Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Troll Raiders have bought up Carnevale as well, so they seem like cool dudes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I, Lord Aba, oath 2 toxicrinefrom Games-Workship

So... I oath that I will not buy any new models*, nor kick any starts**, until I have finished painting my Tyranids or the year ends. I will immediately regret this oath as I am a whore for random models. If I break and buy something new I will throw myself on the love and mercy of the thread. But at least I get motivated during the summer, so I should be able to knock off a fair bit before my 200th gaunt drives me insane.

* If I go to a 'con I will buy something. I also ordered some Guild Ball last week and it would be dickish not to actually buy them from my local store. Also if they make new tyranids I guess?
** Exception being Aetherium and new Endless Fantasy IF they do any new kickstarters.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
:siren: Oath Complete

Monster May-hem! Double even. They are hard to get a closeup of both because of the tentacle arms. Who thought that was a good idea?

Here are all of my nids so far. Still have a long way to go!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Nichol posted:

Wow thanks! All I can see is the sloppinesses

It's like hearing a recording of yourself; everyone hates looking at their own pictures of models!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

LazyAngel posted:

I'd also like to attempt to claim box art for the wren; (please feel free to disallow as this is a bit silly).

I will vote to allow the box art only if you name the Dwarf rider Stimpy and constantly make "Ren & Stimpy" references when playing it.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 29, 2016

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I, Lord Aba, oath the following: 6 rending warriors, 6 sword warriors, 2 gun warriors and 1 broodlord (Games workshop, 28mm scale)

Lemme know if the picture is too dark. Tyranid warriors are some of my favorite models to paint, so this should go quick despite the number!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Welp, broke a finger on my dominant hand last night. This months oath is gonna be reeeeeeal interesting.

Two words: Perry brothers.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
RIP Bretonnia.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So goons! I oathed that I wouldn't by anything unplanned until I finished my Tyranids... and I bought some Warmachine models. To be fair, I needed the foam inserts for conversion work, but that is just an excuse.

So what should my punishment be? I'm thinking of donating some MKIII starter sets to the thread for the grand prize pools. Granted, those won't be out for a while and it looks like they might have some quantity issues... but there it is.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
:siren: June Oath Complete!

Whole gang.

Warriors!

Broodlord.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I, LordAba, oath 3 tyrannofex from Games Workshop and 3 tyranid terrain pieces from Forgeworld

Okay, one of the tyrannofex is started already but I don't care. I still have to get it done anyways.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
:siren:
Oath complete!

Who says the light above your stove isn't good for pictures!

The terrain is for Would July-ke to paint some terrain, my Lord?. I don't think it quite qualifies as Epic, and I don't have suitable minis for Picture Time with me. But Rules Lawyer for 40k:

Spore Chimney: 50 points.
Setup per the infiltrate rules
Counts as 5+ cover, when a non-tyranid unit shoots while within 6", or targets the spore chimney, immediately after resolving the shooting the chimney's sensitive defensive system will spread spore mines. Create a unit of 3 spore mines within 6", and at least 1" away from enemy units.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jul 25, 2016

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I, LordAba, oath 3 pyrovores (games workshop) for August.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Listen up fleshheads! I have another box of Aetherium to give away. So I will be holding a contest next month.
It will involve painting punk. Cyber punk, steam punk, actual punk. Yay!
It will involve painting clean, surgical, precise. The cold perfection of machine and AI over the disgusting filth.

Double points if you paint something reminiscent of Philip K Dick. Reference a book, reference a movie based on a book. Just love the Dick.

More details will come at the start of next month.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Man, because of a sudden business trip I'm only going to have 3 days to finish my stuff up. There no minute like the last minute!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oath Complete!

Lighting makes a difference. Who would have thought!
Still need the bases but those don't count and I'm lazy.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Thundercloud posted:

I, Thundercloud, have successfully completed my Oath.

#SquadGoals

Awesome work! I have the starter Ghar and I'm getting Algoryn soon.

