Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It's weird how everyone knows how this is going to go, but the narrative still has to wait until Indiana's done before moving on to "Trump is a lock for 1237+". Even so, media and political figures probably won't go further than conceding it's very likely for another month until California makes it official.

There's so much left to do in the lead-up to the convention and so many questions left to answer, like Trump's VP, what'll go down with the rules committee, whether the campaign will get to run the convention, which Republican figures will endorse and which ones will go into hiding... but we can't get to any of that until Trump has definitively got those delegates, no matter how certain it seems beforehand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I actually forgot Kasich was in this race until seeing his name just now. Everyone's talking about how this is Cruz's last stand but he and Kasich are both mathematically eliminated and it's not like Kasich has any better a chance of stopping Trump from getting 1237. Are people not talking about him because it's pointless for him to even concede defeat, he's so out of contention?

One of the reasons people thought he was staying in the race was so that he could claim to be a contender in Cleveland unlike those who've dropped out, if Cruz wants to try some last-minute rules committee play doesn't he need to stay in too and try to scoop the last few rural states so he can get enough people on the committee to take control? In essence, all that winning today really does is confirm that Trump's going to have 1237+ pledged on the first ballot.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It would almost be worth it for the final numbers in Indiana to show Cruz + Kasich numbers combined are higher than Trump's, just so all the melting down #NeverTrumps can flip their poo poo about Kasich's vote-splitting handing Trump the nomination. Also to show how worthless the "alliance" was except to hurt their image.

Of course a Trump > 50% blowout would also be great to drive home how hopeless they were from the start.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Immortan posted:

:ironicat:

This post has no merit because you consistently and categorically deny Hillary's role in silencing victims of her husband's vicious sexual violence.

Let him who is without sin, shove the first big black cock.

• Locked thread