Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Uncle Wemus posted:

Al barely won his seat and has been pretty drat disappointing. Klobachar too.

Boooooo

Boooooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx
MIGF, while we're on Franken... exactly how embarrassing would you say the electoral history of Norm Coleman is?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Thump! posted:

Nah, it's gon' be Castro.

Fidel, not Julian.
Nah, Fidel is going to be her Supreme Court Nom

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Geoff Peterson posted:

MIGF, while we're on Franken... exactly how embarrassing would you say the electoral history of Norm Coleman is?

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

This makes so much sense that you'd prop up a very lackluster beer. Especially considering Goose Islands other selections.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Bloody Queef posted:

This makes so much sense that you'd prop up a very lackluster beer. Especially considering Goose Islands other selections.

Ask Norm Coleman how he feels about 312 sometime, I loving dare you.

He is such a tiny, angry man over 312.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Bloody Queef posted:

I think Goose Island has fallen off.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Al Franken is VP, Hillary is forced to resign after 2 months because of indictment, Al Franken makes the same awful jokes about becoming the first Jewish president without even trying for 4 years

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013

EugeneJ posted:

Al Franken is VP, Hillary is forced to resign after 2 months because of indictment, Al Franken makes the same awful jokes about becoming the first Jewish president without even trying for 4 years

Reelected by a landslide when the entire state of Minnesota sends tater-tot hotdish and Grainbelt to every voter in the country.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
Goose Island's IPA seemed p dece to me as gas station beers go

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Goose Island Bourbon Barrel is really good.
For IPAs check out Barrier Money, or Prairie Bomb.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Goose Island's IPA seemed p dece to me as gas station beers go

You should be getting your fingers on some of them Four Sisters, where Goose Island really shines.

I love saisons!!!!

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

I am not a book posted:

Reelected by a landslide when the entire state of Minnesota sends tater-tot hotdish and Grainbelt to every voter in the country.

We'll teach the other 49 states how to hold a goddamn State Fair worth a drat, that's for sure. :getin:

itstime4lunch
Nov 3, 2005

clockin' around
the clock
Clinton / Chomsky 2016 -- You can take that to the bank.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I don't know a lot about him, but Xavier Becerra seems like he'd be a better choice than Castro in terms of experience and languaging.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/10/us/politics/as-xavier-becerra-stirs-crowds-hispanic-democrats-see-a-running-mate.html?_r=0

anonymous source posted:

One national Spanish-language television journalist framed the choices in the context of the entertainers Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony. “J.Lo has been able to cross the borders of language because of her fame, but Marc Anthony is much more famous in Spanish communities than she is, because he sings in Spanish,” said the journalist, who asked not to be identified to safeguard his professional objectivity.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i don't know a good place to look to see every congressperson's seniority in all their committees (does anybody? i'd love to see it) but apparently becerra's 34th overall in seniority in the house, so i bet he's in line to have real power if the demmycrats ever win the loving house in his lifetime. he's already chair of the house democratic caucus, although if he saw that as his ceiling he'd probably love to be vp

(i'm kind of surprised that a guy who showed up in '93 is already 34th in seniority but i guess there aren't as many million-term reps as i'd thought)

the point being, his personal cost-benefit analysis probably is in favor of staying in the house

edit: ok i shouldve read the article. they say he's the #4 ranking democrat and is 58 years old then they try to call that being 'blocked'? they do have this:

quote:

In an interview, Mr. Becerra candidly agreed that he would accept such an offer
so i suppose that gives the lie to my fake-rear end mind-reading

the three blocking him are 76 (pelosi and hoyer) and 75 (clyburn); the dude is in an amazing position to be a leader for a long drat time if he decides to stay where he is

the article reminded me that he tried and disastrously failed to become the mayor of LA so i guess even in his position the basic intolerableness of the house of representatives is hard to ignore

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 04:52 on Jun 1, 2016

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

On the other hand, the way they describe his willingness to accept makes it sound as if he's not actually being considered. If he was, he'd probably say "I don't know, we'll see, but let's not get ahead of ourselves." Or something to that extent.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Trump/Newt vs. Hillary/Franken: the 90s are back, baby.

firebeats
May 8, 2016

shiksa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klQTj76Qo9k

firebeats has issued a correction as of 10:52 on Jun 1, 2016

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

shiksa posted:

I like this.

I miss the 90s. :smith:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Boy i hope not

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew/status/741331352369434624
hillary's pick will tell us so much about bernie voters and what her internal polling shows

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

what's rahm up to? he'd fit into a hillary administration imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

thethreeman posted:

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew/status/741331352369434624
hillary's pick will tell us so much about bernie voters and what her internal polling shows

I will be so sad if she goes with Kaine.

• Locked thread