Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of May, the Dark Debts crew box for Malifaux, 32mm by Wyrd Miniatures.

Edit - fixed link.

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I use my phone and find that turning the torch on helps compensate for the screen glare and lights up my models. I frequently struggle with oath complete pics though, as I have no lightbox setup.

Not sure if my oath pic link is working, the imgur app is weird. I'll fix it later if needed.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

NTRabbit posted:

For some reason your image isn't loading on the page, but is when I open it in a new tab :shrug: e: Oh, you've img linked to the page rather than directly to the image, that's why it isn't working

Also my poor man's lightbox is a white Ikea SKUBB box, with an Ikea DIODER 4 piece strip lighting set on top for the light.

I do not understand the logic of the imgur app's UI, my brain just doesn't get it at all. :shrug:

Will check out that ghetto lightbox though, cheers.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Cool shoutout to this thread from KR Multicase on their Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10153574304331778&id=199053616777

I can't figure out how to post the pics of the painted cases but they all look great :downs:

Everyone should hit that link and go give it a like, it only takes a moment of your time and supports our sponsors.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

rkajdi posted:

Oath Complete for my latest additions:

I know I need to list all my pictures for my final post of the month, but should I do it as a combined shot or just combine all the images for my previous stuff at a lower resolution? I'm probably mostly done for the month since I have 3 weeks worth of work trips to deal with.

Easiest thing to do is post the lot once it's all done unless you are claiming speed painting or something. So long as you oath complete before the month ends you are fine.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

nesbit37 posted:

Oath complete! Claiming Monster MAYhem, Squad Goals, and the DRAGONS theme!

Squad goals is for all of the scourge this month, there are almost 100 of them painted. We'll start off here with this desolator that I made a clear resin base and flight stand for to represent it's main weapon and I also added a blue and white LED for extra effect.

Next up is a Death Tyrant someone put up on shapeways. I made some clear pink resin that I cast from a mold of a ball bearing to use as the floaty eyeballs. I tried to also cast clear resin for the phantasmal limb stalks that hold those spectral eyeballs in place but hot glue ended up being easier to work with and a lot faster despite it not being as clear as I would like.

For my monsters we'll start with a Reaper dragon...

Then a Lord of the Rings giant vampire thing

and finally a 10mm scale monster called the screamer, shown with some exotic (and larger than average) infantry for scale that I also painted this month. In the second picture it is riding it's dropship.

Then to finish off this month's oath we have a whole bunch of Dropzone Commander stuff

So much to like here!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

grassy gnoll posted:

Actual content: how much lead time do we need between posting a properly time-stamped image from a few days ago and a complete oath?

As long as it takes you to complete the oath? If you oath something and finish it in less than 24hrs you get to claim speed painting.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete!

After much procrastinating over how to approach painting Huggy (and therefore Backpack) I'm fairly happy with how these came out. Painting tentacle face turned out to be a bit of a bitch, those things made it tricky to do her face/upper torso! Still, free hugs for all!

EDIT - Claiming #squadgoals and maybe the fantasy theme if these qualify.

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 10:18 on May 31, 2016

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Edited my post to claim achievements I forgot about.

Ugleb posted:

Oath Complete!

After much procrastinating over how to approach painting Huggy (and therefore Backpack) I'm fairly happy with how these came out. Painting tentacle face turned out to be a bit of a bitch, those things made it tricky to do her face/upper torso! Still, free hugs for all!

EDIT - Claiming #squadgoals and maybe the fantasy theme if these qualify.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Unusually late in the month to be oathing for me but here goes.

I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of June, Mercs Set 1 for the Batman Miniature Game, 32mm scale by Knight Models.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete!

A small oath this month but I'm pleased with the results.

Claiming for Ted Hunter Themed Challenge - Relaxed Pose because drat this mercenary is just chillin' here with a big shotgun waiting for that Bat-freak to try something:

Now Mohawk here doesn't qualify me for any actual bonus points, but there was a moment of inspiration after I decided to try my hand at African skin tones and opted to do the hair peroxide blonde... 'Credit' to my wife for this one!

#sorrynotsorry :P

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Here we go for the well timed terrain month, as I probably have a table's worth of stuff to get through! I'll be starting with my big piece and will hopefully get through to adding some more bits later in the month!

I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of July:

1x Harmonic Theatre, 1x Roof-top Access and 1x Subway Entrance, 28mm scale by Knights of Dice.
2x Victorian Gateway and 12x Victorian Fence, 28mm scale by Blotz.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete!

Barely made it this month, time flies I guess. I would have liked to experiment more with weathering liquids and was hoping to oath addition a fountain set for water effects but oh well.

Claiming Would July-ke to paint some terrain, my Lord? as I'm pretty sure there is teerain in here, along with Picture time for the battle scene and I'll push my luck for Epic given that I can fill a fair chunk of a 3x3 table here. But other people are clearly going more epic than me so whatever Germ thinks is fine by me!

