Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Ashcans posted:

As for the monthly theme, uh, I guess I can say that this oath is dragon me back into painting? v:v:v Maybe I'll add something else that fits if I can get this done.

How about "Girl with the dragon tattoo"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Oath threads have been a fun excuse to motivate my lazy self, even If I fail as many oaths as I succeed.

I Weirdo Oath one Dragon + Elven lord :vd: (Mantic games, 28mm) and six Bones orcs (Reaper, 28mm).

The dragon is the older metal dragon and iirc has been replaced with a new plastic one. The orcs are from the Bones 2 core set and are sculpted by Tre Manor, who has done several kickstarters, and makes great musclemens.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oath Addition - Seven gnolls from the Reaper Bones line, 28mm.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oath Failed, I keep biting off more than I can chew and losing my free time. Welp, first entry for whale saving of the year.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath five figures - From right to left: two Reaper Bones ("Bat Demon" and "Dark Heaven Dwarf Warrior"), two from Mantic Games(metal abyssal dwarf and succubus infantry), and from one from Titan Forge (one Metal Beard warmachine crewman). An eclectic mix for a Kings of War Dwarf and Abyssal Dwarf armies, and to experiment with some army colours.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

goodness posted:

The way you painted his eyes makes him look very intense, not too relaxing :p

He just remembered he forgot to tell his boss he was taking the day off.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oaf Complete! Five figures, to be used in abyssal dwarf and dwarven Kings of War armies. The picture is a little low on detail, but I'm on vacation (staying at a winery in the Okanagan valley :canada:)

Claiming Technical Challenge for the Bat Demon, or succubi.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

jodai posted:

Holy cow, I love the picture above me.

The view makes me want to dig out the magic white and Bob Ross up the landscape.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Business Gorillas posted:

so i failed my oath last month :cripes:

i can save the whales, right? how does that work, exactly?

Quote the original post where you first oathed, and then also post show an updated pictures of the minis, with whatever progress you made.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath six Malifaux gremlins, "The Bushwhackers". 28mm, Malifaux, with renedra wooden fencing on the bases.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:orks101: I Weirdo Oath one Greater Stone Golem and 8 Fleabag riders, both 28mm and from Mantic.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:frogsiren: I Weirdo, Oath ten Dwarf Ironwatch and one Loka Griffon, by Mantic, and one Halfling Apprentice by Stonehaven miniatures (all 28mm).

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:hellyeah: Oath Complete!

Ten mantic ironwatch, dwarves with shotguns and fire giant colours.

One Loka piece, a canary griffon for Technical Challenge: Yellow

And one Stonehaven mini with some amateur osl, any advice on improvements would be appreciated!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:woop: I Weirdo Oath one Goblin Ninja by Reaper (28mm), 5 steel warriors, one skeletal jester, and two pieces of gaming tools, all by Mantic 28mm.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete - Challenge for either black goblin or skeleton

Funny bones

Future dwarves

Goblin ninja

Also a bonus shot of the same mini from 2-3 years ago.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath 8 kobold bones by reaper, and 3 mantic orcs, all 28mm. Most are zenithal primed, and the blueish figure was an ink test to see how it pooled on raw bonesium.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete! Three orcs and eight kobolds, I'm claiming the Journal for the orange.

Orc wizard and apprentice

Orc tracer, made from the spare parts of a deadzone hero, skips leg day.

Rainbow kobolds~

Same white kobold just with a different background

Orange!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
On my plate this month - I Weirdo Oath five Mantic minis - 2 Dreadball marauders, 2 Stormrage Veterans, and one Dungeon Saga Hellhound, all 28mm.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete! Claiming both Technical challenge for all the red, and Box Art for the two marauders.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo oath five Mawbeasts, two Marauders, and one goblin, all 28mm by Mantic from the Deadzone line.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete! Some more orcs and gobbos for my orc army.

5 mawbeasts

Greenskins

Warīhum quwitak!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Weirdo posted:

Oath Complete! Some more orcs and gobbos for my orc army.

5 mawbeasts

Warīhum quwitak!

whoops forgot to claim my white challenge on the fur and cloak :doh:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath five figures - 1 Deadzone rainmaker, 1 Mars Attacks Gorilla Handler, 1 Dungeon Saga Dwarf Bartender, 1 Abyssal dwarf (all Mantic, 28mm), and one Kashan Vra soldier from Titan Forge (28mm).

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

NTRabbit posted:

I happened to be browsing imgur usersub around the time you uploaded your oath picture, and it showed up in the recently posted

I keep thinking I'm going to accidentally do this one of these days :v:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

:orks101: ``Next time me say we go Bolivia``

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete! Claiming Journal for TV Character and Backstory.

Mars Attacks Gorilla Handler as Captain Kirk

Backstory: Mirror Universe Kirk`s duel with the Mirror Universe Gorn Captain lasted several years instead of hours. This allowed for Mirror Kirk to use his mining skills, his blacksmith and woodworking skills, and his considerable knowledge of 20th century Earth firearms to create a suitable weapon. With it he was easily able to defeat the Mirror Universe`s Gorn Captain, whose cries for mercy fell on deaf ears.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

wdarkk posted:

It's nice to just set deadlines for myself in a semi-public fashion.

Agreed, it helps motivate my lazy rear end. Speaking of which:

I Weirdo Oath 14 figures for the rest of March - 9 Dungeon Saga figures by Mantic (2 ogres, 2 orc archers, 2 orc ax, 2 morax, 1 chief), 3 resin objective markers from Frostgrave (North Star Games), 1 GW Stabba Sneak, and 1 Lifetaker from DGS games, all 28mm.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oath failed, my can of quickshade dip had dried out to mush, so I had to pick up a new one.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo oath the following four 28mm figures: One Dungeon Saga hero Arianya (by Mantic), one Reaper Scarecrow the Flesh Golem, One Frostgrave Barbarian, and one Ral Partha "Dwarf With No Name."

Dwarf with No Name is nearly as old as me.

Weirdo fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Apr 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Edit: Whoops wrong oath thread!

But again, great goblins NTRabbit

• Locked thread