Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
head58
Apr 1, 2013

May as well give this another try this year.

I, head58, oath these three Guild Ball Alchemist models (Steamforged Games, 28mm) for the month of May: Midas, Calculus and Mercury

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Is there a word for getting halfway through basecoating a mini and realizing you never took a picture of it to add to your monthly oath?

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Oath Addition!
Adding on another member of the Alchemists: Vitriol.

head58 posted:

May as well give this another try this year.

I, head58, oath these three Guild Ball Alchemist models (Steamforged Games, 28mm) for the month of May: Midas, Calculus and Mercury

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETE

I'm claiming #squadgoals on this since they're all part of the Alchemists team. Also Box Art as the friend I'm painting these for wanted the studio scheme. Here's the Guild Ball web store team image
http://store.guildball.com/images/category-headers/alchemists.jpg

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I, head58, oath these 3 models: Supreme Archdomina Makeda, Orin Midwinter and a Cyclops Shaman from Privateer Press (Skorne). The first 2 are 30mm and the cyclops is 40.

Hopefully I'll have another model soon to add for the June challenge.

head58 fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jun 3, 2016

head58
Apr 1, 2013

GoodBee posted:

Is your Rasheth painted? I'm trying to make June Rasheth month. Although the Shaman probably has enough skin for the technical challenge and is a fantastic model.

Rasheth is who I'm hoping to get soon. Can't decide if I paint him up like Hedonismbot or not.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Oath Addition

Joining the Tubb Club, I, head58, additionally oath Dominar Rasheth (50mm Privateer Press Hordes model) for June! Should be good for the June theme. He gets to relax even if the baby elephants carrying him around do not.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Oath Complete!

Claiming the Time to Relax theme challenge for Rasheth. #TubbClub

Also claiming Box Art for Orin Midwinter: http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/mercenaries/solos/orin-midwinter

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath these 3 models: Supreme Archdomina Makeda, Orin Midwinter and a Cyclops Shaman from Privateer Press (Skorne). The first 2 are 30mm and the cyclops is 40.

Hopefully I'll have another model soon to add for the June challenge.

head58 posted:

Oath Addition

Joining the Tubb Club, I, head58, additionally oath Dominar Rasheth (50mm Privateer Press Hordes model) for June! Should be good for the June theme. He gets to relax even if the baby elephants carrying him around do not.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

You already claimed that one last month, Achievements are once per season ;)

I'm the idiot who can't remember what he did/didn't claim from one minute to the next. Sorry.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I, head58, oath these four terrain bits that will somehow magically become water/acid pools (one test model already in progress)

And also these Venator Reivers with command attachment (12 models) and Makeda3 with her Exalted Court (3 models) all 30mm stuff from Privateer Press

Probably more to come later in the month. I need to get so much done before Templecon at the end of August.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Here are some WIP Photos for my water terrain pieces, taken over the past couple of days.

The four pieces of thin birch plywood (maybe a poor base choice - have to see) have been covered with spackle/filler with raised edges to hold the water effect. I left the surfaces very rough but would probably sand them down a bit next time.

Here the pieces have been sprayed with brown spray paint and the water/swamp colors painted on the bottom where the water effects will go (fading to a lighter color near the edge to represent thinner water, and a ring of grey around where the water will meet the land). I also gloss varnished the blue/green parts after some of the paint chopped off my test model (upper left) as I was spreading the water effect around.

But the good thing about the water effect stuff is if you gently caress up you can just peel it out and start again. In this case some flocking fell into the test model as the water effect was setting and it looked like poo poo. So off it comes and now I'll start again on the test model with the lessons learned.

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath these four terrain bits that will somehow magically become water/acid pools (one test model already in progress)

And also these Venator Reivers with command attachment (12 models) and Makeda3 with her Exalted Court (3 models) all 30mm stuff from Privateer Press

Probably more to come later in the month. I need to get so much done before Templecon at the end of August.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETE

Here are the finished water and swamp/acid pools shown in the WIP Photos below. Some sneaky little frog-men lurk beneath the water of the swamp waiting for their prey. I'm also entering these for Would July-ke to paint some terrain, my Lord? and Life's a Beach.

Here are the Venator Reivers

And lastly Makeda and her Exalted Court

head58 posted:

Here are some WIP Photos for my water terrain pieces, taken over the past couple of days.

The four pieces of thin birch plywood (maybe a poor base choice - have to see) have been covered with spackle/filler with raised edges to hold the water effect. I left the surfaces very rough but would probably sand them down a bit next time.

Here the pieces have been sprayed with brown spray paint and the water/swamp colors painted on the bottom where the water effects will go (fading to a lighter color near the edge to represent thinner water, and a ring of grey around where the water will meet the land). I also gloss varnished the blue/green parts after some of the paint chopped off my test model (upper left) as I was spreading the water effect around.

