Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

eames posted:

Vendors must be wondering who’s still buying all those 8600Ks and 750tis in late 2019 when it’s actually readers of the OP.
The “luxury overclocker” build also recommends a Z270 board with a 8700K which afaik doesn’t even work out of the box (if at all).

Maybe it is time to just link a to site like logicalincrements.com instead of giving outdated component recommendations.

Don't report your own post (???) if you think an OP is out of date. Contact the OP if you would like an update, or agree here to start a new thread if you're volunteering to maintain an OP. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

eames posted:

I thought that was the encouraged way to get attention of mods, but apparently that was on a different sub forum. OP appears to be busy with other things, I’ll just leave it be. Worth a try to save people from buying quad cores in 2020. :shobon:

It is, but your report also made no sense and didn't even mention that. I can't be responsible for maintaining OPs, and it's not appropriate for me to edit others posts without permission like that. Please start a new megathread if the current OP has vanished, I would be happy to lock this one and direct people to the new one, sticky it, whatever. That's how this kind of issue should be handled!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

eames posted:

mods don’t have he time/expertise to keep user content updated....also understand that modifying user content can be questionable

This is it right here. Thank you for understanding. Please feel free to ping me when a new OP is ready/posted, and I can close this one, link to the new one, etc. Cheers.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

New thread here, tyvm: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903626

e: god I suck, now the URL is right

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Nov 12, 2019