Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Oathing a Culexus Assassin:

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint in the rest of June

1 Karnedge Gorefathom, Karkarion Boss by Reaper Minis (25mm)

Ugleb posted:

Unusually late in the month to be oathing for me but here goes.

I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of June, Mercs Set 1 for the Batman Miniature Game, 32mm scale by Knight Models.

Floppychop posted:

I, Floppychop, Oath to assemble and paint 10 Gretchin and one Runtherd, by Games Workshop.

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of June, the four starting survivors from the Kingdom Death: Monster boardgame

Radio Free Walrus posted:

I, Radio Free Walrus, Oath for the month of June two undead Ogre/Troll monsters from the Mantic: Dungeon Saga Boardgame
I cannot read the actual date on the photo, and putting the image URL in the browser doesn't help, but I'll let this slide this time!

moths posted:

OATH ADDITION! I additionally oath these 20x GW Dark Elf shields (1999 version)

head58 posted:

Oath Addition

Joining the Tubb Club, I, head58, additionally oath Dominar Rasheth (50mm Privateer Press Hordes model) for June! Should be good for the June theme. He gets to relax even if the baby elephants carrying him around do not.

Scowny posted:

I, Scowny, oath in addition, this 28/30mm Scibor Barbarian (the website can't decide what scale it is apparently)

BobFish posted:

Oh, well this is embarrassing. I have come to claim oath complete but it appears I never posted the oath, just took pictures.

Iceclaw posted:

I... err, just want to warn that I'm probably going to let my Oath lapse. I just got dumped, among other really awful crap, and I don't think I'll be in the mood for painting. Not a guarantee though.
That sucks! If you haven't been out drinking all this time, painting and modeling is pretty therapeutic if you can get into the mindset.

nesbit37 posted:

oath addition! one Zara the slayer.

Ledgem posted:

I, Ledgem, hereby Oath for the month of June, two Reaper Bones monsters; a Naga and a Drider!

wdarkk posted:

Meant to put this up earlier.
I, wdarkk, Oath two Dropzone Commander PHR Helios skimmers for the month of June (10mm, Resin).
Just a reminder, this needs to be American Samoa (not a biggie really, but if you were cutting it fine it could matter) - no worries though!

jodai posted:

I,jodai, do oath: 2 bloodwretches, a Scion of Black Blood and Angel Eyes, all Wyrd 32 mm figures.

INinja132 posted:

I, INinja132, oath to paint these 11 bases of Early War German Infantry from Baccus, for a total of 44 6mm models

jubelio posted:

I, Jubelio, oath to paint this Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord

also going for the 24 hour speed paint and relaxed pose theme

ZachAttack posted:

Oh poo poo, month almost over.

I, ZachAttack, do oath to paint two(2) UCM Condors (Hawkwargames/Dropzone Commander/10mm) in what remains of this month July.

Dimo ArKacho posted:

I, Dimo ArKacho, oath to complete this Emperor's Royal Guard with my 12 hours of remaining daylight. 28mm from Fantasy Flight.

Edit: Added my name to the picture
FYI, you don't need to add your name to your Oath picture (the one with the timestamp) - just to your Oath Complete picture, and that's only if you want points! :)

The Impaler posted:

I, The Impaler, cheekily oath with under a day to go- a 28mm GW Grot

Time to knock out a test scheme for next month while I try and finish up the 20 or so other models in various painted stages on my desk.

Dimo ArKacho posted:

I, Dimo ArKacho, oath to complete this HK Assassin before my 10 hours are up. As before, 28mm Fantasy Flight.
Just a reminder, this needs to be American Samoa (not a biggie really, but if you were cutting it fine it could matter) - no worries though!

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Crap. Thought there was one more day.

[b]Oath addition
of Ilva the Siren from Wrath of Kings, CMON 28mm:
Now THIS is cutting it close!

According to this link from Deanut Pancer, there's less than 2 hours remaining! Get Oathin'! (or better yet, get painting!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
OK, so announcement post!

