Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I don't think giving up pressure to a historically great defense in one (albeit important) game is cause for much alarm. The offensive line wasn't bad during the regular season. Whereas the CB situation was relatively alarming, and is a more easily exploited weakness. Most draft picks don't pan out, so I really like shotgun'ing the position of need with many picks and hopefully one pans out sooner rather than later.

Shotgunning a position of need might be the dumbest draft strategy I've ever heard. With all due respect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009
Baltimore Ravens

Round 1, Pick 6: Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame: Although it's tempting to engage in hypotheticals over whether it was the right move to take him over Tunsil, the proper tackles to compare him to are Eugene Monroe and James Hurst. The former has been perpetually injured since he signed a long-term contract with the Ravens in 2014, and the latter UDFA has been fairly abysmal when forced into spot starts, which has happened far too often for reasons beyond his control. Having Stanley on the roster gives the team a reliable option at left tackle that they have not had the luxury of the last two seasons. If Monroe wins the open competition, Stanley will instead slot into left guard, which became a position of need after Kelechi Osemele left in free agency. In either case, he will see immediate action.

Was this the most optimal pick that could have been made? No. However, if you had to pass on Tunsil, Stanley was probably the most forgivable alternative, given what the Ravens needed. B

Round 2, Pick 42: Kamalei Correa, OLB, Boise State
Round 3, Pick 70: Bronson Kaufusi, DE, BYU

The Raven's pass rush was completely nonexistent last season, and was probably the single driving reason for most of our defensive woes. The Ravens attempted to solve this problem with these two picks.

Correa provides some young depth to sit behind Suggs and Dumervil. I've seen him compared in several places to Courtney Upshaw with better coverage skills. He should be able to do that and defend the run well, but there remain questions over whether the pass-rushing talent that has come in flashes will transfer to the NFL level. Certainly not the exciting pick when we had the opportunity to get Floyd, but not necessarily a bad one. Could compete for playing time immediately on early downs, though how much is dependent on how the coaching staff wants to do with Dumervil and how confident they are in Za'Darius Smith. The real value of his selection comes from the additional 4th and 5th round picks gained from moving down 8 spots. B

Kaufusi is an athletic freak that a lot of the analytic-obsessive talking heads were high on. He's also noteworthy for being really old for a rookie. Out of the two prospects, he's the more likely to solve the problem at hand and receive early playing time. He'll slot immediately into the D-line rotation, though perhaps not as a starter. A-

Round 4, Pick 104: Tavon Young, CB, Temple: Undersized corner that had the talent to go a couple of rounds higher, if he had the measurable. With Webb moving to free safety, the cornerback situation behind Jimmy Smith is in a complete state of flux, though it's most likely the coaching staff will give Shareece Wright the opportunity to prove the quality play he showed down the stretch last year was not a fluke. Could compete with Will Davis for nickel duties, though he is likely to be beat out there as well. Will most likely ride the bench for his rookie season, but can hopefully serve as better depth than what we have. B

Round 4, Pick 107: Chris Moore, WR, Cincinnati: Obtained with the pick gained from trading with Miami. Looks to be Torrey Smith Minus to Breshad Perriman's Torrey Smith Plus. Not familiar with this guy, but given the Raven's record with drafting receivers, I am not encouraged. He should be behind Perriman and Mike Wallace on the depth chart, and therefore unlikely to see the field much in his first year, barring injury to those above him on the depth chart. Is probably a lock for the roster, but his presence signals bad things for the plethora of late-round receiving projects the Ravens have built up over the last couple of drafts. We didn't have this pick when we started the draft, so I suppose I can't complain too much about how we use it. I just wish I had more confidence in the front office than I can give them. C

Round 4, Pick 130: Alex Lewis, OT, Nebraska: Quality tackle depth. May end up pushing Hurst off of the roster, depending on how the two play in the preseason and how much space is available. B

Round 4, Pick 132: Willie Henry, DT, Michigan: Another pass rusher on the defensive line, Henry stands a chance to earn early playing time for that reason alone. His difficulties in run defense might keep him a rotational player for the near future, but for a team that badly needs pass rush, he provides nothing but upside. A-

Round 4, Pick 134: Kenneth Dixon, RB, Louisiana Tech: Probably the best pick the Ravens made in the draft, though not at a position of need. A fantastic running back with excellent illusiveness and receiving ability, he has enough talent to immediately compete for a starting position. A+

Round 5, Pick 146: Matt Judon, DE, Grand Valley State: Obtained with the pick gained from trading with Jacksonville. Small school prospect, got a lot of sacks I guess? The least likely of the pass rushers to make an immediate impact, but seems like a fine developmental prospect regardless. B

Round 6, Pick 182: Keenan Reynolds, Positional Chimera, Navy: Played quarterback at Navy, though given their insane offensive system and his athletic abilities it's not immediately clear what position he will play. Nor is it clear when he will actually join the team, as he may have military obligations to fulfill. Should he join, he will likely compete for slot receiving and punt return duties, though Michael Campanaro is likely ahead of him for both. I suppose the most optimistic outcome is that he turns out to be Julian Edelman. B

Round 6, Pick 209: Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia: Late round corner chosen based on his physical capabilities than any sort of on-field production. The corner depth outside of the immediate starters is pretty horrid, so there's a good chance that he ends up on the roster. Not a situation where I can be particularly optimistic with his development, though. C

This draft was not as flashy as a team picking so high should have been, but beyond that I can't say I'm too upset with the results. The Ravens actively tried to address position of needs throughout the draft with promising talent, with no particularly egregious reaches present. For a draft class of 11, that's a pretty good result. Overall Grade: B

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

Yeah, I did some more reading on him after I posted this and he's probably going to stick. He actually switched his number to 85 or something so he will probably be used like an h back.

So basically what you guys are saying is he's the second coming of Mike Alstott and I should get my hopes really high for him?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Shadowhand00 posted:

Only thing I'd change here is that Lawler is super skinny rather than stocky:

Whoops, yeah. That was a brain fart on my post. But to add: I think he's really good value for a 7th rounder and will probably make the team.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

My Texans thoughts for anyone who cares (no one)

Still not thrilled with the Fuller pick but it'll be nice to have someone who can take the top off of a defense and open things up for Hopkins, Lamar Miller and Strong. And if he can improve his hands he could possibly be a big time receiver. I just think he's going to get killed by jams at the line because he's so small, and he has tiny hands so I don't know how much I can expect him to improve in that area. Would have rather had Doctson or Treadwell here. Trading up was idiotic even if all it cost was a sixth next year

Love the Nick Martin pick. Don't even mind the tradeup since it was for such a low price and the dropoff from Martin to the next center was much higher than than any sacrifice you make in losing Fuller with Doctson and Treadwell still there. The presumptive starting center was a journeyman nobody which is why I wanted Ryan Kelly in the first, this is a nice consolation prize

I'm intrigued by the Braxton Miller pick. The dude is such a great athlete and showed a lot of flash despite hardly playing any WR and being very raw. I have high hopes for him and think he could easily end up being better than Fuller

Tyler Ervin I don't get at all. You already have him in the form of Akeem Hunt (who I presume is now as good as gone) and you really need to address the defensive end position. This is the point where it's obvious that the Texans are placing an extremely high priority on speed, as if they've been possessed by the ghost of Al Davis. He can apparently return kicks though so maybe they'll finally get someone who isn't scraping the bottom of the league in return average. This could also mean Keith Mumphery is on his way out.

I don't know much about KJ Dillon. Safety was a need for the Texans, hopefully he's decent

I like the DJ Reader pick, nose tackle has always been a big hole in the Texans defense since they moved to a 3-4 and he's an enormous but athletic dude who can be the heir apparent to Vince Wilfork. Of course, I thought Louis Nix was going to be that guy and look how it turned out.

The Texans didn't address defensive end at all and let Jared Crick walk, so maybe they have a lot more confidence in Jeoffrey Pagan and Christian Covington than people think. Billings was still there when they took Ervin, and I would have preferred Billings to be honest. Tight end is also a huge hole but I think once Henry went off the board they kind of gave up on drafting one this year. If he had still been there when they picked in the second round I think they would have taken him and I'd be bitching about how they need a center so whatever. Favorite pick: Leaning toward Miller a bit. Least favorite: Fuller, would have preferred Treadwell

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

warcrimes posted:

Shotgunning a position of need might be the dumbest draft strategy I've ever heard. With all due respect.

Why?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

warcrimes posted:

No that would be shotgunning a position of non-need which happens way too often.

The Chiefs badly needed a corner and got three and I'm happy about it.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Broncos:

Paxton Lynch - Whelp, we got our QB, even if he doesn't start over Lord Buttfumble, we don't have to hear about possible trades for Kap or Fitz anymore. - B+

Adam Gotsis - There were better guys available, and this guy may not even start, but he's got upside. Seriously though, there were better, he could have been our following pick. - C

Justin Simmons - I like this guy, hes a fast little fucker. Little being the operative term here. He is tiny for a safety, which could be an issue, but I still think he's good. - B

Devontae Booker - What a steal. How this guy got so far down the boards is a surprise. Sure we got a lot of backfield going on, but I think he starts sooner rather than later. - A

Connor McGovern - We need a guard since Ryan Clady is gone, and Connor might work. Not 100% sold on him but he may start. - B

Andy Janovich - Sure, a fullback, why not. - C

Will Parks - Simmons is better and is the likely starter, but this adds depth and depth is what we need at the safety position. - B

Riley Dixon - Why not? This is where kickers and punters should be drafted, Tampa Bay! - B

Overall B+ - Getting the QB was important, because honestly I don't think Fitz or Kap are better. Gotsis is a bit of a head scratcher, but who knows he could kick rear end. Like the Booker pick, other than that nothing mind-blowing, but that has kind of been Elway's M.O. the last few years. It's no Jags draft, but at least we didn't take a kicker in the 2nd round or throw away 800 picks on potential bust quarterbacks like the Eagles and Rams. Poor Bradford.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I thought the Titans drafted well and set themselves up for a good rebuild

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Jags were ok

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
The Falcons draft had Dan Quinn's finger prints all over it from my understanding with an emphasis on speed and physicality.

Keanu Neal, S, Florida - Dubbed the Kam of this defense...Quinn has been enamored with him for a while so let's hope he knows what he is talking about!

Deion Jones, LB, LSU - Raw player with freak abilities. Only a one year starter, this season may be rough for him.

Austin Hooper, TE, Stanford - Hopefully he contributes more than our previous TE from Stanford. From what I have read on the guy, it seems like he may be a good pick. Big kid, big frame, red zone threat.

De'Vondre Campbell, LB, Minnesota - Another raw player with freak physical talents...another project player.

Wes Schweitzer, OG, San Jose State - Don't know much about the guy other than he appears to fit the ZBS Shanahan is running...from what I have read and seen, he could be good...maybe?

Devin Fuller, KR, UCLA - Hester is getting long in the tooth, Fuller hopefully fits into the replacement roll. Another dude that can flat out fly.

I have no idea how to grade their draft tbh. I've seen grades all over the board from D+ to A-. One thing is for sure, we got a lot younger, a lot faster and a lot thumpier on defense and that's good to see.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
The Panthers draft was great, and the people saying they went crazy drafting 3 guys just to replace Josh Norman are dumb. The panthers lost 3 starting defensive backs: Norman, Tillman, and Harper. Losing Norman tipped it over the edge, but they still were down 2 starters if he had stayed.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

three posted:

The Panthers draft was great, and the people saying they went crazy drafting 3 guys just to replace Josh Norman are dumb. The panthers lost 3 starting defensive backs: Norman, Tillman, and Harper. Losing Norman tipped it over the edge, but they still were down 2 starters if he had stayed.

Tillman is still a maybe.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I forgot to tell you Panther goons, I was flying out of O'Hare Friday morning and saw this giant black man in a really nice suit and a sparkly Panthers hat and told my wife "I bet that dude got drafted by the Panthers last night". Sure as poo poo, I googled who Carolina took and it was Vernon Butler in the same drat clothes he was in from the night before.

I wanted to tape a #RISEUP sign to his back but he may have murdered me. Please take it easy on Devonta and Matt Mr. Butler :ohdear:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

FizFashizzle posted:

Tillman is still a maybe.

He's a 35 year old corner coming off an ACL tear. He's an eventually.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Miss you, Peanut.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Joey Freshwater posted:

So basically what you guys are saying is he's the second coming of Mike Alstott and I should get my hopes really high for him?

He doesn't seem to be much of a runner, more of a receiver. Which is disappointing to me, but he's a big dude with big shoulders/shoulder pads that wore #40 in college so that's kind of close....

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Rams got a quarterback not named Nick Foles or Case Keenum who could be a legitimate starter at some point in his career

A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Seattle Seahawks

Biggest Team Needs: OL (huge gap), DT, CB/RB Depth

1st: Germain Ifedi Offensive Tackle Texas A&M
Traded down (great), addressed biggest team need (great), was high value at end of first (great). High upside, raw, likely to start at guard according to coaches.
A+

2nd: Jarran Reed Defensive Tackle Alabama
Traded up (bad), addressed second biggest team need (good), was exceptional value in the mid second (fantastic). Was never asked to rush the passer, but is the consensus best run-blocker in the draft. I don't like that we traded up, because there were great C and OG players available, but the value of Reed in the mid second is too good.
A+

3rd: C. J. Prosise Running Back Notre Dame
About as high as I'd take a running back. Should compete immediately as 3rd down/backup running back which is needed depth. Played mainly WR in college, and is great at catching and working in space. Normally I'd knock this pick down for not getting more OL/DL/CB, but I didn't love any of the available prospects at those positions at this pick.
A

3rd: Nick Vannett Tight End Ohio State
Appropriately valued at the end of the third round. Did blocking, and also split wide into the slot. Who knows how Jimmy Graham will play after his injury, so TE depth is welcome. It's a fine pick but there were OL and DT prospects right there that I wanted.
B

3rd: Rees Odhiambo Guard Boise State
Addressed the biggest need, but this fella was expected to go 5-7, not end of the 3rd. He's extremely raw because due to injuries he never played a full season. He has tremendous upside, but is unlikely to reach that level. Still, he is welcome depth. My main complaint is that he was drafted far too early.
C-

5th: Quinton Jefferson Defensive Tackle Maryland
5th: Alex Collins Running Back Arkansas
6th: Joey Hunt Center TCU
7th: Kenny Lawler Wide Receiver California
7th: Zac Brooks Running Back Clemson

I don't know anything about these prospects but I like that the FO continued to address their needs in OL, DL, and RB.

TLDR:
Every unit on the Seahawks roster is "okay" or better, except for the Offensive Line which was absolutely terrible. It's the only glaring weakness on an otherwise Superbowl Caliber team and Seattle spent as many picks addressing it as I could reasonably expect a non-TFFer to make. The Seahawks got great value at positions of need with their top picks, then continued to gather depth. Even if the high upside picks don't pan out, I love the strategic decision to take them.

Grade: A

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Gonna post my thoughts later because I lost it all when I was almost done. drat poo poo PC.

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

Andy Janovich - Sure, a fullback, why not. - C

This guy will be way more important than you think. Kubiak's offense needs a proper fullback.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Is Ifedi playing guard or tackle? He's got a lot of work to do as either.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Coaches say start at RG and see if he can eventually swing outside. I agree he has a lot of work to do, and I am skeptical that Cable is the coach to bring out his best. At the same time, the OL last year was truly terrible (2nd in sacks+qb hits). And this offseason Seattle lost its LT and RG to FA, so they'd be even worse. If Ifedi plays the season at below-replacement-level, he would still be an improvement.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Field Gulls expects him to be the right tackle. I do too. I don't love the idea of Wilson having a 6'6" guard.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I watched a lot of him thinking he was a guy Miami would take in the second then I saw Christensen and him both go way too high :mad:

The Whitehair fell like 25 spots he shouldn't have. Strange draft,

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah I was surprised Whitehair fell so far, I thought he was supposed to be the consensus best guard in the draft.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I think he was to most teams? Because the reaction to that Stanford guard was hardly effusive. But yeah I was shocked he fell so far and was hoping Seattle went for him.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Indianapolis Colts

1st: Ryan Kelly, Center, Alabama

Going into the draft I was frustrated by every analyst mocking Conklin or Decker to Indy, when our real need was interior OL. Then, out of nowhere, on the day before the draft, pretty much everybody changed their projections and gave the Colts Ryan Kelly. And wouldn’t you know it, that turned out to be right. This was a great pick at a HUGE position of need. The only possible reason to grade it down is the opportunity cost of not taking some of the pass rush talent still available at the spot, but there’s nothing wrong with taking the safe money this early in the draft. A

2nd: TJ Green, Safety, Clemson
This one was a bit of a wildcard. Given that our starting coverage safety is 35 there was definitely a need, but with more polished prospects still on the board there was some confusion amongst the fanbase. Still, Green is a big-bodied crazy athlete who has real upside, so I’m willing to go with it. B

3rd: Le’Raven Clark, OT, Texas A&M
This pick really threw me for a loop. After watching some pass rushers go off the board to start the round the remaining choices there were less than inspiring, but still some potential and some risks that seemed worth taking. Given how much the front office had hyped up the guys we already had at the position taking a tackle came as a surprise. Supposedly he projects as a guard at the pro level, and we can always use more of those around here, so sure. Will be in the mix at RT and RG, both of which are mostly up for grabs. B-

4th: Hassan Ridgeway, DT, Texas
Love this pick. Probably the last of this draft’s higher-quality DL, solid against the run and should provide some much-needed pass rush from the interior. The issues that pushed him down this far (conditioning and motivation) seem ideal for the Colts, who have enough depth to rotate and a coach known for his ability to motivate players. I expect him to see plenty of playing time this year. A

4th: Antonio Morrison, ILB, Florida
Hadn’t really been on my radar before we picked him. Tape looks good as a run-stopping specialist with some coverage ability. Sounds like his terrible pro day tanked his draft stock, but it turns out he was recovering from a staph infection and participated against doctors’ orders, so I’m inclined to trust the tape on his athleticism. Was arrested for barking at a police dog, claimed it was justified because the dog barked first, which makes enough sense to me. Should compete for the #2 spot, and provide immediate help on ST. B

5th: Joe Haeg, OT, NDSU
Another tackle, solidifying the theme of the draft for Indy. He fell because of small school competition concerns, but he started at LT for three years and was dominant. Hell, he even helped make Carson Wentz into a #2 overall pick. Should compete for the starting spot at RT immediately. B+

7th: Trevor Bates, OLB, Maine
Literally never heard of this guy, and neither had ESPN’s stats department when he was picked. Further review showed that he’s a pretty solid edge rusher, and the Colts apparently worked him out extensively at his pro day, so I’m down. The position is hilariously thin so he could earn a spot if he impresses in camp, but I think the PS is his likely destination. C+

7th: Austin Blythe, Center, Iowa
I love this pick, if only because it kept a guy who I think could be a quality center away from teams I don’t like. Rimington Award finalist, big white Big 10 lineman, decorated amateur wrestler – all the ingredients for OL success. I expect him to make the roster as backup center and utility interior depth. A

Overall: This draft was not terribly flashy or exciting, but I'm a big fan of it. The OL has gotten the overhaul it needed, and while the lack of emphasis on improving the pass rush is frustrating, they did add a couple of high-ceiling defensive players. B+

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I think he was to most teams? Because the reaction to that Stanford guard was hardly effusive. But yeah I was shocked he fell so far and was hoping Seattle went for him.

:lol: if a great o line prospect falls right into Seattle's lap they will never pull the trigger. Take Frank Clark, convicted woman puncher, in the second at a position that isn't even of most important need? gently caress yeah! Take La'El Collins, possibly the top tackle in the draft, to protect the blindside of our super bowl winning qb? :effort:

They skipped on Xavier Sua'Filo, who was considered a top guard in his draft.

They never touch any talented FAs either, not even indulging fans by pretending to make a play at an older ringchaser like Joe Thomas. :sigh:

I miss the days of pummeling linemen that dominated for our league best runningback. 2013 seems so long ago...

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jets
Round 1 - Darron Lee, ILB - Loved this pick. He was a guy I wanted to target before the draft. Aside from a long-term solution Jets needed speed and youth in the linebacking corps and Lee plays fast.
Round 2 - Christian Hackenberg :suicide:
Round 3 - Jordan Jenkins, OLB - Less of an athlete but more productive at OLB than Leonard Floyd at Georgia. Should be a solid set the edge type to replace the corpse of Calvin Pace.
Round 4 - Jordon Burris, CB - Don't know much about him other than we need depth at corner and he excels in press man.
Round 5 - Brandon Shell, OT - Built to play RT. Ideally he takes over the starting gig in a year.
Round 7 - Lachlan Edwards, P - Jets had 0 punters on the roster so yay I guess. They also signed the Ray Guy Award winner as an UDFA.
Round 7 - Charone Peake, WR - Can't get much better value. He's basically Stephen Hill if sanity prevailed and Hill lasted until the 7th.

Solid draft. The only thing anyone will ever remember from this draft is Hackenberg though so any retractive grade will ultimately depend on how he develops and whether Chan Gailey can unfuck his head. He definitely has all the arm talent you need.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 13:58 on May 5, 2016

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ozu posted:

Jets

Round 2 - Christian Hackenberg

Ozu posted:

Solid draft.

lolwut

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Epi Lepi posted:

He doesn't seem to be much of a runner, more of a receiver. Which is disappointing to me, but he's a big dude with big shoulders/shoulder pads that wore #40 in college so that's kind of close....

I want him wearing the same shoulder pads that Alstott wore. Are those even allowed anymore?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Colts grade,

Wasted second round pick on a non lineman, all linemen all the time. They get a C for drafting a bad safety who thinks he is a corner when there were still good centers to draft. Need more centers!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ozu posted:

I know what you mean, if my team had gotten Hack I'd be so happy I could just die too

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ozu posted:

Jets

My two part response -

1) At least it wasn't in the first round?

2) At least it's not a kicker in the second?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'd rather have the kicker to be honest

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

We already did the whole "draft 2nd round kicker because our previous one lost us a playoff game" thing with Mike Nugent. It wasn't fun. At least with Hack there's a tiny* sliver of hope that him doing well will provide a lot of Twitter poo poo eating by PFF. That would be :unsmith:.

*micron tiny
Darron Lee is going to do dope things.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 5, 2016

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

So what you're saying is in 5 years or so Aguayo is going to be an OK player on the Bengals

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I mean if drafting Hack is better than drafting a kicker in the 2nd and drafting a kicker in the second (after trading up, mind you...) is worth a B...

Jets won the draft!

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I want him wearing the same shoulder pads that Alstott wore. Are those even allowed anymore?

The easy rule of thumb for answering questions about uniforms for the NFL is to ask yourself "is this a cool thing that would be fun?" If the answer to that question is yes, it is not allowed and will draw a fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Gonna post my thoughts later because I lost it all when I was almost done. drat poo poo PC.

This guy will be way more important than you think. Kubiak's offense needs a proper fullback.

Solid point. At least we drafted him in the proper spot.

• Locked thread