Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takuan
May 6, 2007

I, Takuan, hereby solemnly oath for the month of July, this charming gadabout
Copycat Killer, from Malifaux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Oath Complete

It doesn't photograph well, but it's good enough in person, at a tabletop distance.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I, Takuan, hearby do solemnly pledge to paint this dumb anime egg plane thing by Hasegawa for the month of July.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Oath Complete!

Claiming Box Art

Edit because I don't know what rules is:

Takuan fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 28, 2016

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I, Takuan, Do Hearby Solemnly Oath for August 4 Goblinses and Mind Eater by Reaper

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Claiming Speed Paint on the Mind Eater.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post this to claim the achievement now, or when I finish the rest of the oath, or both.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Oath Complete

Claming Speed Painting on the Mind Eater

Claiming #SquadGoals and Theme Challenge for August

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I Takuan oath for September Mr Bones, and a Mousline Samurai and Sorcerer from Reaper

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Oath Complete

Takuan
May 6, 2007

In October, my house was flooded with 2 feet of water. I haven't had the time, temperament, or space to paint since then. But now, I'm back in my own home and I got Descent for Christmas.
I, Takuan, Oath for January 8 Descent heroes

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Oath Addition
Jehenna and Sir Coric from Reaper
[tho I'm gonna use them for Lieutenants for Descent]

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Takuan posted:

In October, my house was flooded with 2 feet of water. I haven't had the time, temperament, or space to paint since then. But now, I'm back in my own home and I got Descent for Christmas.
I, Takuan, Oath for January 8 Descent heroes

Takuan posted:

Oath Addition
Jehenna and Sir Coric from Reaper
[tho I'm gonna use them for Lieutenants for Descent]

Oath Complete!

I might take better photos once I get over this cold and put together a new lightbox. Seriously thinking about getting one of those new miniature mats I've seen folks using. Using this MT:G playmat as a test.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I thought I posted this 2 weeks ago, but didn't, so I don't know if it's still valid.
I, Takuan, Oath to paint for the month of February Tiviel, Hellborn Rogue; Mangu Timur; Erin of the Flame; by Reaper Miniatures

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Oath Complete!

I wasn't thinking about it when I was painting, but might the figure on the left qualify for the technical challenge for February? Maybe?
I also desperately need to rebuild a photo-taking apparatus.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I, Takuan, Oath For March- 4 Fleshmoulders and 2 Elementals from Fantasy Flight Games

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Oath Addition!

I, Takuan, additionally oath for March 4 Bhargests from Fantasy Flight Miniatures

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Oath Complete

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I Takuan oath for April 1 Merriod, 2 Ettins, and 2 Shadow Dragons from Fantasy Flight Games

Takuan
May 6, 2007

My wife really, really wants to paint one of the figures I oathed for this month, but there'd be no way she could finish it by the end of the month with her work schedule. Is there a way to amend my oath, or do I just gotta take the loss for the month?

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Zark the Damned posted:

It's the last month, I'll allow this. Which model are you dropping?

One of the two shadow dragons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Oath Complete

This dragon was painted with Black 2.0, allegedly the blackest, mattest paint available. Not as good as it was hyped up to be, but still blacker and more matte than normal model paint.

One For All

This thread has done wonders for my motivation and productivity. This is by far the most I've painted in any given year. It's even more impressive(to me), considering my house was uninhabitable for three months.

• Locked thread