Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
May-hem question: the biggest currently-released models in my game of choice are giant robots. You're looking at something like this. Those are on 55mm bases, and they're around twice as tall as the average human-sized figure. Fair game or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I wasn't around for the early oath threads. What goes into producing these avatars?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I always did wonder about the specifics.

I can probably contribute some drawing time, then. That all sounds pretty cool. Drawing creepy dongs for this forum has paid dividends in the past, and nekkid chaos dwarfs are probably a step up in the world.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Grey Hunter posted:

PVA doesn't produce fumes....

Not with that kind of lazy attitude. You can make anything psychoactive if you want it enough. Why, my great grandfather huffed pine resin and rusty nails, back in the day, and this copier toner has given me only a few extra lymphoblasts, tops.

Actual content: how much lead time do we need between posting a properly time-stamped image from a few days ago and a complete oath?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I, grassy gnoll, oath four Infinity 28mm minis - one Nomad Hellcat, one Nomad Zondcat, and two PanO Akalis.

And Oath Complete!

Gonna try and claim the May Theme Challenge, as these are all drop troop models

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

krushgroove posted:

2. Are there any takers on OATHKEEPER avatars from anyone in the thread? I'm looking at you, SRM, PierretheMime, grassy gnoll, moths and thousandcranes? Post about this a while back, basically the idea is to give a avatar to one person every month who completes their Oath, so I only need 12 avatars.

I am still down to draw square dwarf buttocks for the champions of this thread.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Hey krushgroove, I sent you a PM about the avatar stuff.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I, grassy gnoll, oath one US Ariadna Devil Dog Team, for Corvus Belli's Infinity (28mm scale, although this is a 40mm model, I think)

This picture is old and my oath is actually done, but I gotta wait for my real camera to charge up. So here's this in the interim.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath one US Ariadna Devil Dog Team, for Corvus Belli's Infinity (28mm scale, although this is a 40mm model, I think)

This picture is old and my oath is actually done, but I gotta wait for my real camera to charge up. So here's this in the interim.

Oath Complete!

MARPAT turned out pretty decent, but I needed to push the werewolf's color harder. Kinda blends in with the pants as is. Oh well, I'll unfuck it later.

Claiming July Theme Challenge, because this guy and his pet are straight up space US Marines, up to and including using the anchor and globe on their unit logo.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Neat, I won a thing. Thanks to Hobo and my homeslice random.org.

Now I've gotta figure out what I'm going to paint some sick flames on for this month.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I, grassy gnoll, oath one Zond (40mm), four USAriadna Grunts, and one USAriadna Marauder, all by Corvus Belli.

I'm going for It's a Rescue with the Marauder. I was slammed last month and tried to do a last-minute oath, only to realize I didn't take a before picture, so it wasn't valid for being an oath. If this isn't valid for a rescue, lemme know and I'll cut him out.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Hey, hey guys?

gently caress painting yellow.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath one Zond (40mm), four USAriadna Grunts, and one USAriadna Marauder, all by Corvus Belli.

I'm going for It's a Rescue with the Marauder. I was slammed last month and tried to do a last-minute oath, only to realize I didn't take a before picture, so it wasn't valid for being an oath. If this isn't valid for a rescue, lemme know and I'll cut him out.

Oath Complete!

Claiming the September Technical Challenge, Squad Goals, and It's a Rescue.

The Grunt 4-pack is a squad, and the Marauder is my rescue.

Man, gently caress yellow. And gently caress taking pictures outside this time of year, it's even brighter than it was during the summer.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Having conquered Inktober this year, I, grassy gnoll, oath these four Uberfallcommando (28mm by Corvus Belli) for October.

We'll find out shortly how bad an idea this was!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

Having conquered Inktober this year, I, grassy gnoll, oath these four Uberfallcommando (28mm by Corvus Belli) for October.

We'll find out shortly how bad an idea this was!

Oath Complete

Claiming Theme Challenge, for painting the scariest monsters of all, furries.

I like that goat dude. The rest of these are in desperate need of a resculpt.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Question regarding the theme challenge: if we paint what is obviously a skull on a miniature, but it isn't a human skull on a human figure, does that qualify? Or does it have to be full-on Day of the Dead?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I have also been waiting to hear from krush for several months. Not a complaint, just a status report.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I, grassy gnoll, am dumb enough to oath these two 25mm Infinity Nomad Intruders with two days left in the month of November

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, am dumb enough to oath these two 25mm Infinity Nomad Intruders with two days left in the month of November

Oath Complete!

Claiming Theme challenge: paint a skull

The skull looks a little less mutated in person. I really have to get a better camera.

I ended up completing my oath within 24 hours and 11 minutes on a work day. Any chance I can get a mulligan for Speed Painting?

Bonus non-oath shot to compare the color of the Intruders to my regular Nomads, both painted up from black.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I, grassy gnoll, oath one Nomad Mobile Brigada by Corvus Belli, 25mm, for the month of December, because it's been hells of busy lately.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath one Nomad Mobile Brigada by Corvus Belli, 25mm, for the month of December, because it's been hells of busy lately.

Oath complete!

Absolutely claiming speed painting and December technical

In the proper spirit of Infinity, gotta make dat rear end as defined as possible.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I, grassy gnoll, oath this Pan Oceania Nisse HMG, 25mm from Corvus Belli

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

Oath Addition!

One Joan 2.0, Corvus Belli, 25mm scale.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

grassy gnoll posted:

Oath Addition!

One Joan 2.0, Corvus Belli, 25mm scale.

Oath complete! Even if it kinda sucks. Claiming technical challenge for the big dumb white coat.

(This is the most flattering angle I got here - she looks like Trump head-on)

I need more face practice, and I am continually vexed by the fact I can get a nice red gradation coming off black primer, but my blues all look the goddamn same no matter how many glazes I put on them.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Hey Zark, how liberally can we interpret next month's theme challenge? 'cause I've been wanting to paint some of my dudes like Metal Gear Solid characters, and that's a game that desperately wants to be like a movie :v:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I, grassy gnoll, oath Margot and Duroc (28mm, Corvus Belli) and these 3D printed scenery elements for February.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath Margot and Duroc (28mm, Corvus Belli) and these 3D printed scenery elements for February.

Oath complete!

Claiming Theme (Margot and Duroc as the Boss and Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3, the game that wants to be a movie), I rolled a 6! (objective markers and some jersey barriers).

I'm pretty happy with werewolf-Snake. He's even got one goggle blacked out! But white-and-silver just doesn't have any contrast to it. Margot is basically one big regretful moment.

3D printing concrete blocks gives really good results, especially the texture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Red Shoe posted:

Oath complete!

drat, son, those TAGs.

Is your bike bounty hunter on a commercial base or a custom thing, and if it's the former, where can I find one?

• Locked thread