Unfortunately I was too busy this morning and forgot to bring one of my Zombicide models, a brush and a few paints with me to work, so I'm too late to Oath anything - lucky for all of us there will be an AMNESTY MONTH later in the year, to let you fill in an Oath month you missed! To be announced...but it'll be October, which is my birth month (so hopefully I don't forget). It's roughly halfway through the competition so it shouldn't affect points totals too much, I thought of maybe having one late in the Oath Season (like March or April) but I think that would skew things too much again.

FOR EVERYONE THAT'S WON A PRIZE DRAWING I have many many of you to get to, if you've emailed me I have your email and will work through them from oldest to newest (which is why I request emails only, not PMs, sent to krushgroove169@gmail.com, I can search for them and you can't search for poo poo on PMs). I have TONS of stuff to send out, and even more from the season 6 Top 10 stuff, so please be patient. If you've selected something that WAS available when you looked at the grab bag (or whatever) stuff but someone claimed it before you, please don't get upset, just choose something else or I can send you a clutch of Springer-Pinsel brushes as a replacement.

THE NEXT THEMED OATH MONTH will be in AUGUST, sponsored by KR MULTICASE (soft foam for figures, hard cases for soft foam)! This will be a similar thing as last year's competition, basically you paint something on your KR card case, carry bag, backpack, fabric case or whatever! So prepare for that. This time there will just be a single winner to get a cool prize from KR, so get your designs ready!

Also I want to give a HUGE THANKS to ZARK THE DAMED and ELECTRIC HOBO for doing the spreadsheet and prize draws - I'm crazy busy in the summer with a lot of out-of-town work so as you can see I can fall behind on things, and their help helps me keep on top of things :unsmith:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: July: Life's a beach! :siren:
technical challenge: use water effects of some type on your base, so that your model looks like it's just stepped out of the water - or it's just about to go in the water!

theme challenge: paint a model that is in some way related to water - it could be a mermaid, navy SEAL, fish, sharkman, boat, whatever you like!

Thanks to goon moths and his wife for the awesome art piece!

The monthly countdown clock is here thanks to goon Deanut Pancer - you can quickly see how much time is left for your Oath Complete picture to be posted!

Questions about this month's Challenges will be copy/pasted here!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

The Impaler posted:

I thought I had it on American Samoa (I used the link in the first post)!

You were fine, as Zark said I was talking to 2 other goons (Iceclaw and Radio Free Walrus). But when I'm so far behind approving Oaths I'm not as strict as normal anyway.

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint in July

1 Kraken by Reaper (25mm)

readysetgo

Luebbi posted:

I, Luebbi, oath for July

one 5-man unit of Privateer Press Gatorman Posse

Oaths Accepted!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Electric Hobo posted:

For July, I, Electric Hobo, oath 6 boats and the Sea Serpent. Still from Blood Rage by CMoN.
The boats look like a circus, but that's just the colored plastic showing through the white primer.

Grey Hunter posted:

MAXIMUM EFFORT MONTH!!

I Grey Hunter oath the following -

35 Praetorian Snipers (10mm Hawk Wargames)
48 Vietnam era US Soldiers + 8 casualties & 40 Viet Cong Solders + 8 casualties. 8 Supply markers (112 models total - Peter Pig, 15mm)

PLUS!
1 Huey Frog, (Battlefront, 15mm)
6 Huey Pencil Sharpeners (Unknown manufacturer, almost 15mm)
Finally, 1 Oasis Palms Hotel complex -(3 buildings in 10mm by Dark Ops)

Uroboros posted:

I, Uroboros, oath one Drop Pod and Chief Librarian Tigurius.

tallkidwithglasses posted:

I, tallkidwithglasses, oath to turn this spackle and water effects and tiny bridges into a tabletops worth of 6mm scale streams and rivers

JerryLee posted:

For starters I, JerryLee, oath to paint this ruined tower base by Reaper

You may be able to see a few traces of paint from a paint test that I wasn't able to strip/scrape off. I'll be painting over these.

Dimo ArKacho posted:

I, Dimo ArKacho, oath to paint these 11 Stormtroopers and 1 Kayn Somos Stormtrooper Officer dude. 28mm Fantasy Flight.

