Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of January:

A Cluster pack for Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargames in ridonculos scale.

Batman (Batfleck version) for Batman Miniatures Game by Knight Models, 35mm scale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

NTRabbit posted:

Ugleb's oath photo made it onto usersub :v:

I'm not even sure what that means, did I accidentally win the Internets?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Another rules question, can I claim speed painting on part of an oath? I am pretty much done with all of the military sectors of my little Dropfleet buildings much faster than I expected!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Speed painting!

I finished all of the Military sectors so I'd like to grab a sneaky achievement if I may.

Ugleb posted:

Batman (Batfleck version) for Batman Miniatures Game by Knight Models, 35mm scale.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

SRM posted:

I, SRM, Oath Roboute Guilliman for February (28mm, Forgeworld)

How topical!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Germ posted:

Bonus Point (1 Point) – Ugleb I love the bright, clean paintjob, the crisp lettering, and the fact that the godsdamned thing is an MDF ambulance. This is a solid piece of work!

Cheers! Unexpected points are always nice. :)

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Addition!

Alfred Pennyworth for Batman Miniatures Game, 32mm by Knight Models.

Ugleb posted:

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Feb 19, 2017

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Cat Face Joe posted:

Second Place (2 Points): Ugleb - I don't understand how all of you paint these tiny ships. Paint is clean and smooth especially the blue stripes which must have been a huge pain. The bronze and gray are a nice contrast to the white and blue.

I got a second place? :stare:

Thanks! I am happy with how the colour scheme is working out, although the hull markings are time consuming. I am cutting up tiny pieces of line tape to mask things out and keep my line thicknesses uniform.

Problem is I do have to touch up a lot where paint can run under the tape and I can end up with noticeably thicker coats if I'm not careful. Nice to hear it looks ok anyway though!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

SRM posted:

:agesilaus:OATH COMPLETE:agesilaus:
I painted up Roboute Guilliman! The marble on the base was a nightmare, but the model itself was really fun to paint! I also got to mess around with the 'Eavy Metal painting guide for painting faces from October's White Dwarf, which I followed to get the face. I'm really proud of that part, even if I don't love the cape.

I also magnetized the base so I could stick him on a 40mm base:

Congratulations on your upcoming judges points! Very nice work.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath for the month of February one scratch built explosion. Its made of dropfleet bits and greenstuff mostly.

I am very curious about what you are going to do with this. Debris fields?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete!

Kinda. The oath is done, but with bonus super shiny Batman! Clearly Alfred went crazy with the polishing this month and managed to cover both himself and Master Bruce's new suit in an extra thick lacquer.

Or in other words, I decided they both needed another coat of matt varnish to take the sheen off the gloss undercoat and picked up the wrong bottle. Goddammit!

Claiming speed painting for the military sectors and journal for Batfleck.

Commercial Sectors

Industrial Sectors

Military Sectors

Shiny Batfleck!

Shiny Alfred!

quote:

Speed painting!

I finished all of the Military sectors so I'd like to grab a sneaky achievement if I may.

Ugleb posted:

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 1, 2017

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

JackMack posted:

Imgur? I too am not able to upload

Yup. Went through eventually so I've edited my post. Thought I was going to be doing it through my phone during my tea break tomorrow!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I should really post my oath I guess! Since taking this pic I started on Slipknot, decided it was going badly, stripped and re-primed him. So yeah.

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of March;

Slipknot, Captain Boomerang and Deadshot (Suicide Squad versions) for Batman Miniatures Game, 35mm by Knight Models.
Zambini's Stage Wagon by TTCombat.

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 10, 2017

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

On the season 8 front, personally I kinda figured that season 7 prizes probably weren't going to happen early on as season 6 prizes never got resolved. However, I'm up for continuing to oath regardless as I like to see what everyone else is doing and pushing myself to improve. It is a fun community thing even if I'm not going to get shiny things out of it.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete!

I am quite pleased with how the wood planks came out, and I think the posters look ok. Wasn't too sure where to take the painted parts of the wagon next but I think it turned out well.

Slipknot here (from Suicide Squad) was originally going to be more like the movie colours, but I was so uninspired that I dunked it in stripper and started over. I decided to just go for bright colours because comics.

I like the movie scheme for Deadshot so did something similiar. Got stuck on how to do the gun so went for pimp.

Captain Boomerang I think is going to get a fair bit of table time and I try not to paint all of my Batman stuff as straight copies of the source material, so ditched the usual blues and went with this. Should stand out a bit at tournaments without being too off the wall.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of April, 1x Achilles Cruiser and 4x Calypso frigates, for Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargames.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

As is tradition I failed the first oath of a new season.

And posted about it in the previous seasons thread? ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

In my defence, I am stupid.

A defence that works in all situations!

• Locked thread