Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I, Ilor, do oath this scratch-built supply junk for the month of March!

The boxes are wooden cubes and coffee stirrers. The barrels are 9/16" plastic rod, paper, and wire. The tires are laser-cut MDF, but I'm claiming scratch-build for them too because I designed and cut them myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Oath complete!

I'm claiming the Technical Challenge fore these because they're complete scratch-builds! The barrels are made from paper!

I'm also claiming the "I rolled a 6!" achievement, as these are Jump-Off Point (i.e. deployment) markers for Chain of Command.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I, Ilor, do oath this WHFB Empire Standard Bearer (I think?) in 28mm from Games Workshop!

I think this is the oldest unfinished mini that I own. It doesn't have a copyright date on the tab, but it's from the old Marauder line, so mid 1980s?. The cat-chewed 20mm square slotta base to which he was semi- attached says copyright GW 1984, so this checks out. I vaguely remember buying him at the time because I thought his poofy pants and sleeves look cool and would be fun to paint. He has lived in the bottom of one of my minis boxes for the last 30 years or so.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Oath complete!

This dude is old-school. "gently caress this Sigmar stuff. For Karl-Franz and the Empire!!!"

Given that this was the oldest unpainted mini I owned, and that I did, in fact, paint his old-school 20mm square slotta-base Goblin Green, I am claiming both the theme and the technical challenges for this month.

I also took some time to clean up and organize my painting space, so I'm claiming the Spring Cleaning achievement. before:

after:

It's amazing how much more enthusiastic I am about painting now that I have a neater, more organized space in which to do it. And how much easier it is now that I don't have a ton of poo poo in my way all the time.

And finally, to close out the season, here's my All For One! photo:

A better (?) look:

Not all of that stuff was Oathed (I did a second squad of American GIs and a German Panzer II), but it's all stuff I've painted since starting the last season in May of last year.

I have to say that this was a fun process. I learned a ton of stuff this year, and the technical and theme challenges definitely pushed me out of my comfort zone when it came to painting stuff. But I've attempted stuff in the last year that I would never have tried previously, so that's been cool. And I got a ton of poo poo done!

I'm looking forward to next season!

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Can you post a link to the final spreadsheet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
My money's always on Nyarlathotep.

• Locked thread