Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of May, this Reaper Bones Giant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

:parrot: Oath Complete! :parrot:

He looks too friendly to be swinging that sword around...

As a Storm Giant, this should tick the boxes for the Where are my dragons?!: Theme Challenge as well as Monster Mayhem.

Also claiming Speedpainting!

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of May, this Reaper Bones Giant

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

LazyAngel posted:

:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

The wrens of war have been tamed and harnessed. The dwarf... not so much.

Obviously, the entire thing is strictly fantastical, for the theme challenge. I'd also like to claim monster mayhem for such a fearsome beast (the wren, I mean).

I'd also like to attempt to claim box art for the wren; (please feel free to disallow as this is a bit silly).

Wouldn't that be nesting box art?

Also, sweet bird! My parents have splendid fairy wrens visit their backyard :3:

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Ugleb posted:

Oath Complete!

After much procrastinating over how to approach painting Huggy (and therefore Backpack) I'm fairly happy with how these came out. Painting tentacle face turned out to be a bit of a bitch, those things made it tricky to do her face/upper torso! Still, free hugs for all!

Oh neat! I haven't seen a "muscular" huggy before.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Lethemonster posted:

Are they in witness protection?

They're obviously shadow drakes

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of June, the four starting survivors from the Kingdom Death: Monster boardgame

you make the theme showing skin, someone's gonna bring out the KD. On the bright side, these ones are relatively clothed!

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

I can see that I didn't highlight back of the far-right lady's toga, but I've got a wedding to prepare for and no time to fix it :(

Is this close enough for Box Art? This is the official studio paint job of the starting survivors. Unfortunately, I only looked at it at the start, and now see that I have gone quite far off base. Tall guy is purple, at least.

If it's close enough, that'll be Box Art, Squad Goals for painting the four survivors together, and the Theme in that they are all showing a bit of skin.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath for the month of July, a Reaper Bones frog warrior

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

Claiming the theme challenge for the frog wielding a tiny little pufferfish and a seahorse.

Also claiming WIP Photos

Oath post:

Base colours:

First wash:

Where I left off yesterday:

90% done:

And complete:

Schmetterling fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Aug 1, 2016

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath for the month of August a Wyrd Games Malifaux Mechanical Rider

I've glued some sprue to the rider so I can have something to hold while painting; normally I just blu-tack the base onto an old paint pot, but I'm painting her seperately from the horse so I can try to get into all the details.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Addition! Three Wyrd Games Malifaux Fire Gamin

I assembled and based these years ago, so the greenstuff work is embarrassing. But, they're made of fire, so great for this month's theme!

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

Both the Fire Gamin and the Mechanical Rider have flames for the Theme.

I tried to make my Mechanical Rider as metallic as possible, with tin-coloured skin highlighted to a sort of silver.

A rushed finish on all of them as I'm going away for a fortnight in a couple of days, and I haven't started packing yet.

Edit:

Spring Cleaning!

Schmetterling fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Aug 27, 2016

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of September, a Poison Gamin from Wyrd Games, Malifaux

About five hours left before the deadline, let's see how yellow I can make it!

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

As yellow as possible for the Challenge, with bonus Scorpion Green claws and poison.

Interestingly, my colourblind partner sees this model as shaded with a sickly green, fading into brown. He described it as "a banana that's either too ripe or not ripe enough".

Schmetterling fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Oct 1, 2016

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath for the month of October a spoooooky Malifaux Drowned

I moved 950km south this month, and left my models and paints behind, so this is the first chance I've had to sit down and paint anything.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

One spooooky ghost for the theme, drowned unjustly and doomed to follow the commands of whichever resurrectionist happens to stumble upon their spirit. Now with cheeky butt-window!

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the few remaining hours of November, a Wyrd Games Malifaux Johan

and again to show the actual model:

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

Johan is the kind of man who pierces his abs

The theme is the colour of his orange cloak. Which theme, you may ask? Both! Orange is autumnal for harvest time, and in researching the Day of the Dead for ideas, I learned that Aztec Marigolds, aka flor de muertos are commonly placed on shrines during the festival.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of December, a Malifaux Dawn Serpent

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath addition! Two Malifaux Beckoners

Phoneposting so they're sideways, sorry.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

Placeholder photos, hopefully I'll have time to take some nicer ones before New Year.

Including the Journal in the Christmassy themed red white and green.