Korwen posted:

I, Korwen, oath to paint this Protectorate of Menoth Mk3 Battle Box (With Malekus, a Repenter, a Revenger, and a Castigator) and a Protectorate of Menoth Guardian, all 30mm Privateer Press

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath this Fu-Leng Devourer, from Wrath of Kings by CMON for July

'Tis merely the calm before the dwarves...

Iceclaw posted:

I, Iceclaw, Oath to the Great Motherland to build and paint this Mk3 Khador Battlebox, and this Iron Fang Pikemen with Unit attachment, all from Privateer Press!

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, oath the following for July 2016:

One Temple of Skulls (GW)
The contents of the Worldsmith Industries Kickstarter (minus Objectives which I already painted in Season 5), which includes:
3 sets of walls: Stone, Reinforced & Crumbling
1 set of Barrels and Crates
2 Swamps: Large & Small
2 Lakes: Large & Small
4 Area Terrain Bases: Size 3, 4, 5a and 5b
1 set of Gravestones
29 Area Terrain 'Inserts': 5 Large Rocky Outcroppings, 5 Crystal Outcroppings, 7 Tree Stumps (Actual Trees may or may not be added), 3 Landmines, 6 Rocky Slabs, 3 Plain (I may or may not add stuff to these later)

I hope the pics are OK, it was a pain taking them! The full sized ones on Imgur should show the date but if not I took a close up.

Likely more to come once I get this lot done!

thespaceinvader posted:

I thespaceinvader do hereby oath this converted TIE Bomber Shuttle from Fantasy Flight Games in 1:270 scale

No jurnal for me this month unless 'gently caress you it's a space boat' counts?

LewdMonocle posted:

I LewdMonocle oath Nomad Tomcats unit box for Infinity (4ish dudes 28mm)and Shroud Mages 10 boats (2mm?) by Spartan Games.

Why do I still have Uncharted Seas stuff?

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath these four terrain bits that will somehow magically become water/acid pools (one test model already in progress)

And also these Venator Reivers with command attachment (12 models) and Makeda3 with her Exalted Court (3 models) all 30mm stuff from Privateer Press

Probably more to come later in the month. I need to get so much done before Templecon at the end of August.

Bucnasti posted:

I bucnasti oath these five reaper bones bugbears and this reaper bones totally radical shark-man-thing.

Endman posted:

I, Endman, oath to paint these five Cadian Shock Troopers from Games Workshop:

JackMack posted:

I, JackMack Oath "The Time Traveller", a promotional miniature for the Pantheon of Chaos Kickstarter.

It's not the best angle, but I am going to go for box art by painting according to the album cover. If you don't know what album, consider this a cunning puzzle.

NTRabbit posted:

Oh right, Germ's special terrain comp this month :buddy: I completely forgot! In that case

OATH ADDITION

1 Large Drill Platform by Underground Lasers (28mm)

counterspin posted:

I, counterspin, oath Midas, a Battle Boar, a Road Hog, and a Boneswar

Ugleb posted:

Here we go for the well timed terrain month, as I probably have a table's worth of stuff to get through! I'll be starting with my big piece and will hopefully get through to adding some more bits later in the month!

I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of July:

1x Harmonic Theatre, 1x Roof-top Access and 1x Subway Entrance, 28mm scale by Knights of Dice.
2x Victorian Gateway and 12x Victorian Fence, 28mm scale by Blotz.

Takuan posted:

I, Takuan, hereby solemnly oath for the month of July, this charming gadabout
Copycat Killer, from Malifaux

counterspin posted:

Speed painting

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath the following: Lokhir Fellheart (GW) and a ton of terrain by THMiniatures: 2 small fences, angle fence, piles & barrels, piles & rocks, fence with entry, large fence, fence for artillery, 2 stakes, loads of logs. Also a bunch of cardboard to build hills out of.

enri posted:

I, enri, hereby oath to paint... 1 Warmachine Cygnar Lancer, 10 stands of 6mm evil robot not-necrons and 2 pieces of ruined terrain (the colour on which is textured paint, which has since been undercoated - any issues with these, let me know and I'll show a progress pic)

I definitely need to add something later in the month, I've got nothing I can do this month's challenge with at the moment.

Galaspar posted:

For July I, Galaspar, oath five Grave Warden Terminators by Forge World

Scowny posted:

I, Scowny, hereby Oath to paint this GW Crashed Aquila Lander and 6 Urban Barricades (28mm)
Only had the things for what, 10 years? About time they got painted.

