath in addition the 28mm GW Gamesday 2009 Exalted Hero. I figure this guy will count for the Theme challenge?

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Their flashing tongues, spitting out blood and poison.
Fun Shoe

Lethemonster posted:

I lethemonster, do hereby oath one necron scythe consisting of the main body and two of its tum-tum guns.

Gah I just realized one of the guns is primed black >.<

Prime is fine, you can even have that Tzeentch prime or whatever the hell its call. (Zenthial? SP)

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

malal posted:

Prime is fine, you can even have that Tzeentch prime or whatever the hell its call. (Zenthial? SP)

I think this is excellent. Tzeentchian priming. :v:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Total War and Overwatch has made me fear for my Oath :ohdear:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
You oathed one guy! Make it work! Take one hour a day out of brushing Tracer's hair or whatever Overwatch is and paint. In a few days you should be done.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Business Gorillas posted:

hello friends, i am actually going to do this this year.

i, Business Gorillas, oath to paint one (1) night goblin fanatic and three (3) dwarf longbeards

in addition to this, i will also be oathing three (3) dwarf miners
:radcat: OATH COMPLETE :radcat:

here's one of the miners

and a group shot

i'm claiming the theme challenge for this one

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I picked up some more guild ball minis this week and I can't decide whether to work on them this weekend (but probably not finish them, so no oathing) or wait until the start of next month so I can oath them .

Of course, I could just work on them this weekend and grab some more minis or dig out some of my old high elves or something for next month...

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Bad Moon posted:

MasterSlowPoke posted:

You oathed one guy! Make it work! Take one hour a day out of brushing Tracer's hair or whatever Overwatch is and paint. In a few days you should be done.

Yeah! I have a 7 week old baby and I've just finished my oath this morning (still need to take photos oc) - I did do with while rocking said child with one foot as I glued on static grass, but If I can paint a whole village a 96 6mm Germans, you can finish one model!

(Yes, I am trying to shame you into picking up a brush. its for your own good.)

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Waiting until nearly the end of the month, but I, Commissar Red, oath this archer dude from a range i'm not sure of. (Click for huge)

Edit: Found out it's a Khamsin Ranger from Reaper.

Zuul the Cat fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 25, 2016

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Oath Complete

I'm pleased with my new town.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Grey Hunter posted:

Yeah! I have a 7 week old baby and I've just finished my oath this morning (still need to take photos oc) - I did do with while rocking said child with one foot as I glued on static grass, but If I can paint a whole village a 96 6mm Germans, you can finish one model!

(Yes, I am trying to shame you into picking up a brush. its for your own good.)

get baby high on glue fumes to soothe it, noted for when I'm a parent :P

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

PVA doesn't produce fumes....

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Just a joke. I know basing stuff is usually PVA, but I still have childhood memories of Airfix and heady fumes. Probably no lasting draim branage...

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Bad Moon posted:

Dude, I work 60 hours a week, my son is getting married this month, and I have plenty of other obligations. (Not to mention Diablo 3.)

I oathed 30 marines, dread, five termies, terminator captain, chaplain (battle
Of calth basically,) a converted Ork plane, four assassins, and the 30th anniversary marine.

All of it is done except the plane, c'mon son! Put down the games for one evening!!!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Grey Hunter posted:

PVA doesn't produce fumes....

Not with that kind of lazy attitude. You can make anything psychoactive if you want it enough. Why, my great grandfather huffed pine resin and rusty nails, back in the day, and this copier toner has given me only a few extra lymphoblasts, tops.

Actual content: how much lead time do we need between posting a properly time-stamped image from a few days ago and a complete oath?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

malal posted:

Dude, I work 60 hours a week, my son is getting married this month, and I have plenty of other obligations. (Not to mention Diablo 3.)

I oathed 30 marines, dread, five termies, terminator captain, chaplain (battle
Of calth basically,) a converted Ork plane, four assassins, and the 30th anniversary marine.

All of it is done except the plane, c'mon son! Put down the games for one evening!!!

Tbf you're probably one of the best painters on the board though

Idk about you guys but whenever I watch or read warhammer stuff I really wanna paint.

You can do it, goon. Paint the man!

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Tbf you're probably one of the best painters on the board though

Idk about you guys but whenever I watch or read warhammer stuff I really wanna paint.

You can do it, goon. Paint the man!

Why thank ya!

Maybe not the best, certainly the fastest!

Truth be told it's gonna be close for me, I wanna go overboard on the plane with the lizardmen pilot. I might not finish myself!

I just wanted to be encouraging, if new dad can learn to paint with his feet so he can coddle the newborn, new games can be set down for a few hours to slap paint on primer.

Remember there's no quality control, you just gotta finish!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

grassy gnoll posted:

Actual content: how much lead time do we need between posting a properly time-stamped image from a few days ago and a complete oath?

As long as it takes you to complete the oath? If you oath something and finish it in less than 24hrs you get to claim speed painting.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Oath Complete!

Technical Challenge: Dragon

I should've taken photos of my progress, because I screwed these guys up pretty bad. Ended up having to strip the paint, remove the wings, apply acetone to clean up the old superglue, and completely start over from scratch.

Here is a photo of them contesting a zone with the soon to be dead Saxon Orrik.