Anyways, I mentioned it breifly but...

Thanks Zark the Damned!

Anyways, paint something *punk to win some Aetherium in September. I'll probably report this as a reminder this weekend as well. Be sure to mark finished entries as Punks love Dick so I can find them.

Could be anything really. Cyber, Diesel, Steam, Music. I'm not picky, even though I could be. Yeah I'm talking to you, guy you puts gears on a top hat and thinks he is edgy.
This is also a great time to read a book and paint something related to Philip K Dick. "But, Philip K Dick is more scifi than cyberpunk!" Well, it is my contest, isn't it? Anyways, if you paint a reference to Dick or write a story related to anything Philip K Dick has done you will get double points. That's like twice as many! Each point is an entry to win an enhanced Aetherium boxset! Enhanced by including darn near everything for the Nanomei and Axiom factions, plus some sneak peek models from Ikaru.

What is Aetherium? An awesome board/miniatures game. The highlights of the game is using a resource to actually move the board around, a neat way of building your armies, some great scenarios, and it is fairly cheap to get into! Set in a cyberpunk setting, of course!
It's basically the matrix as written by Philip K Dick. Check it out at: http://www.anvil-eight.com/

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I, Lord Aba, oath 1 Swarmlord (games-workshop) for September!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Uroboros posted:

Only two more nights of painting to finish, poo poo is getting intense!

I had my stuff painted weeks ago. I took pictures of it days ago. I'm in reach of both my camera and laptop many, many times.

I'll upload it tomorrow.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oath Complete!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

moths posted:

Oath Complete!
The DAK guys are also for the Dick contest, celebrating The Man in the High Tower - Which turned out to be better than the show and had an ending (despite what you've heard.)

I still have to see the show one of these days... Amazing book though!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Note! I will not be able to mail the Aetherium prize out for sometime (like, late October) but I will at least gather up names and draw for it soon.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Zark the Damned posted:

Sounds like a fine time to whip this out again:

Which reminds me, did I miss the prize draw for this somewhere along the line?

Nope, I'm just stuck in "being lazy/traveling for work" hell. I have the game and the extra models in a shipping box already, just need to gather names and do the actual drawing!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So! Here are all the people who are entered into the Aetherium contest! If your name isn't here, post a link to your completed oath and let me know:

Signal
Pash
tallkidwithglasses
GoodBee
Ilor (awesome)
Electric Hobo (awesome)
moths (awesome)
Zark the Damned
KPC_Mammon
headlor
Galaspar

People who Awesome get an extra entry in the drawing! I might also send some stuff to the Aetherium guys because they might get a kick out of some of it (after all, they almost had a lolcat faction in the first kickstarter).

I will draw on Sunday and try to get the package out on Monday!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

LordAba posted:

Signal
Pash
tallkidwithglasses
GoodBee
Ilor (awesome)
Electric Hobo (awesome)
moths (awesome)
Zark the Damned
KPC_Mammon
headlor
Galaspar

Since I can't remember the other site, I just used the one above! If it is good enough for Microsoft .NET it is good enough for me.

Counting from the top (starting at 1) gets us... Ilor! Since it looks like Ilor is too loving cheap for messages they should send me an email at ronczkaa at gmail

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

head58 posted:

“Once you’ve got a task to do, it’s better to do it than live with the fear of it." - Logen Ninefingers”

"I don't know if I'd listen to a guy who lost a finger" - Tony TenFingers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Electric Hobo posted:

And now the GRAB BAG prize!
The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: Counterspin, but he already won a few months ago, so we need a re-roll.
JERRYLEE! is our winner!

We have albums going for both the US-based and the UK/EU-based prize pots! So here's who you will contact for your choice of prize:
If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live in the UK or Europe, you are choosing from Krushgroove's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live anywhere else, you may choose from either prize pot.

It's been a while since I participated, but I have a few more models to get rid of for the US Grab Bag prize. I'll have to send Iris of Ether another message and get that organized in a couple of weeks...

• Locked thread