Nichol posted:

I Nichol hereby oath for the month of July to paint this modular 4x6 table and associated foam los blocking terrain I made.

cyberia posted:

I, cyberia, hereby oath for the month of July to paint one Danor, human wizard, mini from Mantic and one Natasha, comms operator, mini from Raging Heroes

Electric Hobo posted:

I speed painted. Actual photos will come when everything else is done.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint for the month of July (clockwise, starting top left): (2) sets of broken tower/staircase terrain from the Dragons Don't Share kit; (1) Ophidian Gateway; (1) Arcane Ruins; and (1) Garden of Morr!

All 28mm; the two broken tower sets are Reaper Bonesium, everything else is Games Workshop. Nothing primed yet, although some of the pieces are covered in liquid greenstuff and filing marks (that's a greenstuff join on the topmost tower piece).

Red Shoe posted:

For July I oath: A Battle Boar, a Splatter Boar, 6 Morats, and 16 Damaged Urban tiles!
The boars are Privateer Press, Morats are Corvus Belli, and the tiles are from Secret Weapon miniatures.

Hopefully this photo works, I was hard pressed to fit both the oath contents and the timestamp in the same shot.

LordAba posted:

I, LordAba, oath 3 tyrannofex from Games Workshop and 3 tyranid terrain pieces from Forgeworld

Okay, one of the tyrannofex is started already but I don't care. I still have to get it done anyways.

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, do oath this The Swamp Hag box set from Wyrd's Malifaux line. Left to right is Zoraida, Voodoo Doll, Bad Juju, and three Silurid.

Oaths Accepted!

Business Gorillas posted:

just as a head's up, there's no explanation as to how i do save da whales in the op
Sorry about that, I've been meaning to copy over the info from Season 6 but it's basically the same as in the last few years - post that you are Saving Da Whales and include a picture of your failed Oath. Only Oaths from season 7 can be saved, though!

Pyrolocutus posted:

For the challenge, can we paint the water or does it need to be one of those water effects? Also, would a crack at swampwater be acceptable, or does it need to be brighter, happier water?
Using the phrase 'water effects' was a poor choice, really, as that's a brand name of Vallejo's clear resin type material. Painting water is fine, but it has to be WATER: the edge of a beach, a flowing gutter or something like that is fine, there needs to be some sort of wavy water-like surface. Although if somone wants to paint a cartoon-like watery surface of something emerging from water (like blue or white 'water' dripping or flowing off a leg or something) that's fine too. It doesn't have to actual clear resin or water model effects. And it can be a swamp, river, pond, well, whatever.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Hello Oathers!

I...have been super busy since the start of July, so massive, huge apologies for not popping in sooner. To explain very briefly, July had 5 weekends, and I was away on multi-day work weekends for 3 of those weekends - and I'm away *again* for an even longer weekend next week. And again later this month and a couple more times in October. No rest for the wicked!

The result was that for most of July there were Oaths that didn't get approved, questions that weren't answered and I'm sure a few of you good folks were wondering what was going on. But I see lots of people still Oathin' and paintin' like the good people you all are, so you're still chugging along!

So there will be a hopefully welcome change - Zark the Damned will expand his spreadsheet-keeping duties and take on the role of approving Oaths! This includes basically just making sure the Oaths are OK, have the time stamp, correct number of colors and all that, and then adding that straight into the spreadsheet. That should speed things along and keep anyone new from wondering if it's OK to start painting.

That still leaves things like prizes to be sent out, which is all down to me, as I physically have most of the prizes that need to get sent out, and I need to contact the sponsors for season 6 to make sure they're going to hold up their promise to send out sweet gamer swag. So when I return and have time at home I'll be packing up more stuff and taking it to the post office to a) get piles of stuff out of my house! and b) get piles of stuff out to you guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NTRabbit posted:

Oh no no no, you're not done yet Zark, you still need to go back and approve all the July oaths as well :colbert:

:v:

:)

I'm happy to give everyone is pass on July, but if anyone wants, I'll go through every July post as pennance!

• Locked thread