Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx
lmao @ the idea that the media in general (ie. not fox news) is anti-clinton in any way shape or form

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

snakeandbake posted:

lmao @ the idea that the media in general (ie. not fox news) is anti-clinton in any way shape or form

lmfao

No you see WaPo and the NYT and Politico all have it out for her.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

snakeandbake posted:

lmfao

It's objectively true, an economist said so

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

https://newrepublic.com/article/137673/case-two-faced-hillary-clinton

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Clinton is a "practitioner in the art of the possible."

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

quote:

there’s something bold, even radical, in espousing such a practical philosophy for political deal-making. Maybe it’s not a popular message in this populist moment, but it would have the virtue of being honest.

:eyepop:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
The honest things come out of this side of my mouth

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

When you think about it, saying one thing in private to rich bankers and another thing to the public is really quite bold and indeed honest.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
how the gently caress do i get my paid shill money, the best on offer here is going to be $100 WAM (walking around money) for election day + $40 to drive people +$50 extra from the DNC (for certain districts), thats only $190 wtf

i thought hillary was serious about winning PA and she can't even spring enough for me to get a case of good wine

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Laphroaig posted:

how the gently caress do i get my paid shill money, the best on offer here is going to be $100 WAM (walking around money) for election day + $40 to drive people +$50 extra from the DNC (for certain districts), thats only $190 wtf

i thought hillary was serious about winning PA and she can't even spring enough for me to get a case of good wine

http://www.voxmedia.com/pages/careers-jobs

Try here, in a couple of years you can be on the talk show circuit and getting awful book deals.

Vlad Peeps
Aug 16, 2016

Jimbot posted:

Ah, apparel for those basement dweller Sander supporters she talked about. Gotta make yourself hip to those who you talk down to and diminish.

Yeah that quote was really bad as long as you don't read it or look at it or have someone describe it to you.

"Some are new to politics completely. They’re children of the Great Recession. And they are living in their parents’ basement. They feel they got their education and the jobs that are available to them are not at all what they envisioned for themselves. And they don’t see much of a future.

I met with a group of young black millennials today and you know one of the young women said, “You know, none of us feel that we have the job that we should have gotten out of college. And we don’t believe the job market is going to give us much of a chance.” So that is a mindset that is really affecting their politics. And so if you’re feeling like you’re consigned to, you know, being a barista, or you know, some other job that doesn’t pay a lot, and doesn’t have some other ladder of opportunity attached to it, then the idea that maybe, just maybe, you could be part of a political revolution is pretty appealing.

So I think we should all be really understanding of that and should try to do the best we can not to be, you know, a wet blanket on idealism. We want people to be idealistic. We want them to set big goals. But to take what we can achieve now and try to present them as bigger goals."

However, if you look deeper, you'll find that Hillary Clinton is related to Chelsea Clinton, so this is just propaganda cleverly released by saying it in private knowing it would be leaked months later in order to debunk itself.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
she is a terrible candidate and i am voting for her because the pied piper candidate known as Cheeto Mussolini has been chosen by the rethuglican party

im compelled to vote for :shillary:

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Vlad Peeps posted:

Yeah that quote was really bad as long as you don't read it or look at it or have someone describe it to you.

"Some are new to politics completely. They’re children of the Great Recession. And they are living in their parents’ basement. They feel they got their education and the jobs that are available to them are not at all what they envisioned for themselves. And they don’t see much of a future.

I met with a group of young black millennials today and you know one of the young women said, “You know, none of us feel that we have the job that we should have gotten out of college. And we don’t believe the job market is going to give us much of a chance.” So that is a mindset that is really affecting their politics. And so if you’re feeling like you’re consigned to, you know, being a barista, or you know, some other job that doesn’t pay a lot, and doesn’t have some other ladder of opportunity attached to it, then the idea that maybe, just maybe, you could be part of a political revolution is pretty appealing.

