Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

new fantasy life, smt5 stuff, unicorn overlord demo, hell yeah. even the endless ocean game looks neat just weird to cap it off with it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Fungah! posted:

lmfao oh christ we get killer instinct

lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao missed this

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

*toads get mad at me* I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm trying to delete it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

*toads get mad at me* I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm trying to delete it.

[Hook]
Toads mad (x24)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

no dragonquest!!! where is it square!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Haven’t had a chance to finish the Unicorn Overlord demo because work is unexpectedly popping off but I’m really liking it so far. The tactical battles play out automatically based on the formations and skills you set up for your units on the strategic map beforehand which you can adjust on the fly to change to different conditions on the field, it’s a cool way to do the real-time/turn-based hybrid. And of course the art and animations are immaculate like you’d expect from Vanillaware. I was already looking forward to it but it’s a day-one buy now. Glad it runs well on the switch too, I figured it probably would, being a 2D sprite game, but you never know with third-party stuff, good to know it can still be played handheld even without a Steam launch.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

----------------

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

[Hook]
Toads mad (x24)

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

did they say anything about pokemon

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

insane anime posted:

did they say anything about pokemon

Pokémon Unite 2 is dropping this summer - and so shall we.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Wormskull posted:

lol i was really good at that game.

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Wormskull posted:

theres an FPS game called The Finals out right now that im addicted to. i uninstalled league for it

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I tried it and couldn’t believe how little I found to like about it lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I have played 300 league games in the past month however. Making up for lost time.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Wormskull posted:

I tried it and couldn’t believe how little I found to like about it lol.

lol dude. spraying foam walls on people to knock them off ledges, putting jump pads on the objective, and being a midget with a sword that can go invisible isnt enough for you

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Maybe it’s my aging Setup but it felt really awful to play and even kinda struck me as lazy and cheap a lot of the time. I uninstalled after 5 games so maybe I didn’t give it a fair 40 hour test.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh that’s why. On top of not scratching any known gaming itch I have it takes relatively loving forever to get into a game.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Wormskull posted:

Maybe it’s my aging Setup but it felt really awful to play and even kinda struck me as lazy and cheap a lot of the time. I uninstalled after 5 games so maybe I didn’t give it a fair 40 hour test.

i just call it the Wee Guy game because i play the circus clown who can hit a group of people with his sword then disappear lol.

Also cmon man, the environments are all able to be destroyed and they spawn bombs all over the map that anyone can pick up and blow holes through, including the floors. so its funny to have a bunch of ppl camping on the objective then just detonate a bomb underneath and watch them free fall

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Everyone install SMITE asap. Lol you know what I tried again and made it up to the first tower before just sighing and alt F4ing and immediately uninstalling was Heroes of the Storm. That game is amazingly whack and pathetic.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Wormskull posted:

Oh that’s why. On top of not scratching any known gaming itch I have it takes relatively loving forever to get into a game.

i have 2 second queue times what the hell man lol

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

insane anime posted:

i just call it the Wee Guy game because i play the circus clown who can hit a group of people with his sword then disappear lol.

Also cmon man, the environments are all able to be destroyed and they spawn bombs all over the map that anyone can pick up and blow holes through, including the floors. so its funny to have a bunch of ppl camping on the objective then just detonate a bomb underneath and watch them free fall

It reminded me of games with similar poo poo that I’d rather play. BattleBitch, my ninja.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Wormskull posted:

It reminded me of games with similar poo poo that I’d rather play. BattleBitch, my ninja.

ohh. never played that. i didnt really want to play that because it looked like minecraft with guns lol

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

insane anime posted:

i have 2 second queue times what the hell man lol

Huh I remember a lot of feeling like “I waited for THIS” cuz the match is like ten minutes. I include having to watch the match ending ceremonies, having to watch the loading screen, having to require, having to watch the next match intro ceremony, etc. It’s the same reason I can’t stand SF5 and even BattleBitch sometimes. Too much bullshit between rounds. I don’t want to look at the end scoreboard that long and I don’t want to watch a Squad Roll Up or w/e the finals, quake champions, Overwatch etc do anymore. :sigh:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

insane anime posted:

This is the first thing I've read that makes this game sound great... I love being an annoying yet effective goof, trickster, irritant, characters of that nature

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

i guess minecraft with guns sounds kind of cool in a way but im so sick of those bullshit graphics at this point

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

insane anime posted:

ohh. never played that. i didnt really want to play that because it looked like minecraft with guns lol

When you’re playing it it’s so crisp and visible and slick that you learn to appreciate what they made out of something that looks like Minecraft with guns at first glance. IMO. But you have to have Battlefield/CoD grind moods maybe.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Wormskull posted:

Huh I remember a lot of feeling like “I waited for THIS” cuz the match is like ten minutes. I include having to watch the match ending ceremonies, having to watch the loading screen, having to require, having to watch the next match intro ceremony, etc. It’s the same reason I can’t stand SF5 and even BattleBitch sometimes. Too much bullshit between rounds. I don’t want to look at the end scoreboard that long and I don’t want to watch a Squad Roll Up or w/e the finals, quake champions, Overwatch etc do anymore. :sigh:

you started playing league at the right time because it used to be long rear end queues with a loading screen that was sometimes literally 10 minutes long

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

insane anime posted:

you started playing league at the right time because it used to be long rear end queues with a loading screen that was sometimes literally 10 minutes long

then someone afks and youre trapped for the 20 minute surrender

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cuz I avoided it for a long time for the same reason, this poo poo looks like Roblox and probably feels awful too. But I was just looking at the box art.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

This is the first thing I've read that makes this game sound great... I love being an annoying yet effective goof, trickster, irritant, characters of that nature

really recommend it. it has a lot of differnet play styles

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Wormskull posted:

Cuz I avoided it for a long time for the same reason, this poo poo looks like Roblox and probably feels awful too. But I was just looking at the box art.

well, at the end of the day, im glad were both happy. Lets loving game.

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

insane anime posted:

I “started” 14 years ago when I had more patience so I know lol, but I have played like 5x as much in the past month than the rest of the 14 years on my account. My only complaint is the queue time but the queue time is something I already take for granted so it don’t bother me as much as the other poo poo. League has the decently to let you leave the match with a button that pops up 1 second after you win. And enough happens in an average league game that it’s kinda like you played 4 games for the queue price of one.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

insane anime posted:

well, at the end of the day, im glad were both happy. Lets loving game.

:cheerdoge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Wormskull posted:

I “started” 14 years ago when I had more patience so I know lol, but I have played like 5x as much in the past month than the rest of the 14 years on my account. My only complaint is the queue time but the queue time is something I already take for granted so it don’t bother me as much as the other poo poo. League has the decently to let you leave the match with a button that pops up 1 second after you win. And enough happens in an average league game that it’s kinda like you played 4 games for the queue price of one.

lol the pro strat is you can alt f4 as the nexus explodes so you dont even have to wait to hit the button :smugdog:

----------------