Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

enri posted:

Likewise, I'm back in too :cool::hf::v:

...now I just need to find something I want to paint for this month :/

Nice to see some other veteran oathers coming back. I'll going to make an oath too, I just need to check if I can find a dragon or a monster or something in my closet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Grey Hunter posted:

I Grey Hunter, Oath for this first month of the new thread - "Goonville" - a 3mm Scale village made up of 10 interchangeable sections, and 96 6mm WWI German Soldiers (who are about to occupy it.) by Baccaus Minitures.

The village is going to be an interesting one to do, as I'm most likely going to be using wall paint for most of it.

Now I want a "goon lair" all-year terrain contest.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Grey Hunter posted:

Yeah, something for the terrain nuts among us would be good. I know I've made a whole bunch of stuff I need to post into the Terrain thread at some point - but this is a nice resin set, so I thought it fitted in here.

I remember that I made a custom terrain piece as a prize once, would people be interested in something like that?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

I came home today and found a note that there was a package waiting at the post office. And indeed, I got to pick up this nifty KR multicase bag:

That's how cool and nice the KR guys are, I had completely forgotten the KR competition in last oath thread. Major kudos, this is perfect for my new Viking skirmish force!

Now, I'm all about paying it forward. So, I'll be throwing my hat in for Garm's awesome terrain month:

My hobby side-project, Mura Miniatures, will also add prize support to the July terrain bonanza. If you don't win Garm's prize, you'll get a chance at a runner-up prize:

A gift voucher for your online hobby store of choice, at the value of 20 USD

or

A custom made piece of terrain, made by myself, in whatever scale and theme you want

Note that I'm not really a sci-fi gamer, so I have limited experience with making sci-fi stuff, but I'll give it a shot if you want. :) The rules for qualifying are exactly the same, except that the first prize winner is not eligible for the runner-up draw.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

I, lilljonas, oath to paint the following in May:

- 15 Vicious Vikings, some of them converted into ghost Vikings (28mm, Gripping Beast),
- 1 Terrifying Troll (28mm, Reaper Bones), and
- 1 Fiendish Frogman, converted into a Fiendish Viking Frogman (28mm, Reaper Bones)

I'll see I can find a suitably big monster or dragon later.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

The fun thing was that the original oath threads were purely about threats: no prizes or such for finishing your stuff, but oathbreakers ran a varying risk of getting an awesome/embarrassing avatar. And you wouldn't know what it'd be before you got it. But it'd be likely to include naked dwarfs.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

oath complete

Technical theme (?) is the fantasy troll.
I was about to miss it this month, since I had to do a bunch of overtime work at the office. So tonight I arrived at home, slapped on the last washes to make them passable for a test game on Friday, took a bad picture, and now it's off to bed. NEXT MONTH! Next month I'll finish them in time dammit! :P

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

goodness posted:

What are some websites to check out "heroic scale" miniatures? The malifaux one has some good options but I don't know any others. (US shipping if that matters)

I actually use google image search when I look for miniatures, and try out various search terms. Just fiddle around, testing with 28mm and 32mm if you are looking for "heroic scale".

Just the other week I found some cool vikings from a Russian company this way, that I didn't know about.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

I, lilljonas, oath 8 French Napoleonic Line Infantrymen

28mm, Perry Miniatures. These are test minis, before I decide on paints for the whole unit. They look weird as they are mounted on nails, to hold while painting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Oath complete

Or as close as I get, since the bases I ordered for them have not arrived yet.

Anyways, I promised to add to the prize support for the July terrain competition, so let's see who the fickle gods of random.org deem worthy. Counting the list Germ posted, I get....

Grey Hunter!

You are the lucky winner of a gift certificate of choice to a value of 20 USD, or a custom made terrain piece of choice (within reason). I'm just warning you that I'll be a bit more busy this autumn that I expected when I offered this prize, so it might take a little while depending on the terrain piece. Congratulations!

• Locked thread