Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath to paint in May one Dwarven Battle-wren, plus base

Base is Micro-art Studio I think... the wren is from some company on amazon (designed as a garden ornament), plus copious amounts of Magic Sculp, greenstuff and some decorative bits and shields from Scibor.

Going for Monster May-hem for size (it stands nearly 10cm tall), and the theme challenge as it's decidedly fantasy, but not quite a dragon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

As it would be a shame to have a trained, armoured Dwarven Battlewren without its rider...

Oath Addition!
One Sveri Egilax, from Kings of War by Mantic (sans Badger)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

The wrens of war have been tamed and harnessed. The dwarf... not so much.

Obviously, the entire thing is strictly fantastical, for the theme challenge. I'd also like to claim monster mayhem for such a fearsome beast (the wren, I mean).

I'd also like to attempt to claim box art for the wren; (please feel free to disallow as this is a bit silly).

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I oath, for the month of June, Jaq, Kraken and Salt, from the Fishermen for Guild Ball

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Addition
8 Dwarven riflemen from Avatars of War (28mm)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

I oath, for the month of June, Jaq, Kraken and Salt, from the Fishermen for Guild Ball

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Addition
8 Dwarven riflemen from Avatars of War (28mm)

Oath Complete!

For the theme challenge, Jaq and Salt are just here, chilling.

I'd also like to claim #SquadGoals for the dwarfs, them being a squad and all. (A Troop, technically).

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath this Fu-Leng Devourer, from Wrath of Kings by CMON for July

'Tis merely the calm before the dwarves...

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Addition! 8 Berserker Brock Riders, by Mantic

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Addition! 8 Berserker Brock Riders, by Mantic

Oath Complete!

On the subject of batch painting, I've found around 8 at a time to be my limit. Conveniently this is the KoW preferred model count for infantry (plus one), so it helps to break down the painting troop-by-troop.

And I'd like to claim a cheeky theme challenge for my Fu Lung, being as it is, after all a river dragon.

(Really proud of the iridescent effect - no metallics or actual iridescent medium used).

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for the Month of August 8 dwarf Shieldbreakers by Mantic

I'm using 8-figure troops in KoW terms. Which means after this batch I only have 12 more troops to do by November... plus war machines.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

I'm using 8-figure troops in KoW terms. Which means after this batch I only have 12 more troops to do by November... plus war machines.

Oath Addition!

... 8 more Shieldbreakers. The last batch were done quickly enough I'll be claiming speed painting :-)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

LazyAngel posted:

And having done these, I realise that I never posted my Oath addition, which was the other 8 shieldbreakers, as evidently I closed the tab without posting;

Anyhow, I'd like to claim Speed Painting for the first 8, as well as #SquadGoals;

For the Theme Challenge I'd like to claim the standard bearer's pipe, although it's not hugely clear, being just an orangey-yellow dot;

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

That's weird- searching my posts didn't find them so I assumed it was just a brainfart on my end.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I LazyAngel, in a fit of probably-misplaced optimism oath 16 dwarf warriors (by MOM Miniatures, 28mm), and one 15mm school bus (by Hawk Wargames)

The dwarf shields have been primed metallic, everything else is yet to be primed.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Zark the Damned posted:

Approved!

Also LazyAngel, how did you find the MOM minis stuff for cleaning & assembly etc? I've been eyeing up some of their stuff for a while but not heard anything about them.

Not terrible. Generally mold lines are minimal, although one of the command crew looks like the mold was slightly mis-aligned. The channels for filling the mold sometimes end up between the legs of the models which makes for a bit of clean up, although it being resin it's pretty simple to do. One thing to watch is that their resin mix is a tad brittle - I've had an axe and a the banner pole snap quite easily.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Electric Hobo posted:

:siren: AUGUST PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: SCHMETTERLING!

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: LAZYANGEL!

And now the GRAB BAG prize!
The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: LAZYANGEL!

