Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Buffalo Bills

This dumb idiot team somehow managed to find an offense, only to switch the scheme of their actually good defense because of its moron buffoon coach. The Bills now somehow desperately need defensive players.

Round 1: Shaq Lawson, OLB/DE, Clemson
The Bills needed someone opposite of Jerry Hughes to replace Mario Williams and got one of the draft's better prospects. He loves playing for Rex already because he said it's basically Clemson Part 2 ("all in"). Will probably be willing to do the stuff Mario wasn't. I'm guessing—based on nothing in particular—he'll end up being a solid starter/fringe Pro Bowler, a la Brian Orakpo. A relatively safe pick that filled a huge need.

Grade: A-

Round 2: Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama
Good rear end pick, worth the trade up. Everyone seemed to have a first round grade on him and he fills a huge need. Critics say that he's a throwback linebacker and won't do as well now as he would have in 2004 (something of a thumper, not as quick as other linebackers), but what the hell do they know?

Grade: A

Round 3: Adolphus Washington, DE, Ohio State
Great name and he got busted in a prostitution sting. That's Buffalo Bills football. He was productive in college and should be able to move all along the line.

Grade: A-

Round 4: Cardale Jones, QB, Ohio State
Cardale Jones owns because of that tweet. Lots of physical ability, but incredibly raw and he'll probably never be a good quarterback. The Bills will need a back up after EJ leaves and you might as well swing for the fences. Way more exciting than drafting a boring dude with a Matt Moore-like ceiling. I want to give this pick an A+ because they chose an intriguing QB prospect at the very rear end end of the fourth round, but then that will be misinterpreted as me predicting that he will succeed (he won't), so I'm going to just say B.

Grade: B (but really A+)

Round 5: Jonathan Williams, RB, Arkansas
He was good before he got hurt. Breaks a lot of tackles and whatever. More of a bruiser than a speed guy. Doesn't seem like he'll have an obvious spot on the roster immediately, but McCoy is getting old and Karlos Williams gets hurt all the time, so I would be shocked if he doesn't see play this season.

Grade: B+

Round 6: Kolby Listenbee, WR, TCU
He ran a 4.39s 40. His route-running is suspect I guess. Whatever, he's fast and Tyrod has a great deep ball. Hopefully he's more productive than our last speedster, Marquise Goodwin. Sixth round, though, so why not?

Grade: B

Round 7: Kevon Seymour, CB, USC
Just some guy. Has some special teams experience as a returner and gunner, so maybe he can do a thing, idk.

Grade: B if his name is pronounced "keh-VONN", D if it's pronounced like "Kevin"

Overall: A

I've never been as high on a Bills draft in my life. I'm sure most of the players will end up busting because I'm not allowed to enjoy football, but we didn't reach for a Torrell Troup or an EJ Manuel this year and pretty much every write up has had good things to say about all of their selections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Bills draft is now a D, btw, pending the enlarged aorta retiring Reggie Ragland before he takes his first NFL snap.

• Locked thread