Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bill Barber posted:

Oh sorry I'm not particularly well versed on Sonic lore.

:what:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Very rare

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I've played them and I know about the emeralds but I guess I never really payed that much attention really.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
god drat im looking forward to whatever sonic teams been working on

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

god drat im looking forward to whatever sonic teams been working on

I need the new sonic.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

arent they making generations 2?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
The loot crate opening animation is sick

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

goferchan posted:

The loot crate opening animation is sick

I posted a thread about this and got flamed for my efforts. Well at least people are finally seeing the light.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

this loss edit is weird.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I love the drat product.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I'm going to get this game for the spicy babes and the unique abilities.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I love the drat product.

I love brands.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Brands, Products, Content. The trifecta of good poo poo

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

We the gamers demand more Content!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
In the world of gaming, everyone's a winner... Except for Our Wallets!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

net cafe scandal posted:

I posted a thread about this and got flamed for my efforts. Well at least people are finally seeing the light.

Next time I get a loot crate Im going to open one & a Hearthstone card pack at the same time.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Walking around the house saying stuff like "We need more content creators, period" and " of course I love the new product" to myself and laughing from it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

*button pops off my shirt as I do the Praise the Sun gesture* Praise the content creators!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

rediscover posted:

Walking around the house saying stuff like "We need more content creators, period" and " of course I love the new product" to myself and laughing from it

brand recognition

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*follows Blizzard on twitter*

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

heres to hoping blizzard find a way to monetize community content creations

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

rediscover posted:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chaos... control

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

welcome back

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Overwatch Is Now Playable. Time to be loving blown away by Blizzard's genius, yet again. Smell you later, gents

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i'm playing this right now but I haven't found the fun character yet, can someone teach me

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

trying to jack off posted:

heres to hoping blizzard find a way to monetize community content creations

How I learned to stop worrying and love the monetization of community content creation

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Brands.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
this game is pretty casual trash so that's cool if u like that kind of thing

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shaggar posted:

nah b

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shaggar posted:

Give this guy the yoda

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Beecock. This is the new AIDS

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Oh look, the lil noob IK is having fun again. First he started overusing the already dead amazeballs meme, now he's actively helping the spread of the AIDS virus

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Search indicates Ive only said amazeballs twice on this forum. YOu are mistaken.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I love the drat product.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Conan! What is best in life?

To buy the product, support its brand, and to see the monetization of its community content creation.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

AIDS

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Shaggar posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

shaggar was wrong

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Powercrazy posted:

shaggar was wrong

Actually he's right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Alright, so I played Overwatch for a whole two hours. I didn't want to stop, but I decided to pry myself away from the awesome so I could inform my fellow impz about this here game :coolfish:

It owns. It owns, owns, and then owns again. They've consolidated all the stupid poo poo from tf2 into a way more intuitive experience. No more swimming through dumb servers, or being a little pussy and wanting to ~pick a game mode~. There's just one mode. Join Game. Have Fun. Do Objective. Straight to the loving point, no foreplay, Bliz goes right to home base (cause they hit this game out of the loving park :parrot:).

So you pick one of the 21 (:siren:holy gently caress:siren:) awesome Heroes, but Bliz does something great here. If you pick the wrong hero for the match, the game will tell you "TEAM NEEDS MORE OFFENSE" or "TOO MANY SNIPERS" in a booming robotic voice, it's clear that Bliz made a loving serious esport here. So not only is this a fuckawesome shooter, it's an official god drat team sport. I'm looking into the competitive scene myself, imagine how awesome it would be to get paid to play this masterpiece?! :cool: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :cool:

Speaking of playing, lets talk gameplay people. The mode is Payload, and I'm on attack. PREPARE OFFENSIVE STRATEGY pops up in plain white text, and god drat do I love that. No lovely little jokes that get stale, no attempt at having some loving feefees (:gay:) personality; straight to the objective folks. The cages open, and I'm a healer/support, playing awesome music to buff my buds. Controls couldn't be simpler. AWSD move, left click shoot, left shift ability 1, E ability 2. And if you forget, Based Blizzard has the announcer repeat the controls several times throughout the match. Nintendo doesn't have poo poo on how easy this is to pick up and play. :fuckoff:

We take the round. I was the only one pushing the load (a featureless sedan, again Bliz just knows players don't give a gently caress what the ball looks like, as long as playing with it is fun), I guess I was playing with a bunch of noobs cause I could just crouch behind the gigantic car and never get shot, and I got an amazing 24 kill streak before being one-shot by an invisible AOE homing grenade (think the awesome explosive RC Car from COD, but even MORE awesome :black101:).

When we were just a few feet away from the win, the announcer said "REWARDS WILL BE DISPENSED FOR THE WINNING TEAM AT THE END OF THE ROUND." I pull a clutch ultimate with the medic, reviving all nearby teammates with full heath and buffed damage (don't worry it's on a long cool down :science:) and the slickest VICTORY screen I've ever seen swooshes into view, the devs really just know how to poo poo on everyone else's UI. Now we get to watch the play of the game, I thought it'd be me since I had such an outrageous streak but it went to a teammate playing as the sexy-rear end Black Widow sniper, scoring a sweet 2-killstreak on idling players. It was no 24, I don't think he touched the payload ONCE the ENTIRE GAME, I basically did loving EVERYTHING, but I have to say those snipes looked WAY cooler than anything I did. That's when I realized, Blizzard Knows Best. They're not just going by score, or by loving numbers, the geniuses have come up with a measure for the COOL factor. Name me a loving game that does that. :colbert:

Now what're these rewards? Surely the awesome people behind Diablo have come up with some crazy loot system??

Oh. My. God.

That's right. Motherfucking Loot Boxes, with random cosmetic items. I don't think I have to say anything else, this game is perfect, and I've just pre-ordered the Collector's Edition (BEST 130 dollars I've ever spent :hellyeah:) and if you aren't some bitch-rear end, you will too.

• Locked thread