So I think we should all be really understanding of that and should try to do the best we can not to be, you know, a wet blanket on idealism. We want people to be idealistic. We want them to set big goals. But to take what we can achieve now and try to present them as bigger goals."

However, if you look deeper, you'll find that Hillary Clinton is related to Chelsea Clinton, so this is just propaganda cleverly released by saying it in private knowing it would be leaked months later in order to debunk itself.

Aww, so cute! You shouldn't have!

Has anyone in the media even touched the email thing other than blaming Russia for releasing a bunch of forgeries trying to influence the US election? And they say people who don't like Hillary Clinton are conspiracy theorists. They can't claim journalistic integrity either, since they lost that when they were covering the primaries.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm sorry that the emails haven't shown Hillary peeling back her flesh suit and talking about how she truly despises everything left wing. It must be so frustrating when reality cannot prove what you just KNOW is true!

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

quote:

WikiHillary for President

Thomas L. Friedman OCT. 19, 2016

Thank God for WikiLeaks.

I confess, I was starting to wonder about what the real Hillary Clinton — the one you never get to see behind closed doors — really stood for. But now that, thanks to WikiLeaks, I’ve had a chance to peruse her speeches to Goldman Sachs and other banks, I am more convinced than ever she can be the president America needs today.

Seriously, those speeches are great! They show someone with a vision, a pragmatic approach to getting things done and a healthy instinct for balancing the need to strengthen our social safety nets with unleashing America’s business class to create the growth required to sustain social programs.

So thank you, Vladimir Putin, for revealing how Hillary really hopes to govern. I just wish more of that Hillary were campaigning right now and building a mandate for what she really believes.

WikiHillary? I’m with her.

Why? Let’s start with what WikiLeaks says she said at Brazil’s Banco Itaú event in May 2013: “I think we have to have a concerted plan to increase trade ... and we have to resist protectionism, other kinds of barriers to market access and to trade.”

She also said, “My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, some time in the future with energy that is as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere.”

That’s music to my ears. A hemisphere where nations are trading with one another, and where more people can collaborate and interact for work, study, tourism and commerce, is a region that is likely to be growing more prosperous with fewer conflicts, especially if more of that growth is based on clean energy.

Compare our hemisphere, or the European Union, or the Asian trading nations with, say, the Middle East — where the flow of trade, tourism, knowledge and labor among nations has long been restricted — and the case for Hillary’s vision becomes obvious.

The way Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump have made trade and globalization dirty words is ridiculous. Globalization and trade have helped to bring more people out of poverty in the last 50 years than at any other time in history.

Do we need to make adjustments so the minority of the U.S. population that is hurt by freer trade and movements of labor is compensated and better protected? You bet we do. That’s called fixing a problem — not throwing out a whole system that we know from a long historical record contributes on balance to economic growth, competitiveness and more open societies.

In a speech to a Morgan Stanley group on April 18, 2013, WikiHillary praised the Simpson-Bowles deficit reduction plan, which included reforming the tax code to increase investment and entrepreneurship and raising certain taxes and trimming some spending and entitlements to make them more sustainable.

The ultimate shape of that grand bargain could take many forms, she said, but Hillary stressed behind closed doors: “Simpson-Bowles … put forth the right framework. Namely, we have to restrain spending, we have to have adequate revenues and we have to incentivize growth. It’s a three-part formula.”

She is right. We’ll never get out of this economic rut, and protect future generations, unless the business and social sectors, Democrats and Republicans, all give and get something — and that’s exactly where WikiHillary was coming from.

In an October 2013 speech for Goldman Sachs, Clinton seemed to suggest the need to review the regulations imposed on banks by the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, which was passed in 2010. Her idea was not to get rid of all of the rules but rather to make sure they were not imposing needless burdens that limited lending to small businesses and start-ups.

As Clinton put it, “More thought has to be given to the process and transactions and regulations so that we don’t kill or maim what works, but we concentrate on the most effective way of moving forward with the brainpower and the financial power that exists here.” Again, exactly right.

