Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
I Arson Fire, oath to paint 9 zombies in the month of May (CMON 28mm)

Much as I'd like to paint another big model for the monthly theme, I don't have any quite ready to start painting at the moment. So it's time for more zombies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Complete!

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Time to get back on the wagon.
I, Arson Fire, oath to paint four Tyranid Raveners (28mm scale, GW) for the month of July!

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Complete!

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

I, Arson Fire, oath to paint an Ablobination, Scowl, and Grin, in the month of August (Zombicide Black Plague, CMON, 28mm)

Scowl is great fun in zombicide. Last time I played, the other heroes were all doing their best to get him killed. Being batman, he didn't kill a single zombie all game. Just ran around grabbing items for his utility belt and swooping off into the night.
Somehow they still won. A perfect score for team batman.

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath addition!
6 greed abominations, a greed controller, and an avatar of greed (28mm, CMON)

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Got through that last set of stuff pretty quickly. Time for more!

Oath Addition
6 corrupted doctors (28mm CMON)

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

I'm going to have to declare Oath Failed.
A day after my last oath extension, a huge pile of commission work showed up which has kept me busy since then. It really has been a very productive month though, and I finished almost everything I oathed. So I'm satisfied.

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

I, Arson Fire, oath to paint 6 Pride Abominations, 1 Pride Controller, and 1 Avatar of Pride in the month of September! (CMoN)

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Complete!

The big guy was fun. I was experimenting with different painting techniques than I normally use. Neutral zenithally highlighted colours to start with, then coloured by glazes.
I don't think I gave it quite enough contrast before I glazed it, and had to spend a while touching it up afterwards.
Still doesn't have quite as much contrast as I'd like, but then again my normal paint schemes tend to be eyeball searing.

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Thanks!
Time to paint some cultists and abominations of a slightly different nature.

I, Arson Fire, oath to paint 8 genestealer cultist neophytes in the month of October! (GW, 28mm)

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

The first set of cultists is looking pretty fine. However the thing with cultists is that I need more cultists.

Oath Addition. 12 Genestealer Cult Acolytes (GW, 28mm)

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

My second batch of cultists are all ready, but I've still got a few days left. No band of cultists is complete without a sinister leader to guide them, so lets do this one more time.
Oath Addition! One Genestealer Cult Magus (GW, 28mm)

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Complete!

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

I've done a ton of painting over the last couple of months. Most of a 40k army, plus a few other bits and pieces. However I didn't oath any of it for some reason.
Anyway, it has been a while since I've painted a big bug. I've had this one sitting around in storage for a couple of years. Time to remove it from my backlog.

I, Arson Fire, oath to paint a Tyranid Dimachaeron in the month of February (GW, 28mm)

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Complete!

Great model, although the chest maw doesn't fit together very well. Nothing a bit of putty couldn't fix for the most part.
Although I could not figure out how that little round section under the tentacle was supposed to fit on. The instructions have it the other way around, but it doesn't fit like that at all. Still, it works well enough like this.

Arson Fire fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 1, 2017

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

I, Arson Fire, oath to paint 10 zombie wolves in the month of March (From zombicide black plague, CMON, 28mm)

I've got a friend who really wants to play age of sigmar. I don't really care about the game, or want to buy any minis for it. But I have a whole bunch of zombies, zombie wolves, necromancers, etc, from zombicide. I figure I can build something resembling an undead army out of them. Just gotta paint them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Complete!

These guys were really quick and easy to paint. I was planning on just doing these 10 to use in an AoS army, but now I might do the rest of the box too, just to get it completely out of my painting queue.

• Locked thread