Thanks for running this challenge BTW Germ.

First up then, my walls & gates:

Then my subway entrance:

And the rooftop access:

Then last but definitely not least, my theatre:

If you are wondering what 'Mefistofele' is, it was the opera featured in Batman Begins that scared lil' Brucie so much that the Waynes left the theatre early...

And to put it all together, a quickly mocked up Batman scene using past oaths including my gaudy statues.

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 31, 2016

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

JerryLee posted:

Clarification on the challenge, can we paint a source of glowing heat (fire, molten metal, etc.) even if we don't do proper OSL?

The oath thread is usually super chill and cool about stuff like this but I figure it doesn't hurt to make sure.

The theme challenge is just that, so yeah you're good!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

wdarkk posted:

I, wdarkk, oath six bases of Razorworms for August (Hawk Wargames, 10mm, white metal).

Its almost like these just got buffed or something.... ;)

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

LordAba posted:

Listen up fleshheads! I have another box of Aetherium to give away. So I will be holding a contest next month.
It will involve painting punk. Cyber punk, steam punk, actual punk. Yay!
It will involve painting clean, surgical, precise. The cold perfection of machine and AI over the disgusting filth.

Double points if you paint something reminiscent of Philip K Dick. Reference a book, reference a movie based on a book. Just love the Dick.

More details will come at the start of next month.

So next months achievement is Just love the Dick?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of August:

Gotham Police Set II, for the Batman Miniatures Game, 32mm scale by Knight Models.
Ambulance (with Gurney), 32mm scale by TTCombat.
Scaffolding (with generator), 32mm by TTCombat.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Grey Hunter posted:

No, the way the connections work mean that switching between an Overseer and a Desolater would be a lot of work - the arc reactor thing fits into the groves the legs of the Desolater come out of.

Every time I hear arc reactor I think the Scourge have made a host of Ironman and started fitting Stark tech onto their stuff. Judging by the rules for that thing they actually might.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete!

Damned nearly screwed up posting this, working over the Uk bank holiday weekend has screwed up my concept of what day it is and I thought I had another 24hours. Last minute rustings applied!

Didn't give myself enough time/chickened out on doing glow effects for the ambulance lights, plus I realised when I was almost done that I have lost the mounting pieces for the back lights so had to greenstuff the holes up instead. :doh:

Isn't this thing just dinky?

Claiming Box Art for my cops. Because there are only so many ways to paint cops!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Hmm, best post this I guess!

I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of September:

1x Njord for Dropzone Commander, 10mm by Hawk Wargames.
1x Arkham City Bane for Batman Miniatures Game, 32mm by Knight Models.
1x Back Alley Accessories set, City Scenics range, 32mm by TTCombat.
1x Fountain Park Set, Old Town Scenics range, 32mm by TTCombat

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Flipswitch posted:

I, Flipswitch, Oath to paint 1x Saint-Petersburg-Class Heavy Cruiser & 2x Jakarta-Class Frigates for Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargames.

I believe the tradition is to post "First!" smugly in these situations.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Flipswitch posted:

If I was going to be a oval office about it I'd post all 5 of my Cruisers and 16 frigates in the background. :v:

My opinion of you is shrivelling btw.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Everyone starts off as being nothing to me and gets up or downgraded into my perception of an actual being that theoretically exists in the real world.

Assuming that you aren't mostly Google constructs anyway. I can only verify two other people I interact with here in reality.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Ilor posted:

So, whoever decided that this month's theme would be yellow? Yeah, gently caress that guy. I'm soaking my poo poo in SuperClean right now because I couldn't get an even enough coat with full coverage without everything looking like thin_your_paints.jpg. Time to crack out the airbrush and be super careful with the black/NMM parts, I guess. Grrrr :argh:

This is why its called a 'challenge'. ;)

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete!

A couple of days ago I was far from certain I'd make it! Technically, the water effect I put in 26hrs ago is still drying/evaporating but otherwise I'm there!

Claiming technical challenge for the adorable bald hobo in his dirty yellow sleeping bag. I tried something different I saw of painting the area brown, washing a watery bright orange over it all then hitting it with the yellow. It gave me that dirty look so maybe it worked?

My first attempt at a water effect! Not sure if I'm doing it right! I mixed in a couple drops of blue and green wash to try and tint the water a little, probably didn't put enough in. I also think I should probably have varnished before I poured it in as I think the paint has reacted slightly? I'm maybe learning stuff here anyway.

Not gonna lie, I'm quite happy with how these turned out with just a little dry brushing.

Tatty old Simpsons couch reporting in!

These guys came with the above accessory set and I wasn't sure about them initially, but they are really growing on me!

I love this guy even if he was a challenge. Those little pipes over his head? They can gently caress right off! That was a pretty stressful bit of assembly as I had to bend, cut down and glue one of them back together after I snapped it to make them even vaguely fit. Should be fun on the table though, reasonably happy with the end result.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of October;

Black Flash for Batman Miniature Game, 32mm by Knight Models.
Trade Goods set, 32mm (ish) by Ainsty Castings.

