Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

goferchan posted:

Bayo2 basically justified my Wii U purchase drat . If I never play anything else on here I'll be a happy camper

I was gonna try this game but it looks kind of male gazey and I think my wife might judge me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

bayonetta on the gamepad while my buddies watch sports on the TV

Gamepad only? That changes everything

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

One time years ago I went to the Nintendo store and Mario was on the big TV doing some video conference thing and you could talk to Mario. I said hi and then some kid came up and asked for deets on the upcoming "Revolution". Mario was very polite but evasive on the details.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Toad shoots loads fastest but Peach's loads can float horizontally.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

The Wii U is the only console I own, and that's okay.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

my copy of tokyo mirage sessions #fe isn't hear yet but i also don't have a functioning wii u pad

What's wrong with your pad? If it's the wireless that's a really quick $5 fix.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

If vr gives you motion sickness maybe you should kill yourself

I get motion sickness from regular FPS games so I dunno whether VR would make that better or worse.

can't kill myself till I play all these games tho

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

I've already invested thousands in my purchases of a Nintendo, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, GameBoy, GameBoy Color, GameBoy Advance, DS, 3DS and countless titles for said hardware

Should have also gotten in on the ground floor for the Virtual Boy...

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

It would be awesome if metroid 2 wasnt a pile 9f crap

I played so much when I was a dumb kid with a big gray game boy, so I can't truly hate it. The endless sections of wandering around a big room with the sticky ball were awful tho

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I'm excited about "docking."

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Cybernator

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

the stealth level owns because of all of link's amazing facial expressions

I like when link gets spotted and pretends to be a cat.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I only played the first three Phoenix Wrights, how is the rest of the series? Any that are definitely skippable?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Gunstar Heroes is great, wish I had friends so I could co-op it.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

good news gamers there's going to be a new 3ds [small size with superfamicom buttons] coming out nex t week for only 150 bux hell yeah :thumbsup:

Is this a "new" 3DS or a "New Nintendo 3DS"?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Is skyward sword for Wii u vc getting any graphical upgrade, or is it still the same 480p Wii game?

Just wondering if it's got any benefit beyond not having to find a disc and boot into Wii mode. That takes like 20 seconds but feels so much more inconvenient.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

I only found out because there was a quiet music coming from somebodies backpack for like 15 minutes at the start of lecture and he started getting visibly annoyed and then realized his 3DS had fallen open in his backpack and he had to show the class Maya Fey and explain what was happening lmao.

lol

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

In shop class in middle school some days we would just play games on the computers instead of making poo poo. We played a lot of Scorched Earth

did you play with the option where the tanks said something funny before each shot? i think if you edited a txt file you could make them cuss

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

just give me dq builders, thank you

e: with bonus exclusive dlc where you build hyrule castle

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

portable local multiplayer is such win. the switch is going to own so hard for road trips with kids, I bet I could drive to Maine without a single "are we there yet?"

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

It blows for sure.

it's got some weak levels and could have been much tighter overall, but it's far from crap and nowhere near the worst castlevania

i hope konami releases a new castlevania game for the nintendo switch, that would be great

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

It's called Bloodstained and it will be on the platform at some point

sweet, time to find that 2017 purchase plan thread

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

Castlevania 64 was actually kinda cool but it had an absolutely insane control scheme.

I remember getting legit scared by the hedge maze part with the frankenstein monster

but yeah the N64 had a lot of awful control schemes and cameras cause everyone was still experimenting and the controller was a trilobite

like goldeneye having an option to have a seperate controller in each hand and play it like a modern twinstick fps

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

theres a whole gbs thread full of opinions worse than that

people sincerely suggesting nintendo should stop making hardware and focus on adapting their ip for f2p mobile AIDS, it's hosed up

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

Super mario run is out and they pulled some Pac Man CE2 craziness. You can just walk into goombas and koopas now

maybe he grabbed a star, did u think about that

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

They've had great wireless controllers for over a decade wtf is going on over there?

I dunno, my Wii U gamepad gradually died on me and lost range until I opened it up and replaced the little wifi board. Might just be poor quality control and not a design flaw.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

im gonna mash my vile dick between two joycons and then cum

HD rumble

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

best buy a few blocks away has it in stock... but will they last until my lunch break...

should have called in sick

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

reminder that today is Mar10 day

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Anybody here get a switch from the Nintendo store in NYC, and if so how does the line/wristband whatever system work? Seems to be the only place that has it in stock but they don't go on sale until 3 and I have to work like a scrub.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

oddium posted:

targets are getting switches restocked this week and i don't think they're purchasable online. so trying calling them

thanks... getting nervous about finding one before mothers day...

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

You line up outside before 3PM. I was st the store around 11AM today and there were like 5 or 6 people online? So I don't think you need to get there insanely early or anything to get a console.

cool, gonna get my wife to grab one next time she's in the area

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

I like the 3D when it's just a floating text box

I like in fire emblem when there's a random bird flying over the map

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I'd actually give Nintendo a chance if they did for mobas what splatoon did for shooters

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

that is a lot of loving win...

wonder if it can support a third player for secret of mana though

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

it's just turbo not super turbo

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Bill Barber posted:

The only 3rd party thing I'd include would be NBA Jam:TE but that's more specific nostalgia for me.

pretty sure that would be a legal nightmare to include, unfortunately

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

can't wait for gbs to start screaming about how they already have every game ever made for any system emulated on their phone and everyone should just buy one of those chinese third party controllers with the weird smelling plastic

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Fumaofthelake posted:

Yeah I mean I'd like to see Cybernator but I don't feel like it's "missing," Actraiser to me feels like it's missing.

But yes I am extremely ready to buy this thing.

Ever play Metal Warriors? It's very clearly inspired by cybernator with a really awesome two player vs mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

so i read a thing that said we aren't getting more advance wars until they figure out how to put in a fire emblem style waifu system

i guess i can be patient