Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Dead Goon posted:

It's more hardware I suppose, and you will need to fashion it into some kind of hat like shape.

What in your opinion is crazy about people not wanting their computing habits tracked and phoned home?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Not really a PC building question but I wanna pick up a couple of 1+ TB external hard drives. One should be semi portable that I can (gently) throw into a bag now and then. Another will probably just sit at a desk permanently plugged in. Neither will be used for any sort of backup as I manage my own anyway. Should “just work” plugged into either/both a Windows/Linux machine without having to install any of the manufacturers shitware.

Also I’ve accumulated something like 3 spare/old SSDs from various years ago of various brands ranging from 100-250 GB or so each. What are good 2.5” SSD enclosures that I can use to make them into physically huge flash drives?

What brands/gotchas should I be looking for?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

You can still buy (cheap) Win7 keys and essentially convert them to Win10 keys?

Does that include the professional editions?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

If I were to buy a RX 580 next week, which brand would I want to get?