Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
A man I used to follow said that star fox zero was equal to federation force in badness and it showed nintendo's hubris. While I haven't played the game and shouldn't judge something I haven't tried, somehow I doubt him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Last summer I played through like 10 mainline Mario games again in anticipation of super Mario maker. Was epic. Super Mario World is still one of my favorite games of all time

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Nintendo is cool and good, and even though people like to rag on the obvious things they've hosed up in the past their presence in the gaming industry is a net positive. If someone is actively wishing for Nintendo to get out of gaming then it's safe to say that they have bad, or at least extremely narrow-minded, Opinions About Video Games.

NickRoweFillea posted:

I love my 3DS. It's my favorite system.

same. I put a bunch of time into figuring out the best new gaming computer I could afford, but even after buying that I still put more time into the 3DS I've owned for two years.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

It's hard to choose between Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World as best 2D Mario

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's world for me but maybe because I've played it a lot more and I'm better at it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Nintendo!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

It's hard to choose between Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World as best 2D Mario

its 3

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i was halfway through typing a long post about how i used to think 3 was better but now world was creeping up on me but i typed a list of the good things of each and it rememind me why 3 was the best lol

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Ninty.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh my god. If Based Nintendo and Based Gaben teamed up... My wallet would never be safe again.

What if NX is short for Nintendo SteamboX...

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I only realized like two weeks ago the GameCube logo animation is a G

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Gigante posted:

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I only realized like two weeks ago the GameCube logo animation is a G

it's going to blow your mind when you realize that the negative space is a C. in. another 15 years

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
the wiiu games thread is currently having a page long debate over a ign rumor.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Pablo Gigante posted:

:pray:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

One nintendo fail: the new kirby is already translated but not released in the US yet. I need to get my robobot on

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

no they will not posted:

it's going to blow your mind when you realize that the negative space is a C. in. another 15 years

Looking forward to it:pray:

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

One nintendo fail: the new kirby is already translated but not released in the US yet. I need to get my robobot on

be patient. kirby games are excellent. you will not regret the wait.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cyron posted:

the wiiu games thread is currently having a page long debate over a ign rumor.

Hm yes, why don't you head back there to spy more

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

Nintendo Xbox.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Nostradingus posted:

be patient. kirby games are excellent. you will not regret the wait.

I know. My friend is playing it already and I'm jealous. Triple Deluxe is my fave kirby

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Nintendo Xbox.

/me tearfully rushes wallet to the ICU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

It's world for me but maybe because I've played it a lot more and I'm better at it.

world was the first game i played so it'll always be my fave

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
They called the [counting with fingers, 1.. Yeah yhats nes, 2... That's snes... 3.....the n sixty four... And 4, that's the GameCube, 5.... 5.... Oh yeah 5 is the wii, and 6 is the WiiU... Okay got it] the seventh Nintendo console the Nintendo One! LMFAO!!!!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Black Baby Goku posted:

They called the [counting with fingers, 1.. Yeah yhats nes, 2... That's snes... 3.....the n sixty four... And 4, that's the GameCube, 5.... 5.... Oh yeah 5 is the wii, and 6 is the WiiU... Okay got it] the seventh Nintendo console the Nintendo One! LMFAO!!!!
WHAT ABOUT THE GAME BOYS

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Black Baby Goku posted:

Hmmm how many nintendo systems were there *looks to my entertainment center* ah yes

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

/me tearfully rushes wallet to the ICU

Chad Warden trembles in fear

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

Hmmm how many nintendo systems were there *looks to my entertainment center* ah yes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

I read this in Antonio Banderas voice

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

the gamecube is probably the most underrated console and had a lot of games that seemed to be bad mouthed a lot despite the fact they have aged well and are still excellent. luigis mansion is prob the most under appreciated Nintendo game

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Chad Warden trembles in fear

Chad Daddy knows no fear

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my morning jackass posted:

the gamecube is probably the most underrated console and had a lot of games that seemed to be bad mouthed a lot despite the fact they have aged well and are still excellent. luigis mansion is prob the most under appreciated Nintendo game

The GameCube fire emblem was the best FE until Fates as well

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

The GameCube fire emblem was the best FE until Fates as well

the ike games were awful and gave almost no freedom to choose a party. theyre almost as bad as awakening except that at least sometimes the maps were okay

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i love the gamecube a whole lot, but the gamecube FE is like the very worst example of "great gamecube game"

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
The best example of great gamecube game is pikmin 2 unless you're one of those melee guys

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

no they will not posted:

The best example of great gamecube game is pikmin 2 unless you're one of those melee guys

i didn't like 2 as much as 1 because it was too combat focused for me. i liked the time limit in 1 also, i thought it was reasonably paced and you usually had to play through a couple of times until you could get everything

pikmin was another game that still looks really excellent.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

no they will not posted:

I still think pikmin 1 and 2 were the absolute best looking games of that console generation

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

the ike games were awful and gave almost no freedom to choose a party. theyre almost as bad as awakening except that at least sometimes the maps were okay

Oh. I remember liking that one a lot , but I haven't played it since release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lesbian baphomet posted:

the second sure but ill go to bat for thef irst one, you ggot a fair amount of room to customize your party, bonus exp wasnt a bad idea although i wish you couldnt scum it the way y ou can, the skill system ws coolish, nd outside of like the bridge map and the chapter 17 swamp the maps were pretty good