Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
How does the diorama work for this month's challenge? Can I paint a couple of dragons, a lone warrior, maybe a backdrop with color pencils, and arrange them on my dinning-room gaming table?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

SatelliteCore posted:

Did you perhaps read the second post of the OP that says :siren:HOW TO OATH YOUR MODELS:siren: here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774261#post459374971 ?

Technically it says how to oath, and a later post says you can do additional oaths, but nothing says if those oaths should have different formatting. I'm guessing not from your reply.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

I, KPC_Mammon, oath for the month of May 2 Privateer Press Angelius.

First time oathing, pretty excited for the coming year of painting!

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Oath Complete!

Technical Challenge: Dragon

I should've taken photos of my progress, because I screwed these guys up pretty bad. Ended up having to strip the paint, remove the wings, apply acetone to clean up the old superglue, and completely start over from scratch.

Here is a photo of them contesting a zone with the soon to be dead Saxon Orrik.

I'd also like to claim the following:
Monster MAY-HEM!
They're multiplying!
They're destroying our village!

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

I, KPC_Mammon, oath for the month of June three Brute thralls and a Skarlock Commander from PrivateerPress.

I'm hoping the Brute Thralls will qualify for this month's technical challenge--they aren't even wearing pants, let alone a shirt!

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Oath Complete

Claiming Technical Challenge since my brute thralls are almost entirely naked, other than a few cybernetic enhancements. Also #SquadGoals, as these four models are part of a larger Mechanithrall unit.

Still trying to figure out how to take good photographs, I think I need a lot more light.

KPC_Mammon posted:

I, KPC_Mammon, oath for the month of June three Brute thralls and a Skarlock Commander from PrivateerPress.

I'm hoping the Brute Thralls will qualify for this month's technical challenge--they aren't even wearing pants, let alone a shirt!

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

I, KPC_Mammon, oath to paint this Convergence of Cyriss Attunement Servitor from Privateer Press for the month of July.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

KPC_Mammon posted:

I, KPC_Mammon, oath to paint this Convergence of Cyriss Attunement Servitor from Privateer Press for the month of July.

Oath Complete!

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

I, KPC_Mammon, oath these seven 28mm? PanO miniatures from Corvus Belli's Operation Icestorm.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Oath Complete

KPC_Mammon posted:

I, KPC_Mammon, oath these seven 28mm? PanO miniatures from Corvus Belli's Operation Icestorm.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

I, KPC_Mammon, oath that I'll paint this 2nd edition Warhammer 40k Space Marine (28mm) from Games Workshop.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

KPC_Mammon posted:

I, KPC_Mammon, oath that I'll paint this 2nd edition Warhammer 40k Space Marine (28mm) from Games Workshop.

Oath Complete!

Technical Challenge: Yellow
Speed Painting!

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

KPC_Mammon posted:

Oath Addition: Mobile Brigada from Corvus Belli's 28mm Infinity.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

KPC_Mammon posted:

KPC_Mammon posted:

Oath Addition: Mobile Brigada from Corvus Belli's 28mm Infinity.

KPC_Mammon posted:

Oath Complete!

Technical Challenge: Yellow
Speed Painting!

Oath Complete!

Nomad Mobile Brigada is for the Punks Love Dick contest; Infinity is pretty cyberpunk, with the Nomad faction being some of the most "punk" in the setting.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

I, KPC_Mammon, oath to paint this Hero Quest Mummy

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

KPC_Mammon posted:

I, KPC_Mammon, oath to paint this Hero Quest Mummy

Oath Complete!

I was really hoping to paint up some black CA from Infinity, but I ended up not having much free time this month (or last month). Luckily this spooky mummy is ready for Halloween.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

KPC_Mammon posted:

Oath Complete!

I was really hoping to paint up some black CA from Infinity, but I ended up not having much free time this month (or last month). Luckily this spooky mummy is ready for Halloween.

I just realized that this qualifies for journal due to being a mummy. What is the best way to append my post?

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

I, KPC_Mammon, oath to paint these four Mobile Brigada from Corvus Belli during the month of December.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

KPC_Mammon posted:

I, KPC_Mammon, oath to paint these four Mobile Brigada from Corvus Belli during the month of December.

Oath complete.

Claiming journal, since they are red.

• Locked thread