You can also find WikiHillary, or her aides, musing about a “carbon tax” and whether or not to come out in favor of it, as Sanders did. She chose not to now, probably to avoid being saddled by Republicans with calling for a new tax in the general election campaign, but I am confident she’d make pricing carbon part of her climate policy.

When I read WikiHillary, I hear a smart, pragmatic, center-left politician who will be inclined to work with both the business community and Republicans to keep America tilted toward trade expansion, entrepreneurship and global integration, while redoubling efforts to cushion workers from the downsides of these policies.

I’m just sorry that campaign Hillary felt she could not speak like WikiHillary to build a proper mandate for President Hillary. She would have gained respect for daring to speak the truth to her own constituency — and demonstrating leadership — not lost votes.

Nonetheless, thanks to WikiLeaks, I am reassured that she has the right balance of instincts on the issues I care about most. So, again, thank you, Putin, for exposing that Hillary. She could make a pretty good president for these times.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

New York Times delivering the zingers.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/2016/H...b19086e8c7e7840

Great piece. Shows Hillary cared about black people enough to almost do a race speech and get black entertainers on board.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

It's weird that a Pitchfork writer used a word incorrectly, interpolation, because they thought it would look smarter than just writing 'interpretation.'

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

hillary's naked contempt for the american voter is easily her most admirable quality

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

StashAugustine posted:

hillary's naked contempt for the american voter is easily her most admirable quality

this, unironically

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

Finally something I can identify with

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hillary Clinton hates my guts so much and that's something we can build upon.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Clinton's willing lügenpreße

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
WTF http://billypenn.com/2016/10/27/looks-like-the-clinton-campaign-wont-give-philly-street-money-for-election-day/

NO STREET MONEY?!!? plenty spent on all of this internet bullshit and no cold hard cash on the ground?

bullshit i want my case of wine

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Louis CK: " we need a tough mother in the whitehouse because mothers take care of things"

https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58193eb5e4b07c97c1c54ba1/amp?client=safari

Can you imagine if an Asian candidate was running? "We've had white presidents and we've had a black president, but what we really need is someone who's good at math."

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Louis CK: " we need a tough mother in the whitehouse because mothers take care of things"

https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58193eb5e4b07c97c1c54ba1/amp?client=safari

Can you imagine if an Asian candidate was running? "We've had white presidents and we've had a black president, but what we really need is someone who's good at math."
Maye he bought ff13 on a Steam sale and got really into it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5itYR_y6QrU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

:sigh: it's sad what dems are becoming

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Condiv posted:

:sigh: it's sad what dems are becoming

I never read the leak about Hillary praising Simpson Bowles. gently caress her and gently caress Simpson Bowles. Also gently caress Thomas Friedman, too.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Rand alPaul posted:

I never read the leak about Hillary praising Simpson Bowles. gently caress her and gently caress Simpson Bowles. Also gently caress Thomas Friedman, too.

yeah seriously that set me off too

why are "democrats" talking about entitlement reform? we need increased public spending, not more cuts to the social safety net. too bad we can apparently expect the latter with hillary :(

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

The Obama administration made a conscious decision in the summer of 2010 to stay on message about how the economy was well on the way to recovery and the real priority was now deficit reduction. They did this despite the fact they were handing the Republicans a perfect cudgel to beat them with during the midterms later that year. Later they tried to implement cuts to social security and other government programs as part of a 'grand bargain' that was only torpedoed thanks to conservative Republican opposition in Congress.

Presumably they wouldn't have taken these risky political actions if they weren't genuinely committed to these issues. Compare their strong commitment here to other promises they made, such as Obama pretending to oppose NAFTA during his 2008 election run or his pretending to oppose the individual mandate on healthcare insurance. He was happy to break or ignore those promises when it mattered but he pushed ahead with the deficit none-sense even when it was at risk of damaging Democratic electoral prospects. I think that in Obama's mind cutting social security was just one of those unpopular but Churchillian moments of Statesmanship where the wise leader goes against desires of their own base. It's really unsurprising that Hilary Clinton would think the same way.

