Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Well I was gonna oath for some other stuff but I happen to have a dragon I was looking forward to practicing airbrushing with so welp:

I, forums poster tallkidwithglasses, oath to paint a fuckin dragon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
OATH COMPLETE
claiming WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS?!

Imgur gallery with some more shots and WIPs

This guy was so much fun to paint, there's just something about a really well hand-sculpted metal model. I got an airbrush a couple of weeks ago and this ended up being a perfect opportunity to practice techniques-- turns out I'm never going back to brushing basecoats on large models ever again.

tallkidwithglasses fucked around with this message at 00:08 on May 15, 2016

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Zark the Damned posted:

:siren: If I have missed you let me know ASAP, I will conduct the draw this weekend at a yet to-be determined time. Good luck everyone!

I think the Google doc is correct for me but I painted a cool dragon so I should be eligible for the drawing right? Or did I post badly.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I, forums user tallkidwithglasses, oath to paint this trio of jetbikes in June. Also give the riders arms and stuff.

Can I get a ruling on whether this is ok for the #squadgoals achievement? They're a little smaller than vehicles, which is a squad of 2+, and quite a bit bigger than mans, which is a squad of 4+. Is 3 ok?

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Welp, broke a finger on my dominant hand last night. This months oath is gonna be reeeeeeal interesting.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

malal posted:

That's what I call tossing the gauntlet.

You really wanna remind this forum poster that one of the Perrys lost his HAND in a cannon, and still manages to be one of the best sculptors of our generation?

Actually, kudos! Get back on the horse, soldier. Hold the brush different, or paint with your toes.

Haha, actually when I realized my hand was gonna be hosed up for a while and considering painting things is one of my favorite ways to de-stress and relax I totally thought of Michael Perry. He's my spirit animal until the splint comes off, and I think I'll do the WIP photo achievement thing to document for all of you my struggles in either figuring out a technique to work around the bandages or just attempting to paint things right handed. Oath is by no means over!

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Ok posting a couple WIP photos to contribute for the achievement. The finger is definitely annoying, but it isn't stopping me from anything so far. I haven't gotten to the fine detail though.

I started by airbrushing some cardboard to see what it'd be like to work with a splint.

I broke my ring finger, so I have my usual paintbrush-holding fingers available, but the splint has been occasionally getting in the way of things, I can't really grip as firmly as usual and it gets sore over time or if I brace against it.

Silver on the bikes:

Base coat and broad highlight:

Wash and a little attempted cleanup:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Ok posting a couple WIP photos to contribute for the achievement. The finger is definitely annoying, but it isn't stopping me from anything so far. I haven't gotten to the fine detail though.

I started by airbrushing some cardboard to see what it'd be like to work with a splint.

I broke my ring finger, so I have my usual paintbrush-holding fingers available, but the splint has been occasionally getting in the way of things, I can't really grip as firmly as usual and it gets sore over time or if I brace against it.

Silver on the bikes:

Base coat and broad highlight:

Wash and a little attempted cleanup:

Continuing the WIPs:

Got two pins in my finger which made it hurt like hell but got me a free afternoon of sweet sweet Vicodin and painting. Finished up the bikes:

Then this weekend I had a painting date with a buddy and worked on the mans:

A little more polish and I'm calling this OATH COMPLETE

Claiming #squadgoals and WIP photos achievements for this one too. I have this dumb splint on all summer so I'm looking forward to making scenery next month.

tallkidwithglasses fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jun 16, 2016

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I, tallkidwithglasses, oath to turn this spackle and water effects and tiny bridges into a tabletops worth of 6mm scale streams and rivers

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Oath addition! I tallkidwithglasses oath to paint this ironclad and fort too.

If I'm making all these drat rivers I might as well have stuff to fight on them with.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
++OATH COMPLETE++

Claiming lifes a beach for all dem water effects and would july'd to make some scenery m'lord because that's some scenery. Hope it counts for epic- two different complete sets for my 4x4 table!

Battle reports!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3248082&perpage=40&pagenumber=239#post462687926

editing in oath posts:

I, tallkidwithglasses, oath to turn this spackle and water effects and tiny bridges into a tabletops worth of 6mm scale streams and rivers

Oath addition! I tallkidwithglasses oath to paint this ironclad and fort too.

If I'm making all these drat rivers I might as well have stuff to fight on them with.

tallkidwithglasses fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jul 31, 2016

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I, forums user tallkidwithglasses, oath to paint this here warshrine from eBay, originally from GW this month

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Germ posted:

Would July-ke to paint some terrain, my Lord?

Holy smokes but it looks like y'all painted a boatload of terrain in July! By my count that's a total of 56 entries into the drawing. Please take a look at the poorly formatted list below and let me know if I missed any entries. I'll leave this up for about a week and then do the drawing.

Entries Name Terrain Epic Picture Rules
1 The Impaler 1 0 0 0
2 tallkidwithglasses 1 1 0 0
1 Scowny 1 0 0 0
3 Lord Hypnostache 1 1 1 0
2 headlor 1 1 0 0
3 Ugleb 1 1 1 0
3 Indolent Bastard 1 1 0 1
1 Grey Hunter 1 0 0 0
3 Red Shoe 1 1 1 0
4 Dr. Gargunza 1 1 1 1
3 GoodBee 1 1 1 0
4 Nichol 1 1 1 1
4 NTRabbit 1 1 1 1
2 moths 1 1 0 0
1 Pash 1 0 0 0
2 jubelio 1 1 0 0
1 enri 1 0 0 0
3 JerryLee 1 0 1 1
1 Ilor 1 0 0 0
2 Lord _Hambrose 1 1 0 0
2 LordAba 1 0 0 1
4 Zark the Damned 1 1 1 1
1 Electric Hobo 1 0 0 0
1 nesbit37 1 0 0 0
1 Loxbourne 1 0 0 0
1 head58 1 0 0 0

Sorry to be a bother but I included battle reports, cross posted from the historical thread. I didn't bold it though, my bad.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
OATH COMPLETE

I really dislike this model. There's just way too much going on, and it's just stupidly huge- it's like twice as tall as galrauch. Painting it colorful was fun though.

Claiming feeling hot hot hot, I guess for the technical but the theme counts too.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I tallkidwithglasses oath this punchy smashfucker from privateer press for september

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

I tallkidwithglasses oath this punchy smashfucker from privateer press for september

Oath addition, also this speeder from GW:china:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
++OATH COMPLETE++

I like how my speeder looks like a Batmobile but it ended up being strictly a tabletop model, nothing special.

The warmachine thing, though, is one of my favorite models I've ever painted. It was my first time using powders and oils and holy poo poo, I'm so happy with the effects.

Claiming dickpunk I guess for the robit. No thanks on the yellow, ugh.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I, tallkidwithglasses, oath this consul in terminator armor from GW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

I, tallkidwithglasses, oath this consul in terminator armor from GW

OATH COMPLETE

Claiming speed painting:

• Locked thread