Also, glitter is now everywhere.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath for the month of January a Malifaux Drowned

Another late oath, hopefully I can get it done in time.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

One very dead Drowned in a fashionable white suit! The suit is obviously for the Theme/Challenge.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Zark the Damned posted:

Approved! Sprue pics'd be preferred but we've accepted sealed boxes and blisters before.

:siren: January's points are in - go check the spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CjBdEM06ehsHI_IGCRx-Ls-j3Mw3vCoZ02a83yBnRtA/edit?ts=57292533#gid=24 and make sure I haven't missed anything! Electric Hobo will likely be doing the prize draw in a week or so. I also hope to finish sorting out the galleries and getting them to the judges this weekend!

I'm not listed as having oathed in January at all. My Drowned was last minute, but still in January.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Zark the Damned posted:

It's showing up fine for me, maybe there's a caching issue on your end? It was added when I approved your oath on the 29th...

Whoops, it's there now. Must have been an older copy of the spreadsheet saved on my phone.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I missed this until looking in the albums just now - nice dragon lady! Where's she from?

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of February, a Wyrd Games Banasuva

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

What's wrong Schmetterling? You're a week and a half early :v:

I'm trying this new thing where I paint on more than one day in a month.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

Backstory
Sandeep sat in an old armchair by the fireplace, his eyes drifting across the dancing sparks and twisting smoke. In his lap, the Gada lay still, yet seemed to vibrate softly under his fingertips. Without looking at the weapon, Sandeep spoke.

"I have summoned and bound many spirits. I have used the strength of earth, the speed of wind, the frozen heart of ice to strike at those who would harm my work. But tonight I recall a different spirit. An early summon, that to the inexperience of youth seemed a tantalising target."

Sandeep paused. The Gada remained still.

"This spirit was not of earth, or flame, or thrice-forged metal; my target was nebulous, twisting and evasive, mocking and liquid. Yet somehow, with luck and courage, I summoned it."

The Gada was silent, yet the sense of roiling turmoil beneath its surface had paused, as if the mind inside the weapon was listening.

"The spirit appeared much like yourself, Banasuva, in all but the flames that dance from your fingertips. It was tall, heavily muscled, and blue. A red cloth bound it around the waist, and gold bands encircled the arms. But it did not keep this form. It moved, faster than a Gamin of the wind, changing size and shape in an instant. It spoke in a cacophony of voices and took the form of animals, birds, and people I once knew. I was terrified."

A log broke in the fireplace, sending a cloud of sparks billowing out towards the old armchair.

"I cancelled the summon as quickly as I could. In hindsight, I doubt I could have contained it for long. My ambition had reached too far, and I was chastised for my hubris. It was months before I dared attempt even the most basic summon."

The mage fell silent. Suddenly, the Gada seemed to twist in his grasp.

"Ah, did I not say? Very well. It was a rare spirit, very hard to find, and even harder to name, and I have never seen another. I shall never forget the laughter of the spirit of humour."

Theme: Aladdin

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of March a dragon figurine, a cardboard box lid, some cork, and a bunch of tiny books I made out of balsa and wallpaper scraps.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

Say hello to the Book Wyrm.

Theme is the extensive scratch building involved in making this diorama.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of April two old space marines and two plastic bases

The space marines were painted by a friend eons ago, so I plan to Rescue them while remaining suitably vintage. The bases are from some of the new DnD preprimed models that I grabbed to check out, and they will become a couple of tokens.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

Two newly rescued very vintage space marines and two Nightmare Fruit tokens.

I didn't paint warhams as a teen, but I have several friends who did, so I'm reliably informed that I have successfully channeled the vintage aesthetic. One friend offered to share the wisdom of an old White Dwarf magazine (and an unopened tub of GW flock), which I have used to faithfully recreate the "flock or sand with goblin green rims" basing style.

The two models are also vintage in another way, being approximate recreations of the pre- and post-Heresy colour schemes of the World Eaters.

The Nightmare Fruit tokens are loosely based on the official art for the fruit.

That's the vintage theme, and the achievements It's a Rescue! and I rolled a six...!.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Achievement photos (maybe counts as an Oath Addition for spreadsheet purposes?)

All for One!

I had to split this into two photos, because half of the models are in Brisbane and the other half are in Sydney.

And I think that's everything for the year!

Thank you to all of the organisers and judges for running a great thread. I've painted at least one model per month for the past four years now, which is amazing. And thank you to the other participants for providing inspiration and encouragement every month; I know I'm not a really good painter, but I've tried a lot of new things based on what I've seen in these threads.

• Locked thread