We have albums going for both the US-based and the UK/EU-based prize pots! So here's who you will contact for your choice of prize:
If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live in the UK or Europe, you are choosing from Krushgroove's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live anywhere else, you may choose from either prize pot.

To CLAIM your prizes: The default method to claim any prize you may get is to EMAIL krushgroove at krushgroove169 at gmail.com. Please put 'Oath Thread Prize for (your username)' as the subject of your email. In the body of the email, provide your real name, postal address and prize choices. Finally, please see the Postage Costs section immediately below.

If you're happy to wait for your loot you can help save on postage costs by waiting for your prizes until the end of the Oath Season (May 2017). This is entirely optional but does help save a LOT of money. You can also donate towards krushgroove's postage costs, contact him at the email above - MDF gets pretty heavy!

Mail sent, hopefully should hear back from Krushgroove about the Q4 prize I won from the last thread...

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Uroboros posted:

Does Iris of Ether still post? Tried to PM some grab bag additions but never heard back.

On a similar note, has anyone heard from Krushgroove? No reply yet to email or PMs.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

I LazyAngel, in a fit of probably-misplaced optimism oath 16 dwarf warriors (by MOM Miniatures, 28mm), and one 15mm school bus (by Hawk Wargames)

The dwarf shields have been primed metallic, everything else is yet to be primed.

:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

Came along quite quickly, especially given the fact you can cheat a bit when they're ranked up, which hides some of the mistakes. The yellow bus... well, obviously for the challenge this month I had to paint something, but hated every minute of it. Still, did make some change from an endless line of dwarves.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Zark the Damned posted:

Approved!

:siren: 25 hours til the end of September! :siren: - this is a good time to double check The Spreadsheet and make sure nothing's been missed!

Also a service announcement - I've been in touch with krushgroove and he's hyper busy currently. He's still dealing with the sponsors and figuring out who is honouring their season 6 prize commitments so hopefully we'll get an update on that when he has the time.

However, I'll be taking over the management of putting together the monthly Judge galleries - I intend to set up some sort of image hosting account and getting on with the ones for this Season over the weekend.

It looks like our resident season comic illustrator moths is also pretty busy and won't be able to continue the adventures of our intrepid Orc for a while. If anyone else wants to give it a shot, feel free!

Hey, can I get the Jurnal point for the yellow bus? Just realised I didn't bold it in the Oath complete post, and doesn't seem to be up on the spreadsheet.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, being of no more sound mind than usual, oath 8 dwarf riflemene, by Avatars of War

Starting off small this month - have a repeat of last month's on the stack for later.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, being of no more sound mind than usual, oath 8 dwarf riflemene, by Avatars of War

Starting off small this month - have a repeat of last month's on the stack for later.

Oath Addition!

Four Throwing Mastiffs, Two Ironbelcher Cannons/Volley Guns, a Flamebelcher and a random Dwarf gunner, all by Mantic (28mm)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Addition!

Four Throwing Mastiffs, Two Ironbelcher Cannons/Volley Guns, a Flamebelcher and a random Dwarf gunner, all by Mantic (28mm)

:siren:Oath Complete:siren:

And now my rifledwarves make up a full regiment;

Claiming I rolled a 6! for the doggies, as they're used as tokens in game.

LazyAngel fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Oct 31, 2016

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I'm in the same boat, I won stuff in the last or second to last month of the previous season, haven't heard anything.

Ditto...

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, Oath 8 more dwarf warriors by MOM Miniatures (28mm)

Strictly speaking it's the 8 warriors and 8 of the shields. Apologies for the delay posting the oath post - took the picture on Friday.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

Strictly speaking it's the 8 warriors and 8 of the shields. Apologies for the delay posting the oath post - took the picture on Friday.

Oath Addition
12 Dwarf Ironclads, from Mantic, plus Iron Man, by Knight Miniatues (~35mm?)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

:siren:Oath complete!:siren:

LazyAngel posted:

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Addition
12 Dwarf Ironclads, from Mantic, plus Iron Man, by Knight Miniatues (~35mm?)

