Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

i'm the wii u charger cable

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

emoji posted:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Swordcane lmfao

Iconic

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The No Larrys Club

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The only problem is there are so many great Super Nintendo games that no matter how good the list is there will still be fantastic games omitted

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

elf help book posted:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/04/the-first-kirby-game-was-programmed-without-a-keyboard/

The tidbit comes from a talk Sakurai gave ahead of a Japanese orchestral performance celebrating the 25th anniversary of the original Game Boy release of Kirby's Dream Land in 1992. As reported by Game Watch (and wonderfully translated by the Patreon-supported Source Gaming), Sakurai recalled how HAL Laboratory was using a Twin Famicom as a development kit at the time. Trying to program on the hardware, which combined a cartridge-based Famicom and the disk-based Famicom Disk System, was “like using a lunchbox to make lunch,” Sakurai said.

As if the limited power wasn't bad enough, Sakurai revealed that the Twin Famicom testbed they were using "didn’t even have keyboard support, meaning values had to be input using a trackball and an on-screen keyboard." Those kinds of visual programming languages may be fashionable now, but having a physical keyboard to type in values or edit instruction would have probably still been welcome back in the early '90s.

Sakurai, who was 20 at the time, says he simply thought this keyboard-free programming environment was "the way it was done," and he coded an entire functional test product using just the trackball. He even says the process led to some improvements managing the game's "data processing load," creating "a game that had a very smooth movement for a Game Boy game."

that is nuts

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Shiggy is a genius

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

My favorite recent miyamoto story is when he tried an early Breath of the Wild build he spent an hour doing nothing except climbing trees in the area you start in

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

He is legally not allowed to climb trees in real life.

Lmao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I now regret buying that first rabbids game for the wii launch

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Average Bear posted:

Please explain the tree thing

from this post down

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774698&perpage=40&pagenumber=181#post471864035

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

In one of the prototypes seen earlier in development, one source recalled a hulky Donkey Kong themed rabbid serving as one of the first boss encounters. The rabbid has access to a pile of bananas that it can use to replenish its health. Players are required to first cut off his food supply to prevent him from recovering before they can do some real damage. The DK rabbid apparently will dab periodically if it lands an attack correctly (a possible reference to DK’s dab from Mario Kart 8). Once the boss is defeated, one member of the player’s party, a rabbid cosplaying as Princess Peach, takes out a smart phone and nabs a selfie with the DK Rabbid as it collapses.

I look down and see a coin start vibrating on my desk. As I reach to pick it up every single piece of currency, precious stone, and physical bitcoin in my home and yes, even my loving wallet, simultaneously throws itself against my wall at exactly 268 degrees west; the direction of Nintendo HQ

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

vaginal facsimile posted:

i want to get a switch but sold out everywher

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

I found out recently red velvet is just red dyed chocolate cake which blew my mind.

Holy poo poo

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

I love nintedno

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/903005787219345409

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ArfJason posted:

(im glad the game is good because ive always had a soft spot for the rabbids)

the rabbids game that launched with the wii was genuinely fun

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

Nintendo ftmfw always and forever

amen

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Keep in mind this isn't "oh sick Uncharted on my Switch" it's Sony Online Entertainment 2 making switch/ps4 friendly games

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

bloodborne with pre patch load times lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I have a long flight to San Francisco tomorrow, and I’ve been putting it off but it’s finally time. I am currently on my way to the Nintendo store to buy me a drat switch

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

I just walked into Best Buy on a whim and there was a single SNES Classic on the shelf, the first I've ever seen

Enjoy!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

downloading Bioshock Infinite, Mortal Kombat X, Fallout 4, etc to my Nintendo Switch and howling at the absent god unable to strike me down

lmao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

my nigga koji

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Nintendo Switch Skyrim Makes Me Really Wish Nintendo Did Achievements

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lmao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Praying that the switch gets a new Prime to cement its legacy as the greatest Nintendo console

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

wait what

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

please someone tell me that Sakamoto is as minimally involved with this as possible

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

in the next metroid game, ridley will go to samus's house while wearing a MAGA hat and break her easy bake oven over the course of a 2 hour cutscene and samus has zelda's english va

Lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Preorder Now for the Exclusive 'Akimbo Evoker' Arcana Card Back!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Been playing BotW today and just realized for the first time that salt adds to special effect duration when you cook with it.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

in case anyone missed it the second Breath of the Wild DLC is out right freakin now!!!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

turns out you need to have done all divine beasts before you can get to it, and my master mode file is only 2 down :(

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

BotW but with oracle of seasons weather changes and oracle of time dual world mechanics

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I loved classic big element-themed compass map and boss key dungeons, but I also think it was ballsy as hell for Nintendo to make a Zelda without them and the best Zelda’s are always the ones where they change up the series the most

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

goferchan posted:

He does seem like he's having a lot of fun. And I bet he can prove it

“Hey sweetie, are you having fun with your new gameboy?”

That’s an excellent question Susan, let me break it down for you—*pulls out a graphing calculator*

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

nice banjo music notes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

elf help book posted:

the switch rules