Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Will Jackson III is a good first round pick. If Dre Kirkpatrick sucks this year (he will), we let him walk and maybe start Jackson next year depending on what's up with darqueze dennard. Added bonus of taking BPA, as well as taking the best corner on the board one pick ahead of the steelers. Solid B+, raised to an A- for making GBS threads on Pittsburgh.

Tyler Boyd, I wasn't too enamored with at first, but if Brandon lafell...don't laugh...can avoid completely making GBS threads himself on the outside, Boyd should be a good 3rd/4th option in the slot. He's a little undersized for the division, and he's definitely going to eat a concussion on an unflagged shazier cheap shot and miss some games. Drafting for need is not a position the Bengals find themselves in a lot. I don't hate it, but given how we didn't really have a lot of holes other than WR, would have liked to see us try and move up for a guy like sterling Shepard. B- as a player, D+ for the eventual shot of him unconscious as Mike Mitchell does a crotch chop over his body.

Nick vigil got some comparisons to kuechely, mostly because he's a white linebacker. Kind of a reach but I love the idea of this dude replacing rey maualugas disappointing rear end in a year. I haven't watched any tape of him but I can imagine him filling that Pat angerer role of "white lb with great football name who gets a million tackles and no other stats". B

Andrew Billings is an incredible value in the 4th round. Ate 266 pancakes in one sitting. Will look mighty fine next to Geno Atkins in the future, and will definitely see some rotational play this year. Ate 266 pancakes in one sitting. Excited to see him eat buck white for breakfast. A+ value, A pick. Ate 266 pancakes in one sitting.

Christian Westerman is an upgrade at backup G/C. Some people are clamoring for him to compete with Russell bodine at starting C but it's not gonna happen. Depending on what happens with Kevin Zeitler he could be in line for some playing time next year. Great value for a 5th rounder. B+

Cody Core has a terrible football name. Presumably the Bengals took him after watching a lot of laquon Treadwell tape. Probably a special teams dude at best but who knows, if Mario Alford doesn't pan out we could see him returning kicks in a year or two. C+, whatever.

We took a safety in the 7th and I can't spell his name. Either him or last year's 6th round safety will make the team. Who knows man. INC

Overall I like this draft a lot except for Boyd. I like him as a player but the afc North is filled with insane murderous linebackers, which is why we went for big dudes like Mo Sanu and Marvin Jones last time. His size concerns me. Would have liked to see a DE somewhere in there but we only had 7 picks. With margus hunt almost up and totally useless and will Clarke making no impression at all, we probably go DE in the first two rounds next year. I love the Billings pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread