Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

enri posted:

Forgot to quote this in my oath post, I've emailed KG just now but realised I hadn't gotten around to emailing him re: the brushes from a previous month, I mentioned I'm happy for you to have them in my place as I'm suffering extreme brush overload, assuming you still want them :)
I certainly do! I'm stuck with some really lovely 1st gen Games and Gears brushes and whatever my sister grabs for me when she's at the nail salon. Mighty kind of you :)

Also Oath addition: 1 super spooky mummy. I forget where it's from, but it's 15mm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath addition again!
4 Ram Clan Warriors.
From Blood Rage by CMoN.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

I did the theme challenge with the mummy, and I rolled a 6! with the three tokens.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Weeeee, I'm awesome. This time I really hope the RNG loves me :)

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Then I guess we need to have an awesomeness contest to see who the RNG loves the most!

(It's still too early for me to give out my "Winner of "I won nothing"" avatar, but good hustle!)

Edit:
The random prize draws for October will most likely be late.A disk in my back slipped so I can't use a real computer (or paint :() right now. I'll get around to it at a later point.

Electric Hobo fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 3, 2016

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
The opoids are flooding my system, so I hurt, but I don't care :toot: How about some prizes!?

:siren: OCTOBER PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: YVONMUKLUK!

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: HEADLOR!

And now the GRAB BAG prize!
The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: ILOR!

We have albums going for both the US-based and the UK/EU-based prize pots! So here's who you will contact for your choice of prize:
If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live in the UK or Europe, you are choosing from Krushgroove's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live anywhere else, you may choose from either prize pot.

:siren:2. QUARTERLY PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT laptop work tray is: YEAST!

To CLAIM your prizes: The default method to claim any prize you may get is to EMAIL krushgroove at krushgroove169 at gmail.com. Please put 'Oath Thread Prize for (your username)' as the subject of your email. In the body of the email, provide your real name, postal address and prize choices. Finally, please see the Postage Costs section immediately below.

If you're happy to wait for your loot you can help save on postage costs by waiting for your prizes until the end of the Oath Season (May 2017). This is entirely optional but does help save a LOT of money. You can also donate towards krushgroove's postage costs, contact him at the email above - MDF gets pretty heavy!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
I miss painting so here's my weakest oath ever.
For November, I, Electric Hobo, oath to paint 1 Stone Golem. By Reaper.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Zark the Damned posted:

I'm just in charge of approving the Oaths, updating the spreadsheet and putting together the judging galleries (reminds me, need to crack on with the July one...).
It's pretty sad about the paywall. Hopefully it goes down again soon.

By the way, are you the guy who sends the galleries to the judges too?

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Zark the Damned posted:

Yup, I've sent the first couple by PM but had no replies yet so not sure if they've been read yet.
Makes sense. It just felt like a long time without any judging.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

NTRabbit posted:

A ball of polyester fibre, and 10 Tea Lights
This sounds interesting. Is it going to be explosion markers or something else?

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

NTRabbit posted:

Yep, they're flickering tea lights that I removed the pretend candle bit from the top of, because leaving it on would have made them slightly too big to put on 'destroyed' 15mm tanks. They'll work at 28m too of course. I have 12, but two of them were busted in the packets, the switches won't turn off, so leaving them for another day.
Cool, I look forward to the end result :)

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
This was hard enough so I doubt I'll work up the will to paint anything else this month.
So oath complete!

A golem stands by the road, not far from town, waiting for a master that may never return.
It turns it's head and stares at any traveler that pass by, as if measuring them by some unknown standard, then returns to it's resting position and ignores the world.
It's an ancient thing that has been there for as long as anyone can remember, no one dares approach it, save for the few foolhardy thieves that wish to steal its emerald eyes.
Their mangled corpses are carried away the next morning, as the golem looks at the frightened townsfolk with curiosity. Then, for a while, people take another road, and the golem just stands there.

I did the technical challenge with the leaves on the base, and went for backstory with that little stupid story.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Chance II posted:

I declare this November oat done or whatever

The technical challenge is the skull with bonus runes on the horse. Idk screw this month.

I made the image downloader I wrote for Zark ignore all gifs, to skip smilies, since no-one uses that format. Now I'll have to fix that :toot:
I'm a lazy programmer, but I really shouldn't be when it comes to goons. You guys keep defying my expectations.
It's an easy fix so no problem.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
For December, I, Electric Hobo, oath 4 Ram Clan warriors and a wraith. From CMoN and Northstar.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:siren: NOVEMBER PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: CHANCE II!

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: WDARKK!

The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: FLIPSWITCH!

We have albums going for both the US-based and the UK/EU-based prize pots! So here's who you will contact for your choice of prize:
If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live in the UK or Europe, you are choosing from Krushgroove's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!

To CLAIM your prizes: The default method to claim any prize you may get is to EMAIL krushgroove at krushgroove169 at gmail.com. Please put 'Oath Thread Prize for (your username)' as the subject of your email. In the body of the email, provide your real name, postal address and prize choices. Finally, please see the Postage Costs section immediately below.