But the good thing about the water effect stuff is if you gently caress up you can just peel it out and start again. In this case some flocking fell into the test model as the water effect was setting and it looked like poo poo. So off it comes and now I'll start again on the test model with the lessons learned.

head58 posted:

head58 fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 17, 2016

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I, head58, oath this Privateer Press stuff for August:
1 Titan Cannoneer (50mm)
5 Ferox (well, the Ferox riders mounted on GW Dark Elf Cold Ones) (50mm)
1 Paingiver Master Tormentor (30mm)

head58 fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Aug 3, 2016

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming the Theme for Hot, Hot, Hot for the cannoneer's torch (there's some badly done osl on the side but I forgot to get a pic of it, so we'll call it theme instead of technical)

And here's the dino-cav. Rawr.

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath this Privateer Press stuff for August:
1 Titan Cannoneer (50mm)
5 Ferox (well, the Ferox riders mounted on GW Dark Elf Cold Ones) (50mm)
1 Paingiver Master Tormentor (30mm)

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I, head58, oath these four Guild Ball models: Ballista, Salvo, Velocity and good ol' Bally. All are from Steamforged Games and are 30mm.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETED

Not enough yellow on them for the technical challenge but :effort:

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath these four Guild Ball models: Ballista, Salvo, Velocity and good ol' Bally. All are from Steamforged Games and are 30mm.

head58 fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 30, 2016

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I, head58, oath these two Guild Ball dudes, named Ratchet and Pin Vise (30mm, Steamforged Games).

The bases were pre-painted but the figures are only primed. If that's an issue I'll rebase them.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH ADDITION
Here's a giant loving snake, Skarath from Warmahordes, 50mm, that I'm adding in for the theme challenge because what's scarier than a giant loving snake.

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath these two Guild Ball dudes, named Ratchet and Pin Vise (30mm, Steamforged Games).

The bases were pre-painted but the figures are only primed. If that's an issue I'll rebase them.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETE!

Here's the giant loving snake, for which I'm claiming the October Theme Challenge and Speed Painting

And my regular oathed stuff

head58 posted:

OATH ADDITION
Here's a giant loving snake, Skarath from Warmahordes, 50mm, that I'm adding in for the theme challenge because what's scarier than a giant loving snake.

head58 posted:

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I, head58, oath these 2 models for November Ossyan and Elara1, 30mm from Privateer Press.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETE

Nothing fancy, no extra achievements this month.

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath these 2 models for November Ossyan and Elara1, 30mm from Privateer Press.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I, head58, oath for December this unit of Dawnguard Sentinels - twelve 30mm models from Privateer Press

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETED

If there were an achievement for lovely basing I'd be rocking it this month. Haven't really figured out a basing scheme for these guys yet, probably add some rocks and geegaws on later.

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath for December this unit of Dawnguard Sentinels - twelve 30mm models from Privateer Press

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I, head58, oath Discordia (Privateer Press, 50mm) for January. Gonna try white for the technical challenge so I'm looking forward to my first failure.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETED
The model may look dirty or smudgy but it's largely the camera's fault and not super lovely painting (just regular lovely). The white was mixed with Liquitex Iridescent Medium to give it a sparkle effect. Looks better in person, although the white doesn't work with it as well as other colors.

Claiming the So C-c-cold technical challenge on this one.

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath Discordia (Privateer Press, 50mm) for January. Gonna try white for the technical challenge so I'm looking forward to my first failure.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I, head58, oath this Guild Ball (Steamforged Games) stuff for February:

-Mother -40mm base mechanical spider thing
-3 30mm "nest markers" covered in adorable baby mechanical spiders
-Naja, 30mm non-mechanical snake

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETE!

Not thrilled about the snake but there wasn't a lot to work with there.

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath this Guild Ball (Steamforged Games) stuff for February:

-Mother -40mm base mechanical spider thing
-3 30mm "nest markers" covered in adorable baby mechanical spiders
-Naja, 30mm non-mechanical snake

head58
Apr 1, 2013

“Once you’ve got a task to do, it’s better to do it than live with the fear of it." - Logen Ninefingers”

I, head58, oath this Desert Hydra from Privateer Press for March

Sorry for the blurry timestamp

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETE

head58 posted:

“Once you’ve got a task to do, it’s better to do it than live with the fear of it." - Logen Ninefingers”

I, head58, oath this Desert Hydra from Privateer Press for March

Sorry for the blurry timestamp

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I, head58, oath these models for April

-Hakaar the Destroyer
-2 Ancestral Guardians

All from Privateer Press, 40mm bases

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETE!

And this makes 12 consecutive oaths completed. Thank you, comedy forum website something awful dot com for keeping me focused and motivated this past year. I know I'm not going to win any awards but I'm getting paint on models and (I think) getting a little better.

I was going to go for All for One but realized I three of my oaths were things I painted for a friend and I don't have them anymore :(

Anyway, on to season 8!

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath these models for April

-Hakaar the Destroyer
-2 Ancestral Guardians

All from Privateer Press, 40mm bases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Sorry to be that guy but it looks like I didn't get credit for completing April (and for the 12 completions).

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774261&perpage=40&pagenumber=59#post471863146

• Locked thread