Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

This is fortuitous as I might finally be getting back into minis with a Guild Ball team. I'll definitely have to oath it once I pick up the team and some painting supplies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Grey Hunter posted:

The village is going to be an interesting one to do, as I'm most likely going to be using wall paint for most of it.

Probably be the best way to go if you need serious quantities of paint. The paint store I work at you can get a quart of "sample" paint for about $7-8, some others do bottles of several ounces for around $3-4 and you can get it in basically any color you want. My store's samples only come in satin sheen though, but that doesn't matter since you'll probably be layering it all in matte sealant anyways.

Ever since I started working there I look at these half ounce bottles from P3, GW, etc and their $3-4 price tag and wince.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 16:25 on May 2, 2016

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

malal posted:

Lastly, when you upload to Imgur, you can adjust the posted size so you don't break tables. sadly, this is unavailable in the app so posting from your phone posts the full size of the picture.

You can add "h" "l" "s" or "m" (and maybe others?) to the end of the url just before .jpg to produce different sized versions of your picture. The quality may suffer a bit due to imgur's compression.

example:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I, GalagaGalaxian, oath these Guild Ball Mason players and ball.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 04:25 on May 16, 2016

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

OATH COMPLETE :dance:

Claiming the Squad Goal (They're members of the same sports team), Theme Challenge (its a fantasy setting similar to Blood Bowl, plus look at all the armor and hammers). I'll also make a claim at Box art because they're based on (But not 100% adherent to) their concept artwork (Chisel).

With bonus Goal Token

No Golden Daemon winners, but given I haven't painted in a few years and was a beginner even then, I'm satisfied with myself. Honour and Harmony (The two on the outside) are kinda lousy (their minis are lousy too), but I am relatively happy with the other three.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I picked up some more guild ball minis this week and I can't decide whether to work on them this weekend (but probably not finish them, so no oathing) or wait until the start of next month so I can oath them .

Of course, I could just work on them this weekend and grab some more minis or dig out some of my old high elves or something for next month...

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

4.5 hours left, good luck people. :ohdear:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Pash posted:

I have a couple of quick questions.

Would this count as a relaxed pose?

Second would a ball for guild ball count for I rolled a 6? I suppose a goal would if I get around to making one...

Its funny, I was looking at my masons yesterday and thought "dang Chisel would've been great for the relaxed challenge." And I already did Tower, un-oathed, who might've been muscley enough to count for the skin challenge. :( Guess I'll have to find some other mini to paint for the Theme/Technical challenge(s).

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Galaga Galaxian oaths these two Guild Ball Masons. Brick the Centre Back and LE Alt Flint the Goal-scoring Superstar Hero

:mason:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

OATH COMPLETE For now....

Skin Faces is haaaaaaaard.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I, Galaga Galaxian, additionally Oath these Guild Ball Masons; Hammer the Captain and the monkey Marbles.

I will also shoot for the speed painting challenge for the monkey,and Hammer too, if i can manage.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Speed Paint Complete

Better pictures will be added when I get home.

[edit]

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 12, 2016

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Oath Addition Complete

The monkey is a few posts up

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Zark the Damned posted:

Don't forget to make an Oath Complete post containing everything you've finished this month.

Yeah good point. Might add more though, so I'll hold off, for now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Collected OATH COMPLETE for the month

I suppose the monkey doesn't really qualify for the "relaxed" stance. I thought I was gonna paint something else, but never got around to it! :doh:

• Locked thread