It's a light oath from me while I eagerly await my Dropfleet kickstarter to arrive and I finish up some other stuff.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Galaspar posted:

For October I, Galaspar, oath the Primarch Mortarion (Forgeworld, Warhammer 30K)

The Death Lord himself, really hoping I do him justice.

Is this as big as it looks?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Arson Fire posted:

Oath Complete!

I like these, if GW has done one thing in the last couple of years to make me even consider giving them money, it is bringing back Hybrids! You will have a nice looking army here I reckon.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete!

I ended up spending most of my hobby time going back to weather and detail terrain while awaiting my Dropfleet stuffs, so it's a simple one for me.

Claiming technical challenge for Black Flash. Because he is mostly black. Had a bit of trouble getting the front shot to focus, hopefully this gets it across.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Yvonmukluk posted:

I think you could probably claim the theme challenge, too - the Black Flash is literally Death, isn't he? That seems appropriately spooky!

I thought it was claim one or the other? But yeah he probably does count!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Meant to post this sooner but time is moving faster than I keep track of what day it is.

I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of November, 3x Jackson APC's and 6x bases of Resistance Fighters for Dropzone Commander, 10mm scale by Hawk Wargames.

My Dropfleet pledge turned up after taking this and my Suicide Squad box arrived this morning so the chances of me making oath additions this month are really damned high!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath addition!

I Ugleb hereby answer the call of spaceships and additionally oath a PHR starter fleet set (3 cruisers, 4 frigates) for Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargamers in something ridiculous scale.

Ugleb posted:

Meant to post this sooner but time is moving faster than I keep track of what day it is.

I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of November, 3x Jackson APC's and 6x bases of Resistance Fighters for Dropzone Commander, 10mm scale by Hawk Wargames.

My Dropfleet pledge turned up after taking this and my Suicide Squad box arrived this morning so the chances of me making oath additions this month are really damned high!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete!

It's that time of the month again where I wonder where all the time went and take crappy pics!

I had adventures with line tape this month. I am experimenting with patterns, the tape itself and what happens when I change my mind and try to paint over stuff. I think I'm getting there. The colour scheme is a variation on my Dropzone PHR, the hull markings I want to denote classes rather than individual ships, hence the repeats on the frigates.

My first Resistance units! Decided on a not-so-realistic high contrast scheme here which I hope will give me a distinctive looking army as I build it up. In a good way.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Mid month so soon? Best crack on!

I Ugleb hereby oath:

One Launch assets pack for Dropfleet Commander, by Hawk Wargames.

One market stall set (5 stalls, two tables and 9 market goods thingies), 35mm scale by TTCombat.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Cat Face Joe posted:

:orks101: July Judgement :orks101:

Third Place (1 Point): Ugleb - This was quite the undertaking. The bricks look great. All the lines are super clean. I think some dirt or grime around the edges would improve but it's still extremely nice.

Cheers! I think I went back to this awhile after the Oath with some model mates, I don't think it changed all that much but I like to think it achieved something. Not gonna lie, tackling that thing was intimidating.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Ashcans posted:

Oath Complete

I painted up my overlords cleric, and went with a red theme to meet this month's challenge. I also sculpted him a festive spring of holly and a big bag of presents. Behold the angriest santa! :toot:

Now I know what you are thinking. Ashcans, what is hell is up with your basing? Why is there a big ugly plinth? Why is it standing in a jar lid? Did you drink too much eggnog? Well, the answer is that when I go festive, I go all in:

He was guarding the tree from anyone on the naughty list this morning:

Merry Christmas, Oathers!

:aaa:

:dance:

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Schmetterling posted:

Oath Complete!

Placeholder photos, hopefully I'll have time to take some nicer ones before New Year.

Including the Journal in the Christmassy themed red white and green.

Also, glitter is now everywhere.

I just got some Beckoners, this would have been a great idea! Alas, a month too late.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete!

Claiming theme challenge for the red, white & green market stalls.

I am pretty pleased with how the canvas stalls turned out, making flat pieces of wood look like 3d fabric is always going to have its limitations but I think it went ok. Decided to go lightly on the weathering but went with a bit around the bottom edges.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of January:

1x Ganymede troop ship, 1x Leonidas battlecruiser, 4x Andromeda frigates and 4x Medea strike carriers for Dropfleet Commander, some absurd scale, by Hawk Wargames.

Plus!

The Pandaman for Batman Miniatures Game, 35mm scale by Knight Models.

Hopefully I'm not oathing too much, I shall find out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Was hoping to get pictures in natural light when I got home today but drat it got dark early. :/ Ah well.

Oath Complete!

Claiming the technical challenge for Pandaman's white booty.

Now, whatever you think of the Suicide Squad movie, this sculpt is probably the best thing to come out of it. It is now my wife's favourite thing in the collection.

• Locked thread