Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Waltzing Along posted:

It's spelled Lester you fuckknobs.

No wonder Americans are so dumb. England created the most retarded language on the planet. Good thing we left when we did or we'd be spelling some stupid rear end poo poo by now. People in Worcester are pretty stupid, too.

You decided to sound stupid, instead of spell stupid

Say aluminum.

Did it sound like, "abloom a bloo"? You might be American.

Say herb.

Did it sound like, "ERRRRRRRRRRRRb"? You might be American.

Say hospital visit

Did it sound like bankruptcy? You might be American.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

It's not so much how they spell than the fact their vocabulary makes them all sound like children.

Sounds like too much barney rubble for me, looks like this palava doesn't quite cut the mustard if you follow my caper

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Also, say these words in order:

Error, err, herb

Could you hear no 'h' in the third word? Perhaps not? Do you find that acceptable? Because it sounds like this to us:

Eh-raw. err, errb

Which makes you sound like you are talking to your buddy Erb who just keeps reassuring you that calling room service at 4am for pork chops is acceptable, and also, your idea for a car is just great and that his business associate thinks your personal odor is above reproach

Mr.Tophat fucked around with this message at 08:46 on May 4, 2016

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

vug posted:

British English has copied a lot of crap from French but nothing as awful as 'erb
le du pompt du chef a la sprinkle ze 'erbs in my goulache, ah oui!

how do Americans pronounce herbivore

English is a big melting pot of languages, or perhaps the avalanche of words is too much to realize such a thing from hearing the American parlance

French people focus on the uh/ah sound when they speak, like, "oui", or "au avoir"
Americans people focus on the sound coming out of their mouth, like 'I have the right to' and 'I shouldn't have to'

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

SirEvelynTremble posted:

I see the colour red when walking on the pavement and some idiot has left an aluminium can lying around. Some may say "I couldn't care less" but they are the reason for my antagoniSed disposition

Cheque your privilege

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Jose Mengelez posted:

i say tomato you say *loud burst of static noise* lets call the whole thing off.

I agree, we're never gonna make alphabet soup this way, perhaps we could always throw together some lingiuinists?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

SurfaceDetail posted:

The american way of doing X is objectively american

I agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

The "h" thing is actually you lame-os adorably freaking out about trying to not sound lower class and shoving the h sound in where it wasn't before.

What, you mean like shoving the h sound at the beginning of the word when there's a h at the start of it? Like herb?

Also, how do you feel about the words knackered, knave and know?

• Locked thread