Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bill Dungsroman posted:

My condo is goony because my dining room is an office/nerd control center but it's come along over the years

Picture is a month or two old, when I was in the throes of a Darkest Dungeon binge and hadn't finished sorting out the shelves against the wall.

That looks like a nice chair. Mine is falling apart after 10 years of my rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

thathonkey posted:

that's actually the reason they disowned me. they'll see though. who will be laughing when i win the eSports DOTA championship and bring home a cool $5000... worth of razer merchandise and energy drinks?
lol $5000 for winning a DOTA competition

nice job going to the local LAN in Pakistan

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
PakisLAN

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

symbolic posted:

lol $5000 for winning a DOTA competition

nice job going to the local LAN in Pakistan

theyre the only ones i can beat cause theyve never heard of esports and i have no idea
what DOTA is to be completely honest

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

it's disturbing me how many of these goon hovels have computer monitors with what looks like anime mmos open on them

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Darth123123 posted:

That looks like a nice chair. Mine is falling apart after 10 years of my rear end.

As was mine. It's nothing special as far as chairs go, but I like it: http://www.wayfair.com/Flash-Furniture-Hercules-Series-High-Back-Leather-Executive-Chair-FFC1537.html

Got most of my furniture off Wayfair, actually. Got a line of credit and redid my whole place.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

thathonkey posted:

theyre the only ones i can beat cause theyve never heard of esports and i have no idea
what DOTA is to be completely honest
it's a valve game that was made to ensure that nerds never reproduce

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

symbolic posted:

it's a valve game that was made to ensure that nerds never reproduce

Actually it's a Warcraft 3 mod that eventually got plagiarized by Riot Games into League of Legends. So in an effort to get market share on this "new" MOBA game style Valve made their own by hiring the original Defense of the Ancients team and actually calling DOTA by its original name. Valves version failed because no one cared and League of Legends already existed and people had sunk too much time to switch games. Recently Blizzard made their own version called Heroes of the Storm and frankly I enjoy it than any other version because once again I find myself playing DOTA with actual Warcraft characters as God intended.

I'm gay and I don't play MOBAs though and only play WoW and GTA Online. Thanks for reading my garbage post.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Please don't turn this into a video game discussion. Go back to posting pictures of your hovels.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Windows 98 posted:

Please don't turn this into a video game discussion. Go back to posting pictures of your hovels.

Speaking of video games when is the GBS rpg beta dropping

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

8 track betamax posted:

Speaking of video games when is the GBS rpg beta dropping

ROFLburger had the master game files and told me he would be finishing it. It doesn't seem like he is. Idk maybe I'll start up a new project.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Skeleton King posted:

I'm the chains hanging from the ceiling like its a loving dungeon.

I can't say that his computer setup isn't impressive. It looks like some 90's cyberpunk poo poo, except way filthier. How are goons able to live in total filth so easily?

You'd be amazed what you can accomplish when you hate yourself

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Here's actual, non-fake pics of my hovel

sick gaming setup

lizard gettin' bad ideas from a movie

Turdsdown Tom posted:

check the fuckin pillow covered with pats logos :smug: you could say i sleep in excellence

ugggghhhhh I wanna punch you over the internet

fuckin' patriots

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
What do you even do with a lizard

Reptile pets make no fuckin sense maaaaaaaaaaan

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Makes more sense than birds, which are just flying dinosaurs who hate you. I've known people who had a pet bird for like 20 years but tell you "Oh steer clear of the cage, she'll bite the poo poo out of anyone".

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Turdsdown Tom posted:

small room goons, where ya at?

This is the luxurious living room $300,000 gets you in my city now

Check out dat view too

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Reverse Centaur posted:

Check out dat view too

that looks really nice and comfy, are you thinking about maybe adding a nice rug and maybe a framed landscape over the tv?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
My sad goon hovel had a guest staying over, but I had no blankets so I had to cover her with a scarf. (It wasnt a corpse I swear)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Luvcow posted:

that looks really nice and comfy, are you thinking about maybe adding a nice rug and maybe a framed landscape over the tv?

We find keeping it minimalistic makes it feel bigger/more air-y.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Reverse Centaur posted:

We find keeping it minimalistic makes it feel bigger/more air-y.

understood, it looks nice, love the hardwood floors and the bbq space out back

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Reverse Centaur posted:

Check out dat view too

This is the sort of living space I really want someday.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

criscodisco posted:

Makes more sense than birds, which are just flying dinosaurs who hate you. I've known people who had a pet bird for like 20 years but tell you "Oh steer clear of the cage, she'll bite the poo poo out of anyone".

Yeah lock a thing in a cage for 20 years and it turns insane whoa

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Reverse Centaur posted:

Check out dat view too

for 300k if all you got was a living room i think you got ripped off.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

SneakyFrog posted:

for 300k if all you got was a living room i think you got ripped off.

Not really to be honest, I bought 10 years ago and these are the average house prices as of April:

I'm in the $1.487 area, RIP thought of having children

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Reverse Centaur posted:

Not really to be honest, I bought 10 years ago and these are the average house prices as of April:

holy poo poo. Yeah i try to stay out of metro areas just for that reason.. well and no homeowners associations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

criscodisco posted:

chickens are good pets if you have the garden for them. eat a lot of pests and give you eggs now and then

red_dirt
Apr 26, 2014

by Shine

Reverse Centaur posted:

drat. Good thing those aren't real dollars.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

No electricity or running water

Only registered members can see post attachments!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

red_dirt posted:

drat. Good thing those aren't real dollars.

Home prices are going up 30% per year which more than negates the US exchange, which was even three years ago and will be even again if gas goes back up. Also wages are lower and taxes are higher. It's not connected with the local economy at all.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

peanut posted:

No electricity or running water

I've never seen a house built using scaffolding, is that a grover thing?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Reverse Centaur posted:

This is depressing

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Reverse Centaur posted:

Check out dat view too

noice. 400k got us this:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Minimalist Program posted:

noice. 400k got us this:

like that wood stove a lot

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

SneakyFrog posted:

like that wood stove a lot

Im kinda annoyed by it since it's where I want to put a TV but I can't because there's a wood stove there.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

noice. 400k got us this:

is the hovel part the dead animal on the chair?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

criscodisco posted:

Yeah, birds are real a holes. They're loud, often mean and they poo poo everywhere.

Reptiles mostly just sit around and are kinda useless. They're more interactive than fish, though, and they're pretty easy to take care of.

Dogs are the best, most rewarding pets but are also the most work

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Im kinda annoyed by it since it's where I want to put a TV but I can't because there's a wood stove there.

It's a great looking place, but I was wondering about the lack of a TV. What do you sit around and stare at?

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

criscodisco posted:

It's a great looking place, but I was wondering about the lack of a TV. What do you sit around and stare at?

Phone or laptop I imagine. Or maybe he uses one of those really old computers they call a book.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
look left in the picture detectives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

criscodisco posted:

well your blind so it doesn't matter anyways

• Locked thread