Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i will pray to Iwata-sama at my Amiibo Shrine tonight that this soul is either saved or sent straight to Hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

imagine hating Nintendo

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

mental illness is really sad

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

imagine hating Nintendo
Imagine wanting it to be more like Ubisoft.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I won't do it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
SMO should have 1800 moons that way the simple out in the open moons (worth 1 moon) don't feel the same as moons that require a bunch of exploration, problem solving, or platforming (these moons would be worth 3-10 moons, depending on the moon).

This simple change would greatly increase my enjoyment of one of the greatest video games of all time (which I'm currently not able to enjoy because of the aforementioned moon discrepancy).

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It would be nice if more than 3 moons were hard

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

goferchan posted:

Yeah I played all night yesterday, it's great. There's a "speed mode" in the settings that turns down a couple visual effects in favor of performance, but even without enabling it I only noticed issues on one particular boss. Also they've added some of the QoL improvements from the big upcoming update to the Switch versions, so there are more teleporters and drops are a little more generous and there's a new type of ammo pickup that restores partial ammo to all the guns in your inventory

That’s good, I imagine this game would work well in handheld mode.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

It would be nice if more than 3 moons were hard
It's for kids to play

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
kids pwn at videogames

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

FactsAreUseless posted:

no

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

FactsAreUseless posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

*spends hours mastering the Darker Side of the Moon, a true challenge for even the most seasoned gamer* hell yes, a fuckin multimoon

*sits next to a new donker on bench* one third of a multimoon. are you fuckin kidding me. how do I know if I'm having fun with this reward structure

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

cooking is fun at first. you get to make something with your hands and then taste it after you're done. but what they don't tell you at first is that a big bowl of unflavored oat porridge with multivitamins mashed into it has the same nutrient profile as a more difficult meal, like a roast.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Oh, it was gassed, something good happened in this planet.

e: nevermind, they gassed it because they wanted an op with funny graphs or whatever good job GBS

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Don't worry, the same poster made up 90% of the posts in the 100+ page thread. I'm sure he'll start another one.

Picked up a few games on the latest eShop sale. Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap is so loving beautiful you forget it's literally just a coat of paint on top of the original game's structure. It becomes apparent at points from certain old school game mechanics, but it's still fun as hell. The Mummy Demastered is also a pretty fun Metroidvania although it doesn't bring much new to the table besides the death gimmick (which some people seem to dislike). I have such a backlog of digital games now I need to stop getting stuff until I beat a few more.

Switch rules.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

ArfJason posted:

i found out the other day theres a The Nintendo Switch loving Sucks Megathread in gbs

That bradzilla weirdo is seriously one of the worst posters on this forum (I remember him being really gay even before that thread), and he's somehow worse than that goon who is creating an entire Japanese university course about what a failure Nintendo is lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

do u know jenny posted:

that goon who is creating an entire Japanese university course about what a failure Nintendo is lol

What

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

do u know jenny posted:

That bradzilla weirdo is seriously one of the worst posters on this forum (I remember him being really gay even before that thread), and he's somehow worse than that goon who is creating an entire Japanese university course about what a failure Nintendo is lol

sauce plz

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

do u know jenny posted:

That was the dude with 12 pages of effortposts getting really mad at people liking Nintendo and then after he finally started getting chain probated for it cried about how it was just a gimmick.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm really mad about how some people like VideoGames a lot even though they aren't that good,and I'm gonna tell you why
- A totally balanced, healthy person

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Cobalt Viper posted:

That was the dude with 12 pages of effortposts getting really mad at people liking Nintendo and then after he finally started getting chain probated for it cried about how it was just a gimmick.

awesome

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

I.N.R.I posted:

sauce plz

lol I remember that. I managed to find it

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812768&pagenumber=41&perpage=40#post472458985

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Thank you for this, and for fighting the good fight in that thread also.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

yes but i also really wish i didnt keep reading the posts in there

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You are very welcome. I think I made some good points (about Nintendo kicking rear end and goons knowing fuckall about business)

Microsoft literally never made a dime of profit on the XBox brand and Nintendo probably made money on the Virtual Boy and these goobers don't understand why Nintendo might be smarter than Microsoft at making money with video games

Here's another great follow up post of his: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812768&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=43#post472747584

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
it's almost like gbs is full of brain broken people who can only say how much they hate something via rlm quotes

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Raserys posted:

it's almost like gbs is full of brain broken people who can only say how much they hate something via rlm quotes

The funniest thing about that thread were the ones telling me I have Nintendo's cock in my mouth or I am pathetic for arguing in their favor, when I never once argued with anyone who said they didn't like Nintendo or they hate their games or whatever. The only people I argued with are ones that said Nintendo sucks at making money and Microsoft XBox is wonderful at it, and that got them so enraged for some reason lol

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I think it's that a lot of them want to buy Nintendo games, but they are too cheap or whatever to buy a console and just want to add Zelda to the list of Steam games they never play

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The replacement thread got gassed too so victory I guess

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I think it's that a lot of them want to buy Nintendo games, but they are too cheap or whatever to buy a console and just want to add Zelda to the list of Steam games they never play

Lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I think the people in that thread bought uncle nintendo his red text avatar

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

The funniest thing about that thread were the ones telling me I have Nintendo's cock in my mouth or I am pathetic for arguing in their favor, when I never once argued with anyone who said they didn't like Nintendo or they hate their games or whatever. The only people I argued with are ones that said Nintendo sucks at making money and Microsoft XBox is wonderful at it, and that got them so enraged for some reason lol

The XBone has the correct kind of profit model megathread

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
You should have trained those guys into the thousand page Xbox One Ate My Balls Megathread and aggroed them

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You should have trained those guys into the thousand page Xbox One Ate My Balls Megathread and aggroed them

i cant imagine they arent all already xbox sucks thread regulars but i refuse to read either thread

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

I.N.R.I posted:

I think the people in that thread bought uncle nintendo his red text avatar

Haha definitely

People get really mad when I say putting Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze on iOS isn't good idea

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812768&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=135#post479396167

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

these are the worst posts I have ever seen on these forums

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
of course fun exists, its not just a buzzword.
its just not the most important factor and has metrics

do you:

a) get a switch, have moderate fun (A) for several hours (B) per few titles (C)
run out of money (something of an X factor)

b) get a pc, have good fun (A) for several hours (B) per MANY MANY TITLES (C)
re-coup the hardware investment
turn money into more money
(not stop ... ?)

ignoring any and all finance, PC solves for a higher fun value (AxBxC) every time because:
A) More genres represented, so the "most fun" one can be determined and played
B) PC games are longer, no battery issues etc
C) Massive game library you're seriously unlikely to ever get through

you basically always empirically have more fun on pc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
professor brokebrain's lectures really make a lot of sense, i dont get why the japanese deported him