Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

I, Lord Hypnostache, for the month of May, oath 10 Graveguards and 1 Empire Wizard. 28mm GW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Germ posted:

I was planning on sponsoring such a thing already, so....

Would July-ke to paint some terrain, my Lord?

For the month of July, include some terrain in your oath to get entered into a special prize drawing. Any scale will do, but it should be suitable terrain, not just a scenic objective marker, unit filler, or the like. You can gain multiple entries in the drawing (up to 4 including the original entry) by:

Epic: Painting a "sufficiently epic" amount of terrain. This could be a single large, complicated piece, or a number of smaller pieces that go together. One huge castle. A village. A table's worth of terrain. If you think what you did was epic, say so. If I agree, you'll get a bonus entry.

Picture Time: Take a photo of your terrain being used in a game, or as part of a scene with other miniatures you have painted for another bonus entry.

Rules Lawyer: Write a short set of rules for a terrain feature you oathed. The rules can be for any system, but should allow you to use a piece of terrain you painted in a unique way during a game. Toxic sludge that emits poisonous fumes? Tavern that can distract nearby troops with promises of ale?

The winner of the prize draw will get a selection of resin terrain from Worldsmith Industries. I'll work out with the winner the specifics of what they want, but expect something in the range of $75 worth of terrain. Anything on the we store would be fair game, as would anything I've prototyped but is not yet available for public sale.

Well, I was just about to start painting some terrain, but I guess I'll save it until July :) Seriously, this is a great competition!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
There's still a ton of untapped avatar material in the unspiration thread.

Also, it should be noted that my Oathbreaker avatar is a sort of special case. The first time I failed an oath was a season or two after Oathbreaker avatars had stopped being a thing, but I still wanted one. Many helpful goons sent me suitable avatar pictures and I chose the best of worst, the original scrunt.

While I wouldn't mind seeing more silly avatars, I prefer the current more inclusive and chill atmosphere in the Oath thread, where there is not really any penalty for failing an oath.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I was just about to hit bed when I remembered I hadn't uploaded my oath complete pictures yet. So, here we go! I even remembered to add in my username, something I had difficulties with last season.

With a right color scheme, Empire Wizards make fine Necromancers.

Claiming Where are my dragons! since these are fantasy themed armoured skellingtons. I also gave them a Night's Watch inspired banner, though I'm not too pleased with my freehand skills. Eh, good enough.

Also claiming #Squadgoals since that is also a complete troop of Revenants for Kings of War.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Taft Punk posted:

Trogdor is a man. A Dragon Man. Actually, just a Dragon. For the Technical Challenge.

This rules.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I got my months mixed up and thought this month had the terrain competition, and here I've been preparing terrain to paint. Well, it can wait for a month and I'll figure out something else to oath.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Vampire chilling on some stairs. GW 28mm. Technically it's not a complete model, but a piece of the coven throne, but my hobbytime this month is severely limited, so there's no way I'd be able to finish the whole model, that things is huge.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!

Claiming theme for this vampire just chilling about and enjoying a nice drink.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath the following: Lokhir Fellheart (GW) and a ton of terrain by THMiniatures: 2 small fences, angle fence, piles & barrels, piles & rocks, fence with entry, large fence, fence for artillery, 2 stakes, loads of logs. Also a bunch of cardboard to build hills out of.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!

Claiming theme, as this guy is a corsair leader. Also wears an octopus helmet.

And here are a bunch of terrain for Would July-ke some terrain.

And here's picture time of some of the terrain being used in a KoW game recently

I'd say that's an Epic amount of terrain, pretty much half a kickstarter of terrain and two hills, enough to make an entire hillfort, or defense line, or whatever battlements you might need.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Empire Wizard, five Black Knights, three Canine Remains and ten Skeleton Warriors. Everything is 28mm GW, except Canine Remains are Wyrd Miniatures bizarro scale (32mm I presume)

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
:sun:Oath complete!:sun: I've actually had these guys ready for almost two weeks now and completely forgot to post the pictures.

Claiming journal for the flaming skull and OSL on this guy.