If you're happy to wait for your loot you can help save on postage costs by waiting for your prizes until the end of the Oath Season (May 2017). This is entirely optional but does help save a LOT of money. You can also donate towards krushgroove's postage costs, contact him at the email above - MDF gets pretty heavy!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

I did the technical challenge on the wraith.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

2 points - Electric Hobo

Blue shading on white is a natural thing to try for cold miniatures, but it's tricky to pull off well in practice. I love this guy, he's reasonably clean, registers white and cold, and really pops. shading on the metallics is great, and the individually painted fur strands lends to a painterly quality.
Thanks! I had to look up what painterly means, so now I know a good word to throw around when I pretend to know about art.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
For January, I, Electric Hobo, oath to paint: 1 referee, Dezra the Vile, 2 ram clan mystics and the ram clan leader. By Mantic, FFG and CMoN.

Dezra is a rescue. Something went wrong with the primer on a bunch of my Descent stuff, so it's incredibly hydrophobic AND I can't strip it with soap or alcohol. They are all loving horrible to paint so they've been laying around for years with paintjobs at various states.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:siren: DECEMBER PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: LORD HYPNOSTACHE!

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is:
wdarkk, but he won last month, so lets reroll!
Pash won a few months ago, so we reroll again!
RED SHOE! is our real winner.

The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: FLOPPYCHOP!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Indolent Bastard posted:

Lies, all lies. There are no prizes, just oaths.

I say that light heartedly, but we haven't even finished giving out last seasons prizes, and this season is wrapping up soon.
I don't know, you did kind of win that avatar last season.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Indolent Bastard posted:

Where do we check the galleries? If KG is away this posts don't get updated.
Zark posts them when he makes them, so just look through his posts.

Edit: I dug out the link https://m.imgur.com/account/saoathgalleries/albums that was a mobile link. Use Zark's link.

Electric Hobo fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 12, 2017

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath addition!
Honour, Flint and Brick from Guild Ball by Steamforged Games.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath addition!
Harmony, Marbles and Mallet. For Guild Ball by Steamforged Games.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

I did the technical challenge on the Dreadball ref and It's a rescue! on Dezra (the woman with the cape).

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

krushgroove posted:

The Oath Thread is primarily for wargamers of all types, miniature painters and model builders/sculptors, but anyone interested in painting a small version of something is welcome to participate!

Bubblyblubber posted:

Am I allowed to participate with models I design and 3d print myself? Or just post them for tips even if I don't get points?
Go nuts!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
I, Electric Hobo, oath to paint Friday, Stave and Hooper in February. By Steamforged Games.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:siren: JANUARY PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: ELECTRIC HOBO! That's me!

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: INDOLENT BASTARD!

The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: COUNTERSPIN!

:siren: 3. QUARTERLY PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT laptop work tray is: SRM!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath addition!
3 "Alien creatures" and one sc-fi marine. 10mm from Pendraken.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath addition!
Scum for Guild Ball by Steamforged Games.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

Aliens for the theme challenge.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
I, Electric Hobo, oath to paint Spigot and Tapper in March. By Steamforged Games.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:siren: FEBRUARY PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: SRM!

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: GALASPAR!

The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: SRM!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath addition!
1 homemade token for Blood Rage.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

I did the technical challenge with the homemade Blood Rage token.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
I, Electric Hobo, oath to paint this old boy, Beorg Bearstruck, at some point in April. By GW.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:siren: MARCH PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: PYROLOCUTUS!

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: THESPACEINVADER!

The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: Counterspin, but he already won a few months ago, so we need a re-roll.
JERRYLEE! is our winner!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Cat Face Joe posted:

:orks101: January Judgement :orks101:
Second Place (2 Points): - Electric Hobo

This guy jumped right out at me. The depth on his clothes contrasted by the dull metal really caught my eye. The basing is lovely and I was worried your March oath had somehow got mixed in the January archive.
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with how the whole team turned out :)

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!
I've been busy painting other stuff not much oathing this time.

I did the technical challenge as I painted this guy by looking at these two images:

Not surprising that his colors look nothing like on the box, since the guide doesn't mix anything.

And All for one!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Red Shoe posted:

Oath complete!
Those robots are stupidly awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Well, we reached the end of the prize draws. Why did I keep doing this even after krushgroove went to the moon? It's only because he's repeatedly said that he'd be coming back "soon", and here at the end I just kept doing it so it was done in case he did.
I do hope that he shows up at some point, and the you all get your prizes, but I have no control over any of that. Just make sure to email him like it says in these posts and we'll see what happens.

:siren: 4. QUARTERLY PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT laptop work tray is: CHUTCHE2!

:siren: APRIL PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: ILOR!

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: FOOLSTER41!

First this wanted Floppychop to win again, but he can't do that, so it's a re-roll.
The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: GLITCHKRIEG!

• Locked thread