Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Welp, I didn't touch it, but apparently the magic that got my computer running dried up, the thing shut down during a game of Overwatch and won't boot back up. Tried reseating stuff, no joy. I'm guessing it's a bad power supply, the lights on the motherboard turn on, but the power buttons (case and mobo) do nothing except the occasional click. Gonna take it back to the repair shop and see if it fixes itself again, and if not, they can test the parts to see if I need to RMA anything. :suicide: That said, it's a goddamn monster when it wants to run!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Lprsti99 posted:

Welp, I didn't touch it, but apparently the magic that got my computer running dried up, the thing shut down during a game of Overwatch and won't boot back up. Tried reseating stuff, no joy. I'm guessing it's a bad power supply, the lights on the motherboard turn on, but the power buttons (case and mobo) do nothing except the occasional click. Gonna take it back to the repair shop and see if it fixes itself again, and if not, they can test the parts to see if I need to RMA anything. :suicide: That said, it's a goddamn monster when it wants to run!

Update, appears to be the mobo. Upside, I'm still within Amazon's one month return period, so a replacement is already shipping out.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Welp, it was not the motherboard that died. :suicide: