Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

warcrimes posted:

As always with my :effort: posts, play this whilst reading: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPLmxtiVOe0

Round 1: Karl Joseph, S, WVU

The best safety in the draft, Joseph's highlight real is a clinic in hard hits and tackling- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1P-kg0gXIs. Considered an overdraft at 14, he probably is a top ten pick if he hadn't torn his ACL in practice after the fourth game this past season. His coverage skills have improved every year(five INTs in those four games) but he'll probably cover slots in nickel packages. Great character, great work ethic and studies film like a :spergin:, this kid is going to be a stud in the league and gives the Raiders future star presence in the backfield.

Grade: A+

Round 2: Jihad Ward, DT/DE, Illinois

Ward is a physical specimen in the mold of last year's second round pick, Mario Edwards, Jr. 6' 5", 295 lbs, he started his career as a WR but kept growing while keeping a lot of his speed and agility. He has very good footwork for a man his size and never quits on a play. Definitely a project(he's only played D-line for two years), the Raiders are confident they can mold him into a very good football mans. His scheme versatility is something McKenzie covets, he can play the 3- and 5-technique and although he didn't have a great stat season last year, he still earned Honorable Mention in the Big 10 and is one of PFF's highest rated run defenders coming out of college. Another pick considered a reach(I was hoping the Raiders would draft him but figured it would be in third or fourth round if it happened), I'll give give McKenzie the benefit of the doubt for now.

Grade: B-

Round 3: Shilique Calhoun, Edge, Michigan State

Instant member of the All-Name Team, Calhoun is a three-time second team All American who finished his college career with 27 sacks. While a BPA pick, he'll play Leo and join Khalil Mack and Bruce Irvin in the edge rusher rotation. The Raiders desperately needed more sack production out of anyone not named Mack and have really addressed that nicely in the off-season. Another high character/work ethic guy who needs some refinement but is great value in the third round.

Grade: A

Round 4: Motherfuckin' Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State

lol

Cock blocking the Cowboys(e: and Chiefs, maybe) by leveraging a pick they gave us for a lovely WR gives this pick an instant A+. I guess he also gives us depth as Matt "I'm Garbage" McGloin is a UFA next year and Cook can possibly be traded in a couple years. Was by far McKenzie's BPA and also caused a lot of tears from Raider goons so this is like some kind of triple gold medal poo poo.

Grade: A+

Round 5: DeAndre Washington, RB, Texas Tech

I originally compared this 5' 8" 208 lb. ball of muscle to Gio Bernard but a better comp is Maurice Jones-Drew. A perfect complement to Latavius Murray, he'll give us the third down options Ray Helu was supposed to last year. PFF had him ranked as the fourth most elusive collegiate RB. We still need a bruiser-type goal line guy, though.

Grade: B

Round 6: Corey James, LB, Colorado State

A special teams player who gives solid depth at the LB spot. Nothing special although did have 24 sacks in his college career while playing edge and MLB for the Rams. Again, McKenzie is a huge fan of versatility.

Grade: B

Round 7: Vadal Alexander, G, LSU

Depending on who you talked to, Alexander was supposed to go between rounds 2-4. Teams were turned off by his lack of speed and he dropped all the way to the seventh. He'll make the team for sure- another high motor guy who finishes his blocks and played two years at guard and two years at tackle, giving McKenzie yet another versatile guy. I don't normally grade seventh rounders but...

Grade: A

Not as sexy as the past two drafts, McKenzie made the most of his mid-round picks, stuck to his board and got one starter, three key contributors and three much needed depth guys. RM's theme of hard working, high character, scheme versatile players was carried from round one to the end. A solid, solid draft.

Overall grade: B+

I love love love the Vadal Alexander and Shilique Calhoun picks. Karl Joseph is a draft crush of mine (but in the first round?). What the hell is with Reggie picking projects in the second round? We have enough data points to make a trendline here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

warcrimes posted:

Atlanta would have grabbed Joseph three picks later. So I'm absolutely fine with him at 14. Did you watch that YouTube? I love this kid.

If Mario Edwards had never happened I'd be worried about the Ward pick. JDR gushed about him in the post draft presser, so I'm not too worried.

I'm just really trying to not to be a homer. In my head I've already construed all of these players as potential HoFers but but my tff reputation

• Locked thread