Also claiming Box Art for these dog zombies

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, for the month of September, oath the following: one crypt and one statue from Morr's Garden, 3 Orcs and 3 Goblins. The Morr's Garden pieces are 28mm GW and orcs and goblins are 28mm Mantic.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
:sun:Oath complete!:sun:

Journal is the yellow clothing on these two guys

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, in the month of October, oath the following: 10 Ghouls, 3 Crypt Horrors, 3 Skeletons and 1 Skeleton Champion. Ghouls and Horrors by GW, Skeletons by Mantic, all 28mm.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
:ghost:Oath complete!:ghost:

I'm claiming Theme for the spooky scary skeletons.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, for the month of November, oath the following: ten Agincourt Foot Knights, one Orc Boss on foot, one Orc Boss on a Boar, one Vampire and five Spite Revenants. Everything is 28mm, the knights are Perry Miniatures and everything else is GW.

I'm taking a bit of a risk with the Revenants, since they haven't been primed yet and first snow arrived here mere hours after taking the photo. My apartment isn't ventilated enough to prime indoors and the last time I experimented with priming outside and bringing the models in to dry resulted in a chunky priming. We'll see how this goes.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

grassy gnoll posted:

I have also been waiting to hear from krush for several months. Not a complaint, just a status report.

I'm in the same boat, I won stuff in the last or second to last month of the previous season, haven't heard anything.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!

Not too pleased with these knights. I love the models but I'll paint the rest of them (80 or so) in a completely different scheme.

This one on the other hand I'm quite pleased. The sculpt itself is far from perfect, but I think I made it look good.

This is my Theme Challenge since his banner has a proppa orky skull on it.

This guy is probably the first model I've ever converted, about ten years ago. It's been primed and waiting to be repainted for ages, I wanted to see if I could save it.

These guys I'm very pleased with the results. I'm not too fond of their regular tree ghost color scheme, but I painted them similarly to my ghouls and they look a lot better as undead monstrosities stuck in trees.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Ghoul King. 28mm GW. I have learned from previous years and remember that Steam Sales are approaching, so I'm taking it easy this month.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!

No journal, I had a brainfart and mixed up this and next month's challenges and did some snow :doh:

EDIT: Added username to pictures

Lord Hypnostache fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 1, 2017

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Zark the Damned posted:

You had another brainfart and forgot to put your name on the pics ;)

Oops! I edited my username to the pictures

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Jomsviking Chieftain and two Jomsvikings from Gripping Beast and ten Frostgrave barbarians from Osprey Games. Everything is 28mm.

The chieftains base is a different colour because it is unprimed pumice and stone. I updated the way I make bases and got him done before I had the workflow down.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!

Pretty all of them count for journal, since all the models have snow on the bases and are wearing warm clothes.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath 10 European Mercenaries, 8 Arab Warriors and 2 Moor Commanders. European pikemen by Perry Miniatures, Arabs and Moors by Gripping Beast. Everything is 28mm.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete! I thought I had posted earlier, but apparently I didn't press submit or something. Anyways, here's my stuff

No journal this time.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath the six starter class minis for Gloomhaven. They are 32mm and by Cephalofair Games.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!

No journal this time, but I am claiming Box art for my attempt to follow the color schemes in the character cards.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Going oath a bunch of minis from a bunch of different manufactorers, let's see if I can keep this straight.

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath the following: 14 Foot Knights (Perry), 10 Pikemen (Perry), Lost Legion Drummer (GW), Mercenary Captain (Warlord). Everything is 28mm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!

The drummer on the left is my journal. He's the drummer from old Warhammer Fantasy Pirazzo's Lost Legion, I googled and he's apparently from 1997, but I think he has been in my bits box collecting dust from the early 00's.

And here's my One for All pics. I forgot to include the Gloomhaven starters in the first pic, but it does include a couple other models when I didn't oath a complete regiment (color testers, similar models in a regiment, etc.) It always feels good to see how much you get done in a year when this thread helps you maintain steady hobby progress.

• Locked thread