No Jurnal this month.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

For December, I, LazyAngel, oath some Scourge for Dropfleet Commander.
That's 12 frigates, 4 cruisers and a battlecruiser.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Cat Face Joe posted:

Second Place (2 Points): Lazy Angel – I love this guy. I watched the whole build process looking forward to the result and I'm not disappointed. I really like the markings on the feathers and the armor has great depth.

Thanks for that! Hardest part was finding a garden ornament which looked realistic enough but was the right size to mount the dwarf on. Turns out finches are a bit small...

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

For December, I, LazyAngel, oath some Scourge for Dropfleet Commander.
That's 12 frigates, 4 cruisers and a battlecruiser.

Oath Complete! (and has been for some time)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

ijyt posted:

Pretty! Do you have a recipe you wouldn't mind sharing?

Easy;

Spray-primed with Vallejo black primer
Base-coated kinda-zenithally with sprayed VMA Gungrey
Highlighted (still with airbrush) with VMA Silver
For the cruisers, sprayed several thin layers of Army Painter Purple Tone on the prows.
Cruisers and Frigates got the fronts sprayed with Blue Ghost Tint (leaving the purple prows on the cruisers)
Trailing ends/spines/aft sections got GT Plasma Fluid sprayed on

Then back to normal brushes, picking out some joints and surface detail with Gungrey, followed by AP Dark Tone to shade.
Oculus beams/spots and Frigate engines were VGC Electric Blue, highlighted with P3 Frostbite.

Finally, sprayed on Satin varnish.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

For January, I, LazyAngel oath 7 space stations, from DropFleet Commander

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

For January, I, LazyAngel oath 7 space stations, from DropFleet Commander

And to this oath, I add The Claw, from Malifaux, by Wyrd (32mm)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete
Sorry for the terrible pics this month - need to tame the camera on a new phone.

Space stations took some going before they looked okay, and I ran out of inspiration part way through. Some sponge weathering to make them look like old industrial machinery helped.
The Claw, being Titiania's Winter Knight, is fulfilling my Jurnal entry this month...

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for the month of February the Mighty Thor! (32mm0ish, Knight Models)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Addition!
Scourge Battleship (with magnetised weapons), 3 PHR Cruisers and 4 PHR Frigates for Dropfleet Commander

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath for the month of February the Mighty Thor! (32mm0ish, Knight Models)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

The PHR ships took a couple of tries until I figured out the colour scheme. There's meaning behind the colours, but it's a) terribly geeky, and b) currently missing two colours until I paint some command (battleship) and generally-tricksy ships first.

Thor, of course was my challenge

Made it harder for myself by using entirely TMM. Worked pretty well (although I'd hate to do it on more than one model at a time.).

Finally, the battleship - this is probably the easiest Dropfleet model to magnetise.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for March the Tooth and the Thorn, from Malifaux by Wyrd (32mm)

As with my Winter oath, taking advantage of nominally-seasonal faeries...

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath for March the Tooth and the Thorn, from Malifaux by Wyrd (32mm)

As with my Winter oath, taking advantage of nominally-seasonal faeries...

Oath Complete!

As the Thorn (on the left) is the Spring-aspected one of the three knights, I'm claiming that for my Journal

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

For April, I, LazyAngel, oath one Maghariba Guard from Infinity (28mm, Corvus Belli)

It's been on my to-do list for ages - was basically why I got the airbrush, so figured I might as well get it done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

Couldn't be arsed to get the lightbox out this month, so plain tabletop pictures.

Airbrush-painted before assembly this time, the kit goes together really solidly - only pins are in the rear feet/tracks attaching it to the base. All other joins are quite snug and/or have massive contact surfaces. Quite nice to finally paint the model I actually got the airbrush for in the first place :-)

• Locked thread