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx

Helsing posted:

i'm a misogynist

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Helsing posted:

The Obama administration made a conscious decision in the summer of 2010 to stay on message about how the economy was well on the way to recovery and the real priority was now deficit reduction. They did this despite the fact they were handing the Republicans a perfect cudgel to beat them with during the midterms later that year. Later they tried to implement cuts to social security and other government programs as part of a 'grand bargain' that was only torpedoed thanks to conservative Republican opposition in Congress.

Presumably they wouldn't have taken these risky political actions if they weren't genuinely committed to these issues. Compare their strong commitment here to other promises they made, such as Obama pretending to oppose NAFTA during his 2008 election run or his pretending to oppose the individual mandate on healthcare insurance. He was happy to break or ignore those promises when it mattered but he pushed ahead with the deficit none-sense even when it was at risk of damaging Democratic electoral prospects. I think that in Obama's mind cutting social security was just one of those unpopular but Churchillian moments of Statesmanship where the wise leader goes against desires of their own base. It's really unsurprising that Hilary Clinton would think the same way.

http://www.ibtimes.com/political-capital/hillary-clinton-wall-street-financial-industry-may-control-retirement-savings

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Wait is this a thread supporting Trump that doesn't devolve into shouting "obongo" or "niggers"? On the internet?

Seriously, I was beginning to wonder if all the conversations on the conservative side were all like that.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
You don't have to be pro-trump to be anti-Hillary.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Condiv posted:

yeah seriously that set me off too

why are "democrats" talking about entitlement reform? we need increased public spending, not more cuts to the social safety net. too bad we can apparently expect the latter with hillary :(

She really is bad but I am still glad that minorities and women are keeping the crazed orange man out of the whitehouse. Banal evil is just a continuation of the status quo which is better than babby's first step towards fascism.

I can only hope her political instincts prevent her from actually trying to cut social security and medicare as being on the wrong side of that would have severe electoral consequences.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

twoday posted:

You don't have to be pro-trump to be anti-Hillary.

So what is the anti-Hillary argument, then? Other than "emails emails emails", Benghazi, and "bill Clinton rapes babies"?
Cause that's all I've been hearing from trumplets with a healthy dose of racial slurs.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

My Linux Rig posted:

So what is the anti-Hillary argument, then? Other than "emails emails emails", Benghazi, and "bill Clinton rapes babies"?
Cause that's all I've been hearing from trumplets with a healthy dose of racial slurs.

It is possible to not like either candidate for actual reasons beyond idiocy flying around in the media. Clinton is a standard lovely run of the mill dem who gives and will most likely continue to give handjobs to our corporate masters. Unfortunately since our political discourse has devolved to a contest between that and extreme right wing insanity welp I guess that's the best we can do this time around.

If you are looking for reasoned Trump voters who dislike Hillary for reasons outside of conspiracy tripe I'm sure they exist somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

My Linux Rig posted:

Her status as leader of what Obama memorably named the Stupid poo poo Caucus, the people insistent on reacting to any foreign policy development with a show of force on grounds doing something must necessarily be better than waiting for more information, is a good reason to be concerned she's gonna throw troops back into the Middle East.

Economically speaking she's got one hell of a checkered past, and anyone with a net worth under 100k who knows what Treasury Secretary Erskine Bowles means instinctively cringes when they hear the words. Grand Bargain II, Son Of Grand Bargain is going to be utterly reliant on republican intransigence to defeat, because Hillary and her acolytes are extremely open to reforming welfare out of the hands of all those filthy poor people.

And of course personally she's a woman in power and that rubs a lot of people the wrong way in ways they're not proud of, but those first two are the most defensible reasons.

That Trump would be a million times worse is uncontroversial, but it doesn't make those two stop being true.

• Locked thread