Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I, The Moon Monster, Oath for the month of January 4x Tethru Warriors from Crocodile Games.

Just started painting last month, so these will be minis 12-15 for me.

Fun fact, I took this while holding the 4 minis with my left hand, my phone in the right, and balancing my floor lamp on my head to try to improve the lighting. I'll have them based and try for a daytime picture for my completion post so hopefully the quality will be much better.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jan 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath Complete

I finished these awhile ago but waited awhile to post them to try and get nice pictures (gave up :v:)

The paint jobs on the manufacturer's web site have them painted like storks or something, but I only have like 14 colors, 1 of which is scarlet, so I went for Scarlet Ibises. I think they came out pretty well, although I kinda suck at highlighting their arms properly. I also have no idea what those cylinders hanging off of their right sides are supposed to be.

Bonus picture of them with their buds in various states of assembly (not part of my oath)

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I The Moon Monster oath 2 figures for February 2017 - 1 Tethru Musician and 1 Tethru Standard Bearer from Crocodile Games. (28mm).

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath Addition!
Tethru Hero (Includes: Baboon Servant!) by Crocodile Games, 28mm.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath complete

Tethru Standard Bearer and Musician

Tehtru Hero (Includes: Baboon Servant!)

The hieroglyphics on the banner were my first attempt at free handing anything. I wish I could have fit more of them on there and had them a bit less blurry. Apart from that and the monkey, who I was going for a golden tamarin look with, I'm pretty happy these.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 26, 2017

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Zark the Damned posted:

Looking good, but those pics need your name if you want credit :)

Woops, fixed.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I, The Moon Monster oath 1 Tethru Priest (28mm) by Crocodile games for the month of March.

and here it is:

I spent all my free time in March playing all those amazing videogames that came out or painting stuff I didn't want to oath. And I forgot to post my initial oath picture before painting him, hope that's ok.

I love how buff this guy is. I guess krill must have lots of protein. Claiming the theme challenge because he's both green and clearly all about growth, especially of your lats.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I The Moon Monster oath a Tethru Master of Words (28mm) by Crocodile Games and a Orc Chaos Mage (28mm I guess) by WizKids

The Chaos Mage is a pre-painted mini from the old Mageknight minis game, so I was going to paint it for the theme challenge. I could have sworn I read that posting pre-painted minis in their out of the box state was acceptable for oathing, but now I can't actually find a rule addressing pre-painted mans anywhere in the OP. FWIW I'm planning on completely re-doing it, not just touching up the existing paint job.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath addition, 1 Tethru Scribe by Crocodile Games (28mm)

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath addition, 1 Harbinger of Thoth by Crocodile Games (28mm)

I had some unexpected free time so I thought I'd do the last of these guys for the group photo shot. Last addition, promise!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath Complete

Here's the Tethru Scribe, Harbinger of Thoth and Tethru Master of Words

and for the Theme an old Mage Knight Chaos Mage. This is only from 2000, but it's a pre-paint from a booster pack so hopefully it can at least rival the older minis in crumminess. Here's what it originally looked like. No idea why it ended up so glossy, must have something to do with the material the mini was made of or the paint I painted over.

And here's everything I oathed this year (well, I only participated the last 4 months) for the All For One photo.

• Locked thread