Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
The timing of this makes me think the Splatfest was rigged from the start.

No idiot would earnestly pit cake against ice cream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

What can even stand a chance against ice cream? It was decided before it even began

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I love nintedno

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

I love nintedno

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Blowout Blast is fun, thank you Evil Eagle. Wish it was on switch though, I had already stashed my 3DS away presumably for good.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've platted the normal worlds in Blowout Blast now, but the requirements for EX world plats are ridiculous unless I'm doing something wrong.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only EX I unlocked was World 1 but it clearly does not gently caress around. They made a pretty fun arcade game around the Suck + Blow mechanic.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Yeah, this is probably the biggest of the 3 games that started as Triple Deluxe/Robobot minigames. We need a full 3d Kirby

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

I can't figure out how to plat 1-1 EX for the life of me lol. I'm just going to move ahead and see if I learn anything from other levels

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I got 1-1 EX finally but 1-2 is impossible

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Yeah, this is probably the biggest of the 3 games that started as Triple Deluxe/Robobot minigames. We need a full 3d Kirby

have i got news for you if you're a switch owner in 2018

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

That's another return to Dreamland style game even though I am very excited for it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot have all been the best Kirby game ever until the next one came out so based on that pattern Kirby 2018 will be the best one ever for a while too. But I want a 3D one

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot have all been the best Kirby game ever until the next one came out so based on that pattern Kirby 2018 will be the best one ever for a while too. But I want a 3D one

i think kirby just works better in 2d. then again ive never played the racer on gc

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'd say Super Star hasn't been surpassed but the last few games have been a rising scale of win.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I liked Kirby 64 but that's the latest one I've played until Blownout rear end

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

I liked Kirby 64 but that's the latest one I've played until Blownout rear end

Should definitely find a copy of Robobot. It's my fave.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kirby's like the one game series I know that is 20+ years, has more than ten games and there's not a single bad one.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

extremebuff posted:

i think kirby just works better in 2d. then again ive never played the racer on gc

That game is so good . Surukai as gently caress

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
triple deluxe and robobot: just nice, fun times

dedede sprint or whatever in tripple is real good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

Should definitely find a copy of Robobot. It's my fave.

My favorite is Dream Course which is probably the best version of fantasy mini golf I've ever seen.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

extremebuff posted:

have i got news for you if you're a switch owner in 2018

there's another retail 3DS Kirby coming this year

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
Is it worth buying a switch now or wait until they come out with a sick Zelda edition bundle this fall or something?? I want it but feel like my patience might be rewarded

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

crunk dork posted:

Is it worth buying a switch now or wait until they come out with a sick Zelda edition bundle this fall or something?? I want it but feel like my patience might be rewarded

They announced a splatoon 2 bundle for Europe and Japan, so maybe the rest of the world will get one. I dunno if Nintendo would do a bundle for the release of Mario + Rabbids, but I guess that's possible too

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

crunk dork posted:

If you want to play Splatoon 2 buy a switch now. If not buy a switch before 10/27/2017 for Super Mario Odyssey.

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
gently caress it I'm just gonna buy one with BOTW on Amazon credit. Never played splatoon but it looks good as hell and everyone who has played it seems to love it

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

crunk dork posted:

gently caress it I'm just gonna buy one with BOTW on Amazon credit. Never played splatoon but it looks good as hell and everyone who has played it seems to love it

Don't skimp on the Mario Kart

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
My wife just ordered us the nintendo switch bundle with BOTW, Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart. I love my wife.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I told my wife we would get one by Christmas. Today she drove me to Target without asking and now we have a Switch. So yeah same.

Soral
May 30, 2009

letting your wife drive you around is a powerful gamer move as it frees up your attention to play 3ds games while on the go

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I told my wife we would get one by Christmas. Today she drove me to Target without asking and now we have a Switch. So yeah same.

nigga that's not a wife, that's a mom

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I fell asleep playing zelda on the tv yesterday and my wife came home and woke me up and I felt like I was 8 again :unsmith:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

My wife bought me the switch for my birthday

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Soral posted:

letting your wife drive you around is a powerful gamer move as it frees up your attention to play 3ds games while on the go

I had it with me on the way there but the battery was dead :whitewater:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted: