Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
I am also jumping back into this after I think oathing once way way back when. Currently in the process of actually figuring out what I have got, before deciding on oathing something. Probably only a little bit to start off with, thinking kicking off with 30k Alpha Legion since I have a trip to Warhammer World/Forge World coming up..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne

I, Scowny, oath that I will paint these 5 28mm GW Alpha Legion Headhunters

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne

Scowny posted:

Finished these guys so I'm gonna add to the Oath!

I, Scowny, oath in addition the 28mm GW Gamesday 2009 Exalted Hero. I figure this guy will count for the Theme challenge?

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
Edit: Taken better pictures here, so redoing my post.

Scowny fucked around with this message at 19:03 on May 31, 2016

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
OATH COMPLETE

Scowny posted:

Scowny posted:

Finished these guys so I'm gonna add to the Oath!

I, Scowny, oath in addition the 28mm GW Gamesday 2009 Exalted Hero. I figure this guy will count for the Theme challenge?

Gonna claim #SquadGoals for the Alpha Legion Headhunters and the Theme Challenge for the Chaos Hero. Had a lot of fun painting them, definitely on board with this monthly painting thing. Just trying to find something that fits the next monthly challenge!

Let me know if the pictures need resizing or whatever, this is the first time I've taken "proper" photos of my stuff.

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
I, Scowny, oath to paint Autillon Skorr (Forgeworld 28mm) in June

My basic plan I think is gonna be paint something Alpha Legion and also something that meets the challenge. Got a Scibor barbarian on the way, hopefully I'll have enough time to get him painted too!

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
I, Scowny, oath in addition, this 28/30mm Scibor Barbarian (the website can't decide what scale it is apparently)

Aaaand I already finished it:

Going for the monthly challenge (either of them, I figure), and the Speed Painting achievement

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
Oath Complete!

Going for the Theme and/or Technical Challenge on the Barbarian, he looks pretty chilled out to me! Also going for the Speed Painting achievement:
Hopefully in July I get more time to paint, I'm liking making actual progress on my Alpha Legion!

Edit: still can't figure out what I want to Base Skorr with, hence his nakedness at present. There was talk about bases not being necessary, that's not something I've made up, right?

Scowny fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jun 29, 2016

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
I, Scowny, hereby Oath to paint this GW Crashed Aquila Lander and 6 Urban Barricades (28mm)

Only had the things for what, 10 years? About time they got painted.

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
Oath Complete!
Really had hoped to get more done, but life is busy and all that poo poo. Still, here is a submission for the Would July-ke to paint some terrain, my Lord?, the GW crashed Aquila Lander, and Cities of Death Urban Barricades:

Running theme for me here, I'll see about getting better pictures up when I can, but don't want to miss the Oath deadline!

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne

Zark the Damned posted:

Okay, the spreadsheet is now up to date, please be sure to go check it's correct. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CjBdEM06ehsHI_IGCRx-Ls-j3Mw3vCoZ02a83yBnRtA/edit?ts=57292533#gid=14

Also as it's the end of the third month, we'll be doing first quarter prizes soon (I think) and people should start getting 'Apprentice' achievements if you've done all three months!

Only a handful of Oathbreakers this time around, may you wear your red names in shame (in the spreadsheet anyway)!

Scowny posted:

I, Scowny, oath in addition, this 28/30mm Scibor Barbarian (the website can't decide what scale it is apparently)

Aaaand I already finished it:

Going for the monthly challenge (either of them, I figure), and the Speed Painting achievement
Unless you can't Oath and Complete in the same post?

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
I, Scowny, oath these three 28mm FW Quad Mortars & Crew for the month of August

I took the picture on the 9th, start painting last Saturday, almost finished. I need to up my Oath game.

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
Oath Complete

Not gonna say it's my best work, but lots been going on, just happy to have more stuff painted. Also, bonus shot of a mini-diorama sort of something I really should finish!

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
Could kick myself. I've finally got round to priming my Oath for this month, sat down and thought "Oh I'll just top up the white before my photo". Then put a wash on it to start painting. Zark, would I still be able to oath this, either as is or using the cheevo?

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne

Zark the Damned posted:

I guess it depends on the level of wash and whether you've done different colours, personally I'd say a single wash'd be about the same level of pre-preparing as a zenithal undercoat so it's be OK with me.
Meant to Oath this when you replied, and thought "Oh I'll do it in the morning". And then SA got DDoS'd! Anyway, it was just a single wash, I'll oath it, let's see if it's ok:
I, Scowny, Oath this GW 28mm Space Marine Captain for the month of September

I've been working on it anyway, was aiming to make it an Imperial Fist. Yellow is hard but worth it!

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
Oath Complete!
I'm a firm believer that this thread is great for forcing me to learn new techniques and ways to paint. In this case, it has taught me never paint yellow again.

I've already seen a whole bunch of things I know I could've improved on but it was a rushjob to get it done in time for the deadline. Really need to start earlier..
Edit: oh and obviously claiming the Technical challenge

Scowny fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Sep 30, 2016

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
I, Scowny, oath to paint one Expeditionary Navigator (28mm Forgeworld), as well as Dianne Tianseen & Tarko Stahlen of Sayx Enterprises (Fallen Frontier, 28mm by Scale Games), in the month of October

The Navigator has been sat around in my collection for a while now, and the Sayx Enterprises stuff was gifted by a guy who'd got extra from the Kickstarter. Looking to get the box art cheevo with them two, and hopefully the challenge for painting black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
Oath complete

Internet is hosed so having to do this on mobile, which is fun to say the least. Speaking of fun, really not in the groove at the moment, it was a struggle getting motivated on these three.

Going for jurnal with the black of the not-comissar, and Box art on her and her buddy. I'll get artwork asap, it's been hard enough uploading the photo so it might be a day or two.

Edit: Oh yeah kinda need the name. Added.

Scowny fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 31, 2016

• Locked thread