I'd also like to claim the following:
Monster MAY-HEM!
They're multiplying!
They're destroying our village!

LewdMonocle
Mar 8, 2007
Oath Complete!

Claiming:
Fantasy theme
SquadGoals
Frastgrave warband.

Im super pleased with how these guys turned out. Its been almost a year since I put paint to model, even longer since I finished one. Not pictured are a few more duders I finished but started before May.

Btw: does it help you guys when the original oath(s) is quoted?

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

LewdMonocle posted:

Oath Complete!

Claiming:
Fantasy theme
SquadGoals
Frastgrave warband.

Im super pleased with how these guys turned out. Its been almost a year since I put paint to model, even longer since I finished one. Not pictured are a few more duders I finished but started before May.

Btw: does it help you guys when the original oath(s) is quoted?

That's some drat fine trolls, dude.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Am I allowed to claim Oath Complete before it's approved?

OATH COMPLETE!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Oath Complete!

Technical Challenge: Dragon

I'd also like to claim the following:
Monster MAY-HEM!
They're destroying our village!

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Oath Complete

One Reaper Bones Knight from their 'Learn to Paint' set.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Prize received, KR is the best :kimchi:

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
I need someone to either tell me that my minis need to have the same colour primer on or to accept my oath so I can start painting it :<

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Lethemonster posted:

I need someone to either tell me that my minis need to have the same colour primer on or to accept my oath so I can start painting it :<

Just paint it! Krushgroove will tell you if something's wrong and ask for new pictures of whatever your model looks like now, but you don't have to wait for acceptance after you've posted your oath.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Prize received, KR is the best :kimchi:

Is there going to be a repeat of this competition this year?

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

These are fantasy/mythology so I did the Theme Challenge. Two giants and Fenrir, who at some point is so big that his lower jaw scrapes the ground and his upper jaw touches the sky, gets me Monster MAY-HEM! with They're multiplying! on top.
I'm also going for WIP Photos:

Everything primed grey, then highlighted to almost white. Then all skin got a turquoise wash.

Recesses gets some blue ink, deep recesses and around the fur gets some purple ink.

Skin brought back up to a very light grey.

Fur, rocks, nails, teeth and tongue painted. Arm rings painted brown for the coming gold. Only snow, gold and the base is left to do.

Oh right, I also did Spring Cleaning:

Electric Hobo posted:

Before:

After:

Much better!

Electric Hobo fucked around with this message at 14:24 on May 28, 2016

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Oath Complete!!

Zark the Damned posted:

I also dig those Ultras Uroboros, surprised you didn't tag Squad Goals too :)

I suppose I claim #SQUAD GOALS for the Achievement.

TheArmorOfContempt fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 26, 2016

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I'm loving all the big monsters I'm seeing, should be plenty of competition for Monster May-Hem!

I also dig those Ultras Uroboros, surprised you didn't tag Squad Goals too :)

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Oath Complete

It was one hell of a month, but the awesome kit that my fiancee got me for my birthday is finally complete. It is a Nurgle Heldrake conversion for my Forsaken Chaos Space Marines, and fits in very well with my skeletal plague marines(coming soon), demon prince, and winged Lord. (also coming soon)

Claiming Where are my Dragons, and Monster MAY-Hem. (For it is a zombie dragon you see)

Edit: Added username to photos

jadebullet fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jun 1, 2016

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETE

I'm claiming #squadgoals on this since they're all part of the Alchemists team. Also Box Art as the friend I'm painting these for wanted the studio scheme. Here's the Guild Ball web store team image
http://store.guildball.com/images/category-headers/alchemists.jpg

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

OATH COMPLETE!

Basing is still not part of the oath unless explicitly stated, right? I don't have the basing materials and won't be able to pick any up before the end of month, and I prefer to base my stuff en masse anyway.

Achievements Claimed:
May Technical Challenge: Dragons (it's a Dragon battlemech)
Se7enth Heaven

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Drone posted:

Achievements Claimed:
May Technical Challenge: Dragons (it's a Dragon battlemech)
I saw what you did there.

Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food.
Ok so I've really wanted to do this for a long time and oathed something a few months ago and never even started it and because of life haven't painted in months. Sooo I have an absolutely huge lot of figs to paint for a friend and am overwhelmed so in the spirit of eating elephants I figured I'll try to add some incentive. I know it's at the very end of the month but maybe this will put some pressure on me to get poo poo done. Without further adieu:

I Shachi hereby oath not one but TWO full units of Convergence of Cyriss Obstructors (20 models Warmachine)

I'm really probably biting off more than I can chew but I've got a 4 day weekend coming up and waddaya know I got like 4 days to do it. The colored bits on the bases are cut up credit cards as basing props. Otherwise they are totally unprimed.

Shachi fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 1, 2016

LewdMonocle
Mar 8, 2007
/\ Prime silver, ink wash, pick out details, done. /\

Slimnoid posted:

That's some drat fine trolls, dude.

Thanks mang!

Echoing what others have said about w&n series7 brushes. It really helps having a high qt brush put paint exactly where you want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I won't be able to finish my oath for this month, unfortunately. Uni has been kicking my arse something awful. Thankfully it's over in a couple of weeks, so bring on June. :toot:

• Locked thread