Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

A bit of a vague question I realise: Are blower cards still able to run in a fanless/silent mode under low loads (similar to the Asus Strix range), or does the design prevent the heatsink area required to run in a truly passive mode?

I'm looking to replace my severely ageing i7 920 & 560ti system with something more modern and probably a 1080, but I'd like the challenge/outcome of working within the NCase M1. I realise this restricts my choices a lot, so I'm in no rush to get the new gen on day one and find it won't fit, but I'd like some vague idea of what my choices may be. As far as I'm aware the biggest thing to look out for with this case is the extra height on the GPU, as AVeryLargeRadish just posted about the MSi cards..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

VulgarandStupid posted:

I'm waiting for this: https://www.dan-cases.com/
Discussion: https://hardforum.com/threads/dan-a4-sfx-the-smallest-gaming-case-in-the-world.1799326/page-114

But, you could buy 5-6 of those SG13B's for the price of that case, when the crowdfunding finally opens. And you're only shaving off 3 liters, while losing support for a closed loop cooler.

Urgh. I've recently been obsessing over the NCase M1 and now you link to that? I guess the M1's more conventional layout can take aftermarket coolers (and overclocking), where that looks like it only has clearance for stock..