Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
THE NEW YORK SORT OF FOOTBALL GIANTS

The Giants entered the draft with many holes, despite a productive free agency. Eli doesn't have a lot of time left, so we needed fast contributors. what we got:

CB ELI APPLE - C
Apple was a total reach at the spot where he was taken, but he was still a first round prospect and a slot corner to cover our bad linebackers is a need. For where he was chosen and for who else was on the board, this grade gets knocked a few points. This pick could look really bad one day, but as a pure prospect, it wasn't awful, just disappointing.

WR STERLING SHEPARD - A
We lost Randle and Cruz is probably dead, and we decided to draft another possible OBJ. More then happy about it.

FS DARIAN THOMPSON - B
Last year all our safeties got hurt and we needed a free safety more than anything. Thompson is that, although he gets to compete with our 4 other safeties from earlier drafts for the spot.

ILB BJ GOODSON - C
I dunno poo poo about him but a mid round linebacker feels like "special teams ace" to me. Considering our linebackers though, not the worst pick

RB Paul Perkins - B
We have 6 RBs on the roster now, I don't know where Perkins fits in, though he seems small and quick and good and a steal for where we got him. Hopefully this pick results in Andre Williams going away forever.

TE Jerell Adams -B
We need a TE but I doubt some 6th rounder is the next antonio gates. He probably barely sees any action at all, if he sees any. But we do need tight ends, so it's fine. Take a chance on one late.

Honestly we needed all these positions, and only Apple was a bad pick. Too bad it was our FIRST PICK gently caress